Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN - Leicester, Walnut Street - Event Day
Gavin Fernandes
post Mon, 2 Dec 2019 - 15:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,109

Hi,

I was parking on Walnut Street on a Sunday. I have parked there before and the signage on display says that you can park there for up to 2 hours on a Sunday.

However, when I parked there yesterday they had changed the sign. I hadnt realised (you dont often check if you've parked there before). It was changed because it was an Event Day. You'll see there is a padlock where it can be easily changed (I didnt realise this was even a thing).

I hadnt realised it was an Event Day. Apparently Leicester were playing Everton at home on Sunday at 16:30. I thought most football games were on Saturday.

I guess my question is: how was I supposed to know it was an Event Day? Event Day could surely mean anything from football, rugby, concert, etc. There was no signage saying when the Event Day was and what the event was.

I drove further on and went through some side streets and there was signage for some of those roads saying that the Event was for 1 December for the football match. So why have that sign on some streets and not all.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Gavin

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 28)
Advertisement
post Mon, 2 Dec 2019 - 15:03
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Gavin Fernandes
post Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 22:12
Post #21

Thank you for reviewing.

Can you confirm whether I should send a letter or appeal through the online appeal website www.leicester.gov.uk/pcn?

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 22:30
Post #22

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Gavin Fernandes @ Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 22:12) *
Thank you for reviewing.

Can you confirm whether I should send a letter or appeal through the online appeal website www.leicester.gov.uk/pcn?

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

nline is best but take a screenshot and keep a copy also keep an acknowledgement

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 22:53
Post #23

Member No.: 42,618

Definitely online, and get timed / dated screenshots.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Gavin Fernandes
post Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 23:03
Post #24

Sorry just seen the reply.

This post has been edited by Gavin Fernandes: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 - 23:04

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Mon, 9 Dec 2019 - 12:08
Post #25

Member No.: 21,551

Can we pl hold on. It is frustrating when OPs provide their photos on which we act before seeing the real evidence: the council's.

At first the OP referred to being allowed to park for 2 hours.

It is therefore a parking place.

A parking place must have markings and a time plate.

The only requirement when parking in a marked parking place is to look for a traffic sign with a b****y large P marked in white on a blue rectangular background. If such a sign exists, then the motorist must look.

IF instead of the parking restrictions there are waiting restrictions, then these MUST form part of composite and NOT A STAND-ALONE traffic sign.

Such a sign is not in evidence, all we have is a waiting restriction.

Now to the photos of the road markings...what is actually in situ?

Can we pl get this part of the council's evidence, if it exists, before submitting reps!

+Quote Post
Gavin Fernandes
post Mon, 9 Dec 2019 - 16:04
Post #26

Now to the photos of the road markings...what is actually in situ?

I think these have been provided on page 1. There are definitely road markings in place.

Such a sign is not in evidence, all we have is a waiting restriction

But the sign on entry to the street does say permit holders past this point

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 10 Dec 2019 - 23:11
Post #27

@hcandersen the PCN is for code 02 so parking places are not in issue. There are signs, kerb blips and a single yellow line.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Gavin Fernandes
post Fri, 13 Dec 2019 - 11:37
Post #28

Thank you for contacting us.

We have carefully considered what you say but we have decided not to cancel your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). Our decision is based on our policies and on Part 6 of the Traffic Management Act 2004 and other relevant legislation.

You were parked where there are yellow stripes on the kerb and white 'No loading' signs. The kerb stripes mean you are not allowed to park – even to load or unload – at certain times. A double kerb stripe means the rule applies 24 hours a day. A single kerb stripe, as in your case, means the rule applies some of the time (the sign shows the times). If no days are shown on the sign, the rule applies seven days a week. You were issued a PCN for parking at a time when the rule applies. The purpose of this rule is to improve traffic flow and safety at busy times.

Your vehicle was issued a PCN in the Controlled Parking Zone. This has the additional restriction of no loading/unloading on Match Days/Event Days. There is clear signage indicating the additional restriction.

Signs advising of the date of the next Event Day are prominently posted at every entry point into the Controlled Parking Zone. If the event is that day the notice will say ‘Today’.

I note your comments but it is the driver's responsibility to check the signs and road markings where they are parked and to make sure that their vehicle is parked legally. Your vehicle was parked next to the signage which explained the parking rule.

The enclosed photos help to show why your PCN was issued.

You have these choices: Penalty Charge Representations PO Box 8459 Parking Services Leicester LE1 8AW E-Mail: - parkingoffice@leicester.gov.uk Mr G Fernandes 37 Brockenhurst Drive Leicester LE3 2UD Sent via email PCN No. LE19532766 Contact. Parking Office Direct 0116 454 6300 Payment Line 0116 454 1012 11/12/2019

· You can pay the discount charge of £35.00 if your payment reaches us within 14 days of the date of this letter.

· You can pay £70.00 within 28 days of the date your PCN was issued.

· You can formally challenge your PCN by using a Notice to Owner form. The vehicle's owner will automatically receive the form if the PCN has not been paid within 28 days of being issued. The form offers you the chance to formally challenge your PCN or pay the full £70.00. If you decide to formally challenge your PCN, please do not write to us again but wait until the Notice to Owner form arrives.

To find out more information about a Penalty Charge Notice from PATROL follow the link: https://www.patrol-uk.info/

How to pay · online at www.leicester.gov.uk/payments Follow the links from online payments. If you do not have a way to get online you can use the free computers at any city library.

· in person use the self-service payment machines) at: • Pork Pie Library and community centre, Southfields Drive LE2 6QS (debit or credit cards only). • Customer Service Centre, 91 Granby Street LE1 6FB (cash, debit or credit cards).

· by telephone credit/debit card payments only. Automated payment line 0116 454 1012 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Have penalty charge notice number and vehicle registration number ready and state parking fine.

If you require further information about how we may use your personal data, please read our Privacy Notice on our website: www.leicester.gov.uk .

Please note all correspondence or enquiries with the Council must be in writing

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 15 Dec 2019 - 21:28
Post #29

I don't see there's much else you can do. Unfortunately the tribunal cannot allow on mitigation so paying the discount might be the best option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 23:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here