PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN 46. Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway), Double red line, stopped for 15 seconds behind stationary coach
VFR800
post Sun, 25 Aug 2019 - 17:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,352

Hi all,

Was riding my (motor)bike down Grosvenor Place in London, on a TFL red route with double red lines. Of course, I know you aren't supposed to stop there unless traffic is stationary, . So, there was heavy, slow-moving traffic and I saw the road widening to the left. I imagined it was a left-turn lane. Since I was planning to turn left at the end of the road I duly entered the lane. There was a coach about 20 yards in front of me, I stopped a few feet behind it.

After a few seconds, I saw that the traffic to my right was moving faster than I was so I rejoined it. Lo and behold, I then saw that I'd been stopped behind a coach parked in a lay-by.

Five days later, received a PCN with two photos of me stationary behind the bus, in the middle of the lane so clearly not parking, separated by 13.2 seconds.

I phoned a polite lady at the helpline, who said she'd send prints. She also said the white line at right angles to me across the lane should have alerted me to the fact of it being a coach stop.

I went back to the scene with my camera and saw firstly there was no sign saying either bus stand or bus stop, only no stopping except buses and coaches. Secondly, detailed examination showed there is no white line painted on the road at right angles, anywhere, certainly not where I had stopped.

Summing up, I was stuck in stop-start traffic, and when the road opened a new lane to my left, drove down the lane to behind a stopped coach where I stayed a very short time until I realised it wasn't going anywhere, and I quickly rejoined traffic. I think the photos show pretty clearly that I wasn't actually parked, did not get off my bike and was nowhere near the kerb, but was just in the middle lane as if driving.

So, what argument should I give? Should I tell the truth as above, or would it be better to say I thought I had an emergency like a flat tyre?

Is there any significance to the white line which apprears in the TFL traffic cam shots, but not in the pics I took a few days later? Could that help?

Anyway, many thanks for any advice. I have about 5 days left to lodge an appeal.

Peter

Here are the photos, sorry I don't know how to make them open up in the post, you have to click them:
TFL traffic cam shots www.planapo.com/Pepipoo/img20190825_17194717.jpg
My own pics: www.planapo.com/Pepipoo/DSC_2288a.jpg and www.planapo.com/Pepipoo/DSC_2302a.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here