PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TRO and entering your reg into P&D machine
glasgow_bhoy
post Sun, 16 Sep 2018 - 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,424

A local town took on decrim parking around 18-24 months ago.

They renewed the existing meters with the ones you need to put your registration number into. In the car park I'm concerned about, you get your first 2 hours free, and its £1 an hour thereafter to a maximum of 4 per day. If you go over 4, the meter won't allow a ticket to be issued- it seems to record how many hours of ticket you have had each day.

I know someone who got a ticket for overstaying by a few hours (used 2 hours free parking and never paid for any more- forgot all about the car apparently). I'm not looking to help her, but it got me thinking- if the TRO doesn't state the need to enter a registration number, is any ticket issued enforcable?

I requested the TRO from the council and recieved 3 back. From 1999, 2001 and 2006. There has been nothing changed since then.

The following are issues I can see:

- Mentions excess charge notices- now that its decrim, surely these should be PCN's?
- Mentions the ticket must be displayed facing the front window of the vehicle, but the signage in the car parks does not convey this and simply says it must be displayed.
- ECN's seem to have varied prices depending on whether the car has an expired ticket, no ticket or is over 12 or 24 hours in its stay. Yet PCN's are advertised as £30/£60 on signage.
-Charges are recorded on the 1999 and 2001 orders. 2001 states 10p per 20 minutes, but this is now incorrect and the 2006 order says nothing about costs.

On the basis of the above, how likely do you think it would be that an appeal can be lodged? Do they make any difference to the enforcability of tickets?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sun, 16 Sep 2018 - 18:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 16 Sep 2018 - 19:35
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

It should render the PCN's unenforceable, but in truth is unlikely to

post the TRO's

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 08:03
Post #3

Member No.: 38,559

Charges are often on an amended TRO of later date.
Excess charge rather then Decrim will not alter the basic that restrictions exist and are lawful.
Display requirements not on signage means they cannot use that bit of the TRO, signs must clearly show restrictions. But does not damn the TRO.
Requirement to include a VRM could get a PCN cancelled where driver did not enter a VRM or more likely, the wrong one.
But for overstaying, can't see it myself, it has no relevance to the contravention cited.

This post has been edited by DancingDad: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 08:04

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here