PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Driving without insurance
Vision1
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 13:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,260

Hi guys I got caught driving without insurance as I sold my car yesterday and he said to keep it running untill tomorrow so I started my insurance next day at 9:00 but I started driving at 8 40 as I didn't think anything for the 20 minutes but as I got to the end of the street a cyclist went over the give way line as I was on the main road came straight in front my car? I don't know why maybe they wanted a insurance claim so now the police got called I explained the situation and they said at the time of incident you had no insurance as it started at 9 and it happened at 8 40.
Now what they said you have been cautioned you have the right to remain silence .... They said I would be getting 6 points driving without insurance and 3 points. So what does you have been cautioned mean?

I posted this here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...50120#topofpage
And they told me to post It here just wondering if there is a chance I would bet let off for the sake of 20 mins

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 26)
Advertisement
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 13:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 2 Dec 2017 - 15:37
Post #21

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 2 Dec 2017 - 14:32) *
QUOTE (Vision1 @ Sat, 2 Dec 2017 - 14:27) *
How long will it take for it come through as i have heard nothing since then? is it 14 days or they can take however long the like?

If you were warned you might be prosecutred when you were stopped, then the 14 day period is irrelevant.

And, further, no warning is required at all for the offence of no insurance.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Vision1
post Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:23
Post #22

Member No.: 95,260

I got caught driving without insurance after an accident as I started driving 20 minutes before my insurance.
So I got a call after 1 month saying they need to do paperwork which is going to take 5 minutes and will be coming to my home. Can they still give me a nip after 1 month after this incident?

Thanks

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:27
Post #23

No NIP is required for that offence.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:40
Post #24

Member No.: 9,683

And still we are none the wiser to the answer to any of the questions here.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:57
Post #25

I only realised I’d previously answered the question he just asked when I merged his old and new threads, which he’d posted in breach of the forum rules.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NewJudge
post Thu, 11 Jan 2018 - 09:15
Post #26

Member No.: 23,623

QUOTE (Vision1 @ Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:23) *
So I got a call after 1 month saying they need to do paperwork which is going to take 5 minutes and will be coming to my home.

Who are "they"?

+Quote Post
samthecat
post Thu, 11 Jan 2018 - 09:23
Post #27

Member No.: 83,881

QUOTE (NewJudge @ Thu, 11 Jan 2018 - 09:15) *
QUOTE (Vision1 @ Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 23:23) *
So I got a call after 1 month saying they need to do paperwork which is going to take 5 minutes and will be coming to my home.

Who are "they"?

Presumably the Police who are investigating the incident....

OP - There is one simple question you need to answer (not necessarily to us but to the officers), were you insured at the relevant time. From previous posts you were advised to contact your insurance company and ask, have you done this?

No point trying to find a loophole when there may not be an offence in the first place!

--------------------
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 18th August 2018 - 18:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.