PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Causing an obstruction
Korting
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 10:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,524

I am discussing a problem with selfish people parking in such a way when dropping off or collecting children from school.

In one road people park in such a way that traffic needs to go onto the wrong side of the road to get through.

Can these selfish drivers be done for Obstructing the highway which is more serious than parking on DYL’s?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 10:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 11:13
Post #2

Member No.: 317

The offence is unnecessary obstruction, any car parking causes an (some) obstruction.

There aren't many roads were a parked car doesn't cause the traffic to go onto the wrong side of the road so not sure what you're getting at. It sounds perfectly normal, if parking is selfish then that's close to 100% of the drivers on the road.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Steve_999
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 12:08
Post #3

Member No.: 20,304

QUOTE (Korting @ Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 10:50) *
. . . . . such a way that traffic needs to go onto the wrong side of the road to get through.
. . . . .

I thought that was called "passing" - perfectly normal manoeuvre and nothing "wrong" about using the right-hand side of the road.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 13:10
Post #4

Member No.: 38,559

IF police feel like it, they can issue FPNs for Dangerous Parking, can't remember exact offence term, something like leaving the vehicle in a dangerous position on the highway. That is worth 3 points and a fine. They've done that locally to me.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 22:42
Post #5

Member No.: 90,659

Presumably you can't park dangerously just because loads of other cars are parked on the same road? It has to to dangerous in and of itself, e.g. on a corner, obstructing pedestrians, etc?

School parking is my big bear. My daughter's school is on a busy road between a large town and a city. Parents are allowed to park in two pub car parks a short walk away. However, almost every single one parks on the road, meaning traffic literally grinds to a halt because you can't see if it is clear from either end. Then they park on verges, and actually entirely on the pavement, meaning kids have to walk into the grid locked road.

The problem is it has been going on for so long it is just seen as acceptable. Shame they can't bring back a limited number of police traffic wardens, with the police allowed to keep the fines, because I can see proper officers have better things to do than argue with chav parents.

This is one of the clever mummys who thought parking on a steep corner in a side road was a good idea.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 23:01
Post #6

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 22:42) *
Presumably you can't park dangerously just because loads of other cars are parked on the same road? It has to to dangerous in and of itself, e.g. on a corner, obstructing pedestrians, etc?

……….

I would have thought so, posted a link to a police operation local to me a little while ago
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=117966&hl=
Judge for yourselves

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 12:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here