Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

LTi20-20 Query, Video stills query
Leviticus26
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 19:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,413

Hello.

I hope you may be be able to assist with a speeding notice I am dealing with please.

I had no idea that camera vans can get you as you travel away from them on the other side of the road. Wish I'd known that.

I have requested photographic evidence, as their NIP was not clear on the precise location of the offence (it just mentioned a stretch of a dual carriageway c.10 miles long, and didn't specify direction of travel, so I was really unsure where it might have got me).

The 'photos' have arrived (video stills).

One has the speed noted, and no error messages, at 87mph, with frame no. 05. The licence plate is visible, but only just legible, distance of c. 250m. Speed 87mph.

The other photo has no speed recorded, no distance, and the number plate is illegible, frame no. 14.

Do they need to provide 2 images with speed recorded & the licence plate legible on both please?

Separately, are the police still required to give a driver 28 days to pay the fine offered in the NIP please?
I am trying to run out the 6 month court date clock on this one, but wonder if they'll lodge court papers within that final 28 days just in case of non-payment.
If I complete the form later down the road, does that give them any leeway to go to court after 6 months please?

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 19:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 19:45
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Leviticus26 @ Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 20:30) *
Do they need to provide 2 images with speed recorded & the licence plate legible on both please?

They don't have to provide anything at all at this stage. 2 images are mostly irrelevant as your speed is measured virtually instantaneously by laser.

Separately, are the police still required to give a driver 28 days to pay the fine offered in the NIP please?

28 days to name the driver. If they issue a conditional offer of fixed penalty (3 points £100) then you get 28 days to comply.

I am trying to run out the 6 month court date clock on this one, but wonder if they'll lodge court papers within that final 28 days just in case of non-payment.

We need dates to comment - this is usually quite difficult unless there’s a long chain of legitimate requests and delays. Indeed, they wouldn't issue a CoFP if it would 'time out' - at court the penalty for that excess is much more severe. (I would recommended taking the fixed penalty)

If I complete the form later down the road, does that give them any leeway to go to court after 6 months please?

Not sure what you mean - the s172 request? It's a separate offence (6 points) not to comply with this request and the 6 months starts 28 days after the request is made.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 20:04

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Leviticus26
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 20:36
Post #3

Member No.: 98,413

Thanks for your reply.

I was reading about the Lti20-20 at this link:

http://www.pepipoo.com/LTi2020_screen.htm

The 'two photos' question would apply if I went to court, and from that link above it says:

>So there should be about four frames, before the one that they have sent to you, without the "Timeout". If there aren't then the speed they measured was the speed of someone else's car! This link will take you to an example of this.

>'Speed
Target speed calculated from a succession of range measurements. It appears as a negative number if the vehicle is moving away from the device.'

A 'succession of range measurements' would imply more than one, and I'm wondering if they only have the one image, or one measurement, and whether that would hamper their case in court, or I could ask for further photos, or the video, now. I wonder why the later video still image has no speed or distance, but no error message? Maybe the video will show the video panned quickly from another car to mine, maybe the car in front?

The date of the alleged offence was 23rd March 2018. I have 14 days from now to write back to them, which I will do in 14 days, but won't complete the form, just give them A.N. Other's details, who will eventually tell them he wasn't the driver. So, I've already wasted 3 months, just need to use up another 2 and a bit. My plan was to complete the form early in August, get the COFP, then not pay. A friend successfully employed this tactic a few years ago, plus, it will be in the summer holidays when they will be light on staff perhaps.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 20:45
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

That’s presuming you’re not in jail first for that approach.

I’m out.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 20:51
Post #5

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Leviticus26 @ Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 21:36) *
The date of the alleged offence was 23rd March 2018. I have 14 days from now to write back to them, which I will do in 14 days, but won't complete the form, just give them A.N. Other's details, who will eventually tell them he wasn't the driver. So, I've already wasted 3 months, just need to use up another 2 and a bit. My plan was to complete the form early in August, get the COFP, then not pay. A friend successfully employed this tactic a few years ago, plus, it will be in the summer holidays when they will be light on staff perhaps.

Off you fuck.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:58
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here