PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Greenwich Council : Permit Partially Obscured, Using Council's Waiver Policy against them
rosturra
post Fri, 27 Jul 2018 - 08:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,086

Original thread

I had 2 PCNs issued - as my valid parking permit was obscured.

Luckily this was a specific reason to cancel a PCN, in the council's waiver policy.

Even so it went to tribunal, where finally appeal was allowed.

Lessons.

1) Ask to see photos at earliest opportunity (before informal reps). One of my PCNs had photos which were unreadable - so would have been useless as evidence that a contravention occurred at all.

2) Look for the council's Waiver and Exemption Policy. If it is not published on their website, phone parking department and ask. IF they don't comply issue a FOI request.

3) Don't be put off by rejections to informal reps. In my case they were always standard templates - with no reference to the arguments in reps.

4) Keep a note of all calls to council, date, time etc ask for names. In case you get conflicting advice.

5) Don't give up, don't give in!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here