PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

66mph in a 40mph (M20 variable speed camera), Speeding!
Mr_Bo_Jangles
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 21:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,406

Hi all,

I was caught by a fixed speed camera on 16th April 2018 at 22:26 travelling on the M20 heading coast bound between J6 and J7, I got snapped at 69mph in a 40mph.

Now just to clarify, weather conditions were great and the motorway was fairly quiet, well as quiet as the M20 ever has been anytime I've travelled on it. I had been travelling in a hire car that I pick up from Gatwick as I commute weekly from Scotland to work in Kent.

Usual stuff happened, the Single justice procedure notice was issued to me withing their allocated time slots. This was only after being issued to the car rental company as you'd imagine. On the SJPN it states I was doing 69mph.

After pleading guilty and accepting my fate I received another letter telling me that the case went ahead on the 04/02/19 and I was being fined £811 and having 6 points endorsed on my license! As you can imagine I was livid as i'd wanted to plead my case and put forward at mitigations that I have. Anyway, long story short, the case has now been reopened due to my complaints about an unfair trial (so to speak).

I asked to be sent everything from my case file and upon scrutiny I found that the SJPN had 69mph on it whilst the 'Memorandum of an entry entered in the register of the North Kent Magistrates Court LJA:1966' has me down as being clocked at 66mph. Would/could this be used to try and get off with it or am I just grasping as straws?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies in advance for and typo's / spelling mistakes as I'm writing this in a rush on my mobile!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Advertisement
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 21:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 09:12
Post #21

Member No.: 317

What’s the actual alleged speed, we have 66 in the title and 69 in the text, the former may squeak 5 points (you’ll still be over 6, 3 points for this speed is simply not going to happen).

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Mr_Bo_Jangles
post Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 18:49
Post #22

Member No.: 102,406

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 09:12) *
What’s the actual alleged speed, we have 66 in the title and 69 in the text, the former may squeak 5 points (you’ll still be over 6, 3 points for this speed is simply not going to happen).

They have 69mph on the SJPN and 66mph on the Memorandum that was sent to the court.

This post has been edited by Mr_Bo_Jangles: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 18:49

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 18:57
Post #23

Member No.: 49,223

Guidance is 6 points either way.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Wed, 13 Feb 2019 - 20:24
Post #24

Member No.: 9,683

I drive that part of the M20 almost every weekend and can say the variable speed signs are often ON even when there's been no roadworks in the area. I have emailed Highways England several times over the last years about his very matter and have received the usual bland reply, not that this will particularly help the OP.

It is normal for those signs to be on miles in advance of any roadworks but unusual for anyone to be flashed AND receive the FPN/court case. I've been flashed once on that section but no paperwork. I've also seen a number of cars get flashed just before the end of the variable speed section but wouldn't know if they've got the FPN unless they've been on here.

At the moment there's lengthy roadworks all over the M20 with a mixture of average speed cameras everywhere as well as the variable speed section. Whether the average speed cameras are working or switched on I don't know. Again, unless anyone has mentioned it on here, I don't know. Just be careful.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 21st February 2019 - 14:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.