PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Ticket Help UKPC, Parked on Disabled bay
Ati
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 20:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,647

Hi everyone, I am very new to this forum hope someone out there can give me helpful advice.
I was issued a Parking Ticket of £120 (reduced fair of £60 if paid within 14 days) for parking in the disabled bay at Beckton Retail Park. The ticket was challenged on the following grounds:
My son is autistic and I have a letter from doctor which was obtained because he do not wear seat belt and do not stay in car sometimes.
He was not well, didnt go to school and was crying a lot and there was no parking space apart from disabled bays, I took him to a shop just to buy juice.

My appeal was rejected.

"Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge.
We have investigated your appeal based on the information you have submitted and confirm that this parking
charge was correctly issued because there are sufficient signs at Beckton Triangle Retail Park advising drivers that
disabled parking bays are reserved for Blue Badge holders only and that a valid disabled badge must be clearly
displayed at all times. We have a duty to ensure these bays are protected for disabled people under the Equality
Act 2010.
Our Appeals process is now concluded, you may now pick one of the following options:
1) Pay the parking charge detailed above at the reduced rate of £60.00 to UK Parking Control Ltd. PLEASE REFER
OVERLEAF FOR PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ADDRESS DETAILS."

Shall I consider going to court or is there nothing that can be done apart from paying off.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 20:59
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 21:02
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

This belongs in the private parking section. I have asked for a move.

+Quote Post
Ati
post Mon, 19 Feb 2018 - 21:06
Post #3

sorry for posting in the wrong place. thanks for the help

+Quote Post
mdann52
post Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 11:12
Post #4

Member No.: 86,499

Have they not made any reference to appealing further to POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals)? I believe they are still members, so this is the obvious next step.

Please post up both sides of the original notice, with names, codes etc redacted.

Looks like you've allowed the driver to be inferred from the original letter, which is unfortunate, however there may be more angles to attack this from.

This post has been edited by mdann52: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 - 11:13

+Quote Post
Ati
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 18:54
Post #5

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not responding in time.
I am uploading the PCN (front back) and the response letter received from them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

This post has been edited by Ati: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 - 07:35
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 23 Feb 2018 - 19:28
Post #6

Member No.: 54,455

This is in the wrong forum, it needs to be moved to the private tickets forum asap.

OP, you should press the 'Report'button and ask to be moved.

+Quote Post
Ati
post Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 12:21
Post #7

Thanks. I have requested this to be moved to private tickets forum via Report link provided.
Regards

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 12:30
Post #8

Member No.: 21,992

Take the second pic down and redact the reference number, vehicle reg, etc!

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 13:59
Post #9

Member No.: 49,223

Have you contacted the retail park yet?

My understanding is that autism is likely to meet the definition of a protected characteristic, ironically as per the very act they quote!

A Blue Badge isn't the only marker for a 'disabled' person involved.

Whilst on a strict contractual relationship there was a breach due to the non-display of the BB but it their principal is advised that they themselves are potential in breach of the Equality Act will often see a climb down in genuine circumstances. The parking company will no relent on their own volition as they just want the cash.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 15:00

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Ati
post Wed, 28 Feb 2018 - 07:43
Post #10

Thanks for reply, I have not yet contacted the retail park after a search I was unable to find any contact details apart from contact numbers of the shops located within the retail park. What will you suggest as it has been more than 14 days since I received their reply via email. English is not my first language so will appreciate if someone explain in simple english and if there is a letter to write can provide sample.
Thanks once again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 13:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here