Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Citi Park Clements Road Car Park PCN - BaySentry Solutions, PCN at Car park
AcerApple
post Mon, 26 Feb 2024 - 23:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 119,527

Hi All,

I must be having a bad week as I've received another PCN through the post.

The long and short of the story is that between the 9-18th Feb I was away abroad. So when the PCN letter came to my letterbox (date of notice 06/02/24) I didn't see it till I came back. Bare in mind I live in a flat so we have a letterbox downstairs which I don't check except once a week. And the proceeding week before traveling abroad I was busy and didn't get a chance to check my mail.

When I checked my mail, just yesterday (25th Feb) I found the 1st PCN and along with a dreaded PCN number 2 for the same 'contravention' dated 21/02/24.

The PCN is saying that I did not pay to park my car on the 12th Feb. I remember that when I entered this car park, the ticked machines were not operating. I read on one of the signs in the car park that I can Pre-book a spot, so I went on the website and booked an initial pre-booking of 16:00 - 18:00. I then realised later that I needed more time, I then booked another slot from between 18:00-19:00. Please note, that on the PCNs it shows my entry time as 16:32 - 18:18. So the parking times I paid for should be covered. Please see the attachments below for the related artifacts.

My next course of action I believe it to challenge this PCN. Before I do this via their website was wondering if there was any specific argument I can make other then that I pre-booked once I was there. Do I need to say anything else or provide any other proof beyond what I have below? will appreciate any guidance on this matter. Thanks.

Attachments:

PCN dated 06/02/24 page 1: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiRPBEFTboBruXPyLF6...GUv7iV?e=eS7wOA
PCN dated 06/02/24 page 2: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiRPBEFTboBruXQ3LXV...fqIEN7?e=GvbqQp

PCN dated 21/02/24 page 1: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiRPBEFTboBruXVIHVS...RlW4lZ?e=pcxfSG

CitiPark Pre-Booking: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiRPBEFTboBruXbldVD...uJbjxH?e=ES60Jl

This post has been edited by AcerApple: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 - 23:50
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Mon, 26 Feb 2024 - 23:46
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Redx
post Tue, 27 Feb 2024 - 09:50
Post #2

Member No.: 86,486

Your action is either pay, or appeal

Looks like the second one is a reminder once the discount period expired, so not relevant, its not PCN 2 , its a reminder about PCN 1

I now think that the full charge may be due, no discount. I suggest that you up your game in checking your mailbox, at least twice a week, plus especially before going away, your postal actions are nobody else's problem and as they say, Tempus fugit, tick tick tick , time matters , excuses rarely triumph in these private parking cases

PCN 1 does appear to comply with the law named POFA 2012 , so the keeper may well be liable for the charge

If you do appeal, add copies of the proofs of purchase as evidence of payment, but they may still reject and issue a popla code

+Quote Post
AcerApple
post Tue, 27 Feb 2024 - 20:18
Post #3

QUOTE (Redx @ Tue, 27 Feb 2024 - 09:50) *
Your action is either pay, or appeal

Looks like the second one is a reminder once the discount period expired, so not relevant, its not PCN 2 , its a reminder about PCN 1

I now think that the full charge may be due, no discount. I suggest that you up your game in checking your mailbox, at least twice a week, plus especially before going away, your postal actions are nobody else's problem and as they say, Tempus fugit, tick tick tick , time matters , excuses rarely triumph in these private parking cases

PCN 1 does appear to comply with the law named POFA 2012 , so the keeper may well be liable for the charge

If you do appeal, add copies of the proofs of purchase as evidence of payment, but they may still reject and issue a popla code

yeah the not checking mail is on me for sure, didn't think that it would stand as an excuse Re the appeal - however thought id explain what happened for the forum members so they understand why I have a PCN + reminder PCN.

I've put in an appeal via the website of the operator and stated the below:

"The PCN is saying that I did not pay to park my car on the 12th Feb. I remember that when I entered this car park, the ticked machines were not operating. I read on one of the signs in the car park that I can Pre-book a spot, so I went on the website and booked an initial pre-booking of 16:00 - 18:00. I then realised later that I needed more time, I then booked another slot from between 18:00-19:00. Please note, that on the PCNs it shows my entry time as 16:32 - 18:18. So the parking times I paid for should be covered. Please see the attachments below for the related screenshot of my Citi Park account which shows the said times / dates. Please also see the related receipts. Thus I request this PCN to be cancelled. thanks."

I'll see what happens...

+Quote Post
AcerApple
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 15:08
Post #4

Just received an email letter with the following:

"The appeal has been reviewed. The photographic evidence and parking attendants notes (as applicable) have all been taken into account. Having considered the content of your letter we are prepared on this occasion to cancel this notice."

+Quote Post
Redx
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 15:24
Post #5

Member No.: 86,486

Excellent news, put your lottery ticket on. !! 🕺

+Quote Post
AcerApple
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 22:23
Post #6

QUOTE (Redx @ Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 15:24) *
Excellent news, put your lottery ticket on. !! 🕺

Would love to but got one more PCN to fight before I do that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 08:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here