Box junction fine advice - Have i got grounds for an appeal?, Threads merged x4
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,466

Attached Image
Hi there,

Unfortunately i am here and i have been caught out by a box junction camera but considering ive been working in london 7 years ive done pretty well so far (only once) haha.

So the story goes like this. It's busy traffic on my way to work at night its the usual everyone josseling for position pushing in ect. im at the edge of the box junction. (Which im not sure it actually was one its so faded? *refer to pic also is this grounds for appeal in itself? ... Considering im in a car looking at the middle of the junction, from a lower point of view, cars are blocking the main lines at front and not a birds eye veiw camera its hard to make it out at night if its not relatively clear yellow and this was no where near. Its not very clear to me i though it may have been a discontunied one looking at the middle section. But regardless i wasnt taking that risk.)

So the traffic is flowing infront of me abeit very slowly. The cars are moving slowly through the box. The light stays green. Im still waiting. Light stays green traffic still inching forward. So i think ok its moving enough for me to make it in this window.

BUT... if worst comes to worse.. (and i get stuck) ahead in the left lane (im right lane) there is space for one car, but its not the lane i need to be in. So i move into the junction trafic going slowly. It stops i stop... i then look to go around the car ahead of me to move into the left lane.. the car behind me decides to hit the accelerator and take my last option making me look like a fool in the middle of the faded junction. I opt to pull my car as close to the car infron as not to block any other traffic which i dont think i did as no cars came from that direction anyway.

So all this in a nutshell was annoying to happen, i made an error of judgement but someone done me over too. Also i did not indicate in that direction.. i checked my left hand mirror and i saw his car speeding around intowards that space. i was surprised to get the ticket with all that considered. But here we are...
id appreciate any advice and if you think i have any case for appeal
Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:54
Post #2

Attached Image
Hi there,

Unfortunately i am here and i have been caught out by a box junction camera but considering ive been working in london 7 years ive done pretty well so far (only once) haha.

So the story goes like this. It's busy traffic on my way to work at night its the usual everyone josseling for position pushing in ect. im at the edge of the box junction. (Which im not sure it actually was one its so faded? *refer to pic also is this grounds for appeal in itself? ... Considering im in a car looking at the middle of the junction, from a lower point of view, cars are blocking the main lines at front and not a birds eye veiw camera its hard to make it out at night if its not relatively clear yellow and this was no where near. Its not very clear to me i though it may have been a discontunied one looking at the middle section. But regardless i wasnt taking that risk.)

So the traffic is flowing infront of me abeit very slowly. The cars are moving slowly through the box. The light stays green. Im still waiting. Light stays green traffic still inching forward. So i think ok its moving enough for me to make it in this window.

BUT... if worst comes to worse.. (and i get stuck) ahead in the left lane (im right lane) there is space for one car, but its not the lane i need to be in. So i move into the junction trafic going slowly. It stops i stop... i then look to go around the car ahead of me to move into the left lane.. the car behind me decides to hit the accelerator and take my last option making me look like a fool in the middle of the faded junction. I opt to pull my car as close to the car infron as not to block any other traffic which i dont think i did as no cars came from that direction anyway.

So all this in a nutshell was annoying to happen, i made an error of judgement but someone done me over too. Also i did not indicate in that direction.. i checked my left hand mirror and i saw his car speeding around intowards that space. i was surprised to get the ticket with all that considered. But here we are...
Cheers

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:55
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

We need to see all of the PCN and the video

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:03
Post #4

Member No.: 15,642

Wrong forum
HIT REPORT, get it moved to the decrim section.

YBJ are an absolute pain, so you will need to provide
dates
google street view link to the location
a SUCCINCT account of what happened. NO WAFFLE.
anything else your reading of the decrim section tells you you must give

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:03
Post #5

Also wrong forum and duplicate thread

+Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:26
Post #6

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:03) *
Wrong forum
HIT REPORT, get it moved to the decrim section.

YBJ are an absolute pain, so you will need to provide
dates
google street view link to the location
a SUCCINCT account of what happened. NO WAFFLE.
anything else your reading of the decrim section tells you you must give

Decrim section?
Thats a detailed account of what happened..
Isnt it a criminal offence? Thats the section

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:28
Post #7

Member No.: 317

No its not a criminal offence, its decriminalised and should be under the council forum.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:36
Post #8

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:55) *
We need to see all of the PCN and the video

PCN?

I dont have a video

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:03) *
Also wrong forum and duplicate thread

Im new appologies, problem with the photo.
I assumed its a criminal offence seened like right section

+Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:40
Post #9

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=259kf2w&s=9
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zlexro&s=9

Cheers

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:08
Post #10

read the PCN, We can advise you but not do it all for you. Then hit the report button bottom left of the post and ask a moderator to move to the decrim forum. Also ask that they delete all your duplicate threads

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:09
Post #11

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=259kf2w&s=9
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zlexro&s=9

Cheers

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:11
Post #12

Member No.: 59,924

Post the PCN and video. Don't use Tinypic - flickr or Imgur much better.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:36
Post #13

Member No.: 317

PCN - Penalty Charge Notice, the thing the council sent you in the post. They have to make the video of the event available to appellants.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Tipp7245
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:40
Post #14

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 15:11) *

PCN ?
I dont have a video
This forum suggests tinypic
Wow this is turning into more work than its worth is no one going to offer an opinion ? Or help

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 14:57
Post #15

QUOTE (Tipp7245 @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 15:40) *

PCN ?
I dont have a video
Wow this is turning into more work than its worth is no one going to offer an opinion ? Or help

What on we have seen nothing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 15:03
Post #16

Member No.: 16,671

I dont have a video

Neither do we.

I guess someone else has it.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
John U.K.
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 16:53
Post #17

Member No.: 70,515

If using Tinypic, do not post the link from the address bar but grab the code for forums from the list at the side of each pic and paste here. So

Make sure you have copied the entire code.

This post has been edited by John U.K.: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 11:32

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 10:48
Post #18

PCN ?
I dont have a video

You showed nothing, gave a long winded account four times, couldnt work out what PCN meant even though its on your document, and then complained because people didnt offer an opinion quickly enough?

Heres mine: pay

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 23:31
Post #19

Member No.: 42,618

I dont have a video

Here's a tip: get it from the council.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 00:02
Post #20

Member No.: 16,671

edit.

This post has been edited by Neil B: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 00:10

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 13:03
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here