Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help with Wright Hassall, Threads merged
alexsyl
post Tue, 12 Apr 2016 - 08:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,633

Hi all,

Apologies in advance - I'm new here and I know there are countless topics regarding these issues but I'm not sure what to do next.

In November 2015 I parked in the Abbey Walk car park in Selby (the Sainsburys one, in case anyone knows it). It was always free to park and is close to the town centre, as I was meeting a couple of friends for some food there. I arrived at around 7pm ish and left around 10.30.

I didn't think anything of it, so imagine my surprise when I received a letter from ZZPS dated 19th February 2016 saying I had an unpaid parking fine from the above. Turns out this car park is now managed by Vehicle Control Services on an ANPR sheme, which is not exactly well publicised (and by that I mean I couldnt see any signs up in the car park regarding said parking restrictions). I had never received any prior correspondence from VCS to advise that I had a parking fine or anything like that.

I wrote to both ZZPS and VCS, on the same day, disputing the charge as I had never received any prior notification and therefore could not appeal within the initial given period. I did originally research on here and a couple of other websites to help me gain some content for said letters, so said that I would not pay ZZPS as it's all speculative invoices, is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, and there is significant lack of signage in the car park to show the parking restrictions.

I got the usual templated b*llocks letter back, refusing to answer any of my points that I raised, so I wrote to them again to deny the debt to ZZPS and refuse to deal with ZZPS, and demanded they respond fully to the issues and points that I raised in my initial letter, saying that if I didnt hear from them within 14 days then I'd consider the matter closed.

So, yesterday, I receive a letter in the post from Wright Hassall, dated 29th March (but only arrived yesterday - convenient?) - which I have scanned and attached. This looks different to the usual WH templated letters that I have seen people posting about on here and elsewhere - so I am completely unsure how to respond.

Obviously I want to completely stand my ground and have no intention of paying this - I'm just worried about it getting to the CCJ stage.

Is there anyone who could please provide me with some help on how to respond to this WH letter? I'm a bit of a newbie with these kinds of things so anything in laymans terms would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by alexsyl: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 - 11:12
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 79)
Advertisement
post Tue, 12 Apr 2016 - 08:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Dave65
post Fri, 6 May 2016 - 18:27
Post #61

Member No.: 78,368

Listen to Gan, and If you write make sure you sent letter 1st class and get proof of posting at post office "certificate of posting" this is free. Very important.

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Mon, 9 May 2016 - 07:41
Post #62

Thanks guys, will wait for the next letter from them then.

All my letters are sent with proof of posting/sign on delivery so no problems there.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 9 May 2016 - 07:49
Post #63

Member No.: 317

Don't use sign on delivery, or they won't and your letter won't be delivered, hence why you are being told to use free proof of postage.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Mon, 9 May 2016 - 07:59
Post #64

Ok will bear that in mind - thank you

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Thu, 12 May 2016 - 09:45
Post #65

Hi chaps,

Still nothing in response to any of my last letters to VCS etc requesting a copy of the original PCN. Do I just continue to wait?

Many thanks

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 12 May 2016 - 10:42
Post #66

Member No.: 15,642

Yes

You have been reasonable, and have engaged with them.

If they do nothing - you win
If they donothign gor ages - well, they look mighty unreasonable, dont they? So even if you lost, somehow, you would have a good chance of "winning" overall as you might get costs.

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Thu, 12 May 2016 - 13:40
Post #67

No probs - thank you

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Tue, 14 Jun 2016 - 11:33
Post #68

Hi again chaps.

Now well over another month and I have still heard nothing further from WH or VCS, either to further the "claim", or provide a copy of the original PCN I requested.

Shall I continue to wait and leave this, or is it worth writing and saying that I now consider this matter closed?

Cheers for all your help!

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 14 Jun 2016 - 11:40
Post #69

Member No.: 317

Writing would be a waste of a stamp, you are either in the 'too difficult' pile or the 'consider action' writing now won't change that.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
dandyman
post Tue, 14 Jun 2016 - 11:42
Post #70

Member No.: 63,179

Agreed, don't prod them, there is nothing you can say that will influence whatever they have decided (or will decide) to do with your "case". Hopefully you are now in the "beware, this one bites" pile.

+Quote Post
Fluffykins
post Tue, 14 Jun 2016 - 12:14
Post #71

Member No.: 17,593

It never pays to wake the crazy.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/07/bofh_2014_episode_1/

Lots more here to keep your mind off Blight Pastel

http://www.theregister.co.uk/data_centre/bofh/

Enjoy

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Tue, 14 Jun 2016 - 14:13
Post #72

Great stuff, cheers guys (Y)

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Sun, 19 Jun 2016 - 08:40
Post #73

While your waiting it may be worth it to ask/email Selby council if this PPC has planning consent for the anpr system and advertising consent for the signage around the site. I`ve read a few threads where some of these cretins don`t have the relevant consent. It would add to ammunition in your belt.

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Mon, 20 Jun 2016 - 08:25
Post #74

Good shout - thanks Dave!

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Mon, 20 Jun 2016 - 08:39
Post #75

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (alexsyl @ Mon, 20 Jun 2016 - 09:25) *
Good shout - thanks Dave!

Amend this and send by email to the planning officer at the council.

Sir,
I wish to make a formal complaint on the situation regarding the parking management at the car park for the ****** car park site at (name the road or location

The basis of my complaint is that (name the PPC) (a parking management company) has been contracted for parking control and has erected ANPR cameras and signs to the car park entrance that appear not to have consent.

The signs face the public highway and are conspicuous to the general public.

I have seen no press announcements on planning application being requested. I have searched the Council's planning portal and found nothing at all to show that any permission has been sought for the placement of the signs.

I believe that a breach of the The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007) has therefore been carried out.

I request that you take this matter under your consideration to bring the illegal situation into control by demanding that (the company) remove the signs until such time as planning consent has been made. I understand that the council may take a lenient view of this matter and allow a retrospective application. While you may not wish to take legal action against the management company, I would suggest that an application by (the company) for the consent for the signs should be hastily made and a failure of that should be followed up with removal of the signs from the site.
Sincerely

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - 07:47
Post #76

Hello,

so I finally heard back from the council, who informed me that the car park is managed by an agent called Phoenix Beard and that I should get in touch with them.

I duly sent Phoenix Beard an email asking the same question and received the following response:

"I refer to your recent email and would advise that VCS are employed by us to manage the car park at the retail park. This includes signage and any other required consents. Thank you"

Still not had any responses from WH or VCS so I'm inclined to let the sleeping dogs lie now...

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - 08:02
Post #77

Member No.: 60,457

So did the council actually say whether consent for the cameras and signs has been applied for and given?

I had this understanding that signs needed something called advertising consent and without it the erection of the signs is a criminal event. Or something like that

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - 09:08
Post #78

Well it looks like the Planning dept have sloping shoulders, I would ask for a YES or NO answer. If same comes back, then may be a FOI request.

+Quote Post
alexsyl
post Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - 10:32
Post #79

I'll go back to the council and ask. Cheers guys

+Quote Post
dandyman
post Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - 11:39
Post #80

Member No.: 63,179

If the council officers continue to play dumb get one of your councillors to kick them.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:38
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here