PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

62mph in a 40mph temporary speed limit (SCOTLAND)
lewboy372973
post Fri, 20 May 2022 - 13:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,650

Hi, wonder if anyone could help shed any light on what punishment I’m likely to get for this….

I was caught doing 62mph at 03:33am on the M8 in Scotland on what is normally a 70mph stretch but was reduced to 40mph due to roadworks, I was caught by average speed camera and sent an NIP for this offence, is anyone able to let me know what penalty or prosecution I’m likely to face as a result?

I’ve got a totally clean license and have never had any road traffic charges before!

Thanks for the advice!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 May 2022 - 13:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
NewJudge
post Fri, 20 May 2022 - 14:00
Post #2

Member No.: 23,623

As they don't yet know who was driving, you could consider returning your Section 172 request for driver's details (assuming you have not already done so) leaving it unsigned. There are a number of threads on here regarding this. In England you would be prosecuted for "failing to provide driver's details" because there is case law which courts in England & Wales follow. The Scottish Courts do not follow this precedent and, as far as is known, the PF has not taken an "unsigned" case to court so far.

If you don't fancy doing that, you should be offered a Fixed Penalty (£100 and three points) for the offence.

+Quote Post
lewboy372973
post Fri, 20 May 2022 - 14:04
Post #3

Member No.: 116,650

Thanks NewJudge for that info, I have already sent the section 172 back and have signed this too! Just be a case of waiting to see what punishment they decide to give me.

+Quote Post
FuzzyDuck
post Fri, 20 May 2022 - 14:13
Post #4

Member No.: 112,702

Should be nailed on for £100 and 3 points.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 13th August 2022 - 22:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.