PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help! Parking Ticket (UK P.A.O. Leeds)
tallgirl
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,879

I have reading other posts with interest and I am wondering what people will make of a ticket I have been issued. Photo here: (for the reason - under with out valid permit or authority! the writing says 'photo of me leaving site')

The ticket was issued 2 minutes after I parked!
The carpark was for Maplin and other some other stores in Leeds. I did leave the site to use a post box but returned to use the stores. I did not read the detial on the signs so did not think leaving the site for a short time would result in a ticket.
(will get photo of sign later)
On reading the signs after the event the signs say parking is allowed for 1 hour and that leaving site is not allowed.

Does this need to be paid?

In leaving site I have not complied with the sign but it looks from others on the site that this is not enforceable??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21  
Start new topic
Replies (400 - 406)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Garyjs
post Sat, 13 Sep 2008 - 14:04
Post #401

Member No.: 18,097

Well Steve has failed to take me to court yet, with no more mail

Maybe he's getting fed up with people ignoring his silly letters & got a proper job.

Gary

+Quote Post
DW190
post Sat, 13 Sep 2008 - 19:40
Post #402

Member No.: 436

QUOTE (Garyjs @ Sat, 13 Sep 2008 - 15:04) *
Maybe he's getting fed up with people ignoring his silly letters & got a proper job.

Gary

Master of What?

Baiting appears to be appropriate.

--------------------
DW190

BLUNT PENCILS ARE MORE RELIABLE THAN SHARP MEMORIES

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||
|www.PePiPoo.com_||'""|""\_____
|_________________||__ |__|____|)
|(@) |(@)""**|(@)(@)**|(@)|(@)

Frequently Asked Questions

+Quote Post
GretaGarbo
post Thu, 8 Jan 2009 - 00:02
Post #403

Member No.: 17,292

For the attention of people who come to this forum for the first time for advice on this topic:

Please do not be fooled by spurious postings by people purporting to have been banged to rights by a PPC. Consider the fact that there may be people devious enough do this to try and scare you into paying their (and their friends') 'invoices'. I believe they are referred to by bona fide contributors as 'trolls'.

Read the thread carefully, and the various 'stickies' referred to and make an informed choice on your course of action. I think you'll be able to work out who knows what they're talking about.

This post has been edited by GretaGarbo: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 - 00:04

+Quote Post
medic
post Sat, 2 May 2009 - 07:18
Post #404

Member No.: 28,344

First time poster here. I too have received a 'parking ticket' from this company. I received a letter today stating that the fine was now £306 accompanied with the threat of county court action. I've followed the forum for a while and have made no contact whatsoever with PAO. Is the general consensus that i continue to ignore any correspondence received? Thanks

+Quote Post
uknational
post Sat, 2 May 2009 - 07:28
Post #405

Member No.: 7,944

Yea, its all toilet paper. Ignore, wont ever go to court, absolutely no chance of them winning whatsover. The PPC woudl be better spending the postage cost of writing to you on a lottery ticket, far better odds of paying out.

QUOTE (GretaGarbo @ Thu, 8 Jan 2009 - 01:02) *
For the attention of people who come to this forum for the first time for advice on this topic:

Please do not be fooled by spurious postings by people purporting to have been banged to rights by a PPC. Consider the fact that there may be people devious enough do this to try and scare you into paying their (and their friends') 'invoices'. I believe they are referred to by bona fide contributors as 'trolls'.

Read the thread carefully, and the various 'stickies' referred to and make an informed choice on your course of action. I think you'll be able to work out who knows what they're talking about.

hehehe good advice.

Although to be accurate, there not 'Trolls' (one who posts inflammatory and polemic post on a forum for the purpose of causing arguments) but 'Sock Puppets' (one who posts under an alternative or false name for the purpose of promoting a false or misleading point of view - the essential point being the pretence that the puppet is a third party who is not affiliated with the puppeteer. A strawman sockpuppet is a false flag pseudonym created by a user with one point of view, but acts as though the puppet has an opposing point of view, in order to make that point of view look bad and generate negative sentiment towards that view. Such sockpuppets will typically advance foolish straw man arguments that their puppeteers can then easily refute. They often act in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner. The effect is to discredit more rational arguments for the same side - such as the advice to ignore private parking tickets!!. You coould also argue that these people are 'Shills' - A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer)

On ebay, 'Shill Bidding' is the act of creating another account to bid on your own auctions to push up the price artificially, and is illegal in the UK.

Internet Jargon, dont you love it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by uknational: Sat, 2 May 2009 - 07:39

+Quote Post
GretaGarbo
post Sat, 2 May 2009 - 08:42
Post #406

Member No.: 17,292

I stand corrected, thanks for the accurate information

PS You spelt 'they're' wrong wink.gif

+Quote Post
uknational
post Sat, 2 May 2009 - 10:53
Post #407

Member No.: 7,944

QUOTE (GretaGarbo @ Sat, 2 May 2009 - 09:42) *
I stand corrected, thanks for the accurate information

PS You spelt 'they're' wrong wink.gif

Touche..........

Pistols at Dawn ?

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by uknational: Sat, 2 May 2009 - 10:55

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here