PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ULEZ PCN, I got 2 PCN for driving in ULEZ
Bashboush
post Mon, 10 Jun 2019 - 00:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,862

I am not a resident of London. I am not totally aware of the ULEZ in London.
I spent a weekend in London and drove in an out of inner London. I drive a diesel car, which now i have learnt it is not compatible with ULEZ.
I am planning to challenge both PCNs on the basis that I am not a London resident, and I am not aware of the charge. I did not see any signage to advice to pay.
Any other advice?
one more thing, Both PCN issued to the registered keeper(Spouse) but I was the driver, I am intending to declare that on my representation in writing as there is no section if you were not the driver on the form they have sent.

Thank you in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 10 Jun 2019 - 00:09
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Mon, 10 Jun 2019 - 07:35
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (Bashboush @ Mon, 10 Jun 2019 - 01:09) *
I am not a resident of London. I am not totally aware of the ULEZ in London.
I spent a weekend in London and drove in an out of inner London. I drive a diesel car, which now i have learnt it is not compatible with ULEZ.
I am planning to challenge both PCNs on the basis that I am not a London resident, and I am not aware of the charge. I did not see any signage to advice to pay.
Any other advice?
one more thing, Both PCN issued to the registered keeper(Spouse) but I was the driver, I am intending to declare that on my representation in writing as there is no section if you were not the driver on the form they have sent.

Thank you in advance

As usual for this forum, post up the PCN, all sides with PCN Number/name/address/car details blanked-out. Leave everything else in.

Under the legislation for decriminalised motoring offences the owner is responsible for paying or appealing. Who was driving is irrelevant. Your spouse can authorise you to appeal on her behalf, but still has payment responsibility if an appeal is lost.

There is another thread running on the ULEZ, and I suggest you read it. The signage is defective as there is no reference to an obligation to pay a toll if the vehicle is non-compliant.

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 00:54
Post #3

Thank you for your reply

Please find attached the pics

How do I search for the other thread about ULEZ?

This post has been edited by Bashboush: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 00:58

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 07:58
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (Bashboush @ Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 01:54) *

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=128266

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 19:59
Post #5

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 08:58) *
QUOTE (Bashboush @ Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 01:54) *

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=128266

Thank you. I had a look. As I don’t live in London shall I request the DVD ? Or just make representation?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 20:11
Post #6

Member No.: 74,048

You only have until Sunday after that it will be to late.

Make a representation to the effect that although the signage informs you of an ULEZ it does not advise you that there is a charge for entering

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 12 Jun 2019 - 16:45
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 11 Jun 2019 - 21:11) *
You only have until Sunday after that it will be to late.

Make a representation to the effect that although the signage informs you of an ULEZ it does not advise you that there is a charge for entering

Put a draft on here first, but do not miss the deadline.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Sun, 16 Jun 2019 - 23:05
Post #8

Hi All
Thank you for your support.
I couldn't reply any earlier due to some family issues.

Any ways I managed to make the representation online before the deadline and got the conformation email.

the points i made:
I am not a resident of London and I am totally unaware of this charge.

I did not see any signs that advise to make a payment based on the emission. I am aware of the congestion charge signage that advice to pay.
The signage that was advising of the low emission zones did not advice of any payment required upon entering the zone.
I request for the PCN to be cancelled.

I hope that this is enough and I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything from them.

Thanks again

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 17 Jun 2019 - 11:06
Post #9

It gets the main point in and gives us something to work with for appeal

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
RD1
post Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 13:24
Post #10

Member No.: 88,536

QUOTE (Bashboush @ Sun, 16 Jun 2019 - 23:05) *
Hi All

Any ways I managed to make the representation online before the deadline and got the conformation email.

the points i made:

I did not see any signs that advise to make a payment based on the emission. I am aware of the congestion charge signage that advice to pay.
The signage that was advising of the low emission zones did not advice of any payment required upon entering the zone.

I hope that this is enough and I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything from them.

Thanks again

Hello there

How did you get on with your appeal? Have you had a response from TFL as yet?

Myself and another forum user on another thread are on a similar path, but a couple of weeks behind you in the appeals process. We should pool our resources to fight this together!

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Wed, 3 Jul 2019 - 04:02
Post #11

QUOTE (RD1 @ Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 14:24) *
Hi All

the points i made:

Thanks again

Hello there

Myself and another forum user on another thread are on a similar path, but a couple of weeks behind you in the appeals process. We should pool our resources to fight this together!

Hi all.

I’m afraid I had notice of rejection. They claim many things but they claim that the signs not only to alert drivers who travel first time , but to warn regular ULEZ users to pay. I certainly can’t remember seeing any sign advising the need for payment.
I’m not sure how to phrase my appeal. Appreciate your input.

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Wed, 3 Jul 2019 - 04:19
Post #12

QUOTE (Bashboush @ Wed, 3 Jul 2019 - 05:02) *
QUOTE (RD1 @ Thu, 27 Jun 2019 - 14:24) *
Hi All

the points i made:

Thanks again

Hello there

Hi all.

I’m afraid I had notice of rejection. They claim many things but they claim that the signs not only to alert drivers who travel first time , but to warn regular ULEZ users to pay. I certainly can’t remember seeing any sign advising the need for payment.
I’m not sure how to phrase my appeal. Appreciate your input.

This post has been edited by Bashboush: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 - 04:52

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 3 Jul 2019 - 09:45
Post #13

The response from TFL was predictable. I'm sure between us we can help draft your appeal wording. When the time comes, if you can I think you should ask for a personal hearing.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Thu, 4 Jul 2019 - 17:17
Post #14

Member No.: 54,455

A reply that long indicates they are feeling guilty about the whole thing. It is a complete shambles sign-wise, and clearly intended to make shedloads of money from penalties apart from the actual charge itself.

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 03:25
Post #15

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Thu, 4 Jul 2019 - 18:17) *
A reply that long indicates they are feeling guilty about the whole thing. It is a complete shambles sign-wise, and clearly intended to make shedloads of money from penalties apart from the actual charge itself.

I agree.
I’m not sure what to write. If anyone have a template to start me off. I really appreciate it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 10:31
Post #16

QUOTE (Bashboush @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 04:25) *

I agree.
I’m not sure what to write. If anyone have a template to start me off. I really appreciate it.

The gist of it is that the signs didn't tell you you have to pay anything, you'd not heard of the ULEZ before so you had no reason to suspect a payment was required. We've not seen any challenges against the ULEZ go to the tribunal before so we don't have anything to reference, but if you have a bash at it and put a draft on here, we'll add the legal bits for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 10:41
Post #17

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 11:31) *

I agree.

The gist of it is that the signs didn't tell you you have to pay anything, you'd not heard of the ULEZ before so you had no reason to suspect a payment was required. We've not seen any challenges against the ULEZ go to the tribunal before so we don't have anything to reference, but if you have a bash at it and put a draft on here, we'll add the legal bits for you.

did you pay the congestion charge

--------------------

+Quote Post
numb15
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 10:55
Post #18

Member No.: 68,526

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 11:41) *

I agree.

Seems like the user passed through it on a weekend, so they are not liable for the congestion charge as it only operates monday to friday. The ULEZ is 24/7, 365 days a year.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 11:08
Post #19

QUOTE (numb15 @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 11:55) *

I agree.

Seems like the user passed through it on a weekend, so they are not liable for the congestion charge as it only operates monday to friday. The ULEZ is 24/7, 365 days a year.

OK it makes a difference to how the appeal is developed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bashboush
post Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 22:52
Post #20

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 12:08) *
QUOTE (numb15 @ Tue, 9 Jul 2019 - 11:55) *

I agree.

OK it makes a difference to how the appeal is developed

So. We were away for few weeks and when we came back found this through the post:

A letter saying that my appeal has been scheduled to be considered by an adjudicator on 31st Aug 2019

And then another heavy pack( about 40 pages) have the case summary, evidence list the law and the ULEZ campaign with the signage details and guidelines. Which none of them indicate the need to pay. anyway one thing about this pack is sent via the mail with signed for on the envelope!! As I said we were abroad when it was delivered and no one would’ve signed for it!, yet it was put through my mail box as signed for. Is that a problem? Or it is not concerning the appeal but the Royal Mail.
The other thing the last page of the case summary looks like it is misprinted and a lot of info are missing in there and to me it looks like it is the info that inform what is the action. I have no idea what it is suppose to say, as only the first few words of each paragraph is printed and the rest is blank. Then there is the signature.
Do you want me to post everything as I said it is a lot of pages and I not sure if the website will allow me.

Thank you.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here