PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Letter from MIL Collections - Debt Purchased, Letter before actions, Letter before action MIL Collections
abzmanc
post Mon, 26 Sep 2016 - 15:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,941

Hi guys,

I have received two letters from MIL, one of intended sale of Debt from UK Parking Patrol Office limited to MIL and another which is as attached below and is the 'Letter before Action'.

Unfortunately I don't have the first letter to hand as I am away from home on work. Will try and get the missus to send me a photo of it so I can post up here.

Long story short, windscreen PCN was received in the latter half of 2014 in a small car park where the machine was out of order, photo evidence available.

My leasing company informed me I would be receiving a PCN in the post as I intended to challenge however this never came through and instead I got a letter directly from DRP resulting in my appeal being rejected/ignored by UKPPO in an email.

I replied to DRP with a denial of debt letter and some questions to which they never replied, but they persisted with endless letters.

Now I have something from MIL which looks a bit more threatening. I understand Hotel Oscar 87 is the man who knows a thing or two...

Any advice on how to proceed would be most appreciated, I will also be will be trawling through other threads to get some more tips.

Thanks in advance.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 26 Sep 2016 - 15:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 26 Sep 2016 - 16:16
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

Have you found the other MIL Threads?

You must respond to the LBA, but dont expect it to hold off a claim; its just to make sure the court is in your favour.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 26 Sep 2016 - 16:17
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

This thread is probably most relevant.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 05:04
Post #4

Member No.: 13,324

A better one is his original here

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=97144

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 11:16
Post #5

Thanks all, gonna get cracking on this. Have been reading various threads on here about MIL collections.

I believe my first step is to acknowledge the LBA ASAP (first class and proof of postage with a denial of debt, but state that I will consider the matter if additional detail is provided.

I am guessing this response can be fairly brief?

In the meantime I will swot up on recent threads to see how to prepare a solid defence. At what stage does a Part 18 need to be submitted?

PS. FWIF I have noticed a dodgy typo on the LBA, 'Unathourised Parking'...

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 11:32
Post #6

No not that brief. HO87 has a great short response, not far from here. Search for members posts.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 11:33
Post #7

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 12:32) *
No not that brief. HO87 has a great short response, not far from here. Search for members posts.

In my link above - but here.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 13:00
Post #8

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 12:32) *

Sorry didn't literally mean only the text above lol. I have seen the HO87 template so to speak, so will apply that in the first instance.

I notice on HO87's letter it says

I understand that you allege that I am responsible for an unpaid parking charge incurred by the driver of a vehicle <insert registration number>.

On the letter from MIL, it actually makes no ref to an unpaid parking charge... it just states the reference is 'Unathourised Parking' and that they are recovering Sums Due for an account they have purchased. In fact no mention at all of why I owe them anything..

Should I still include the above?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 13:05
Post #9

Well its a charge for unauthorised parking, presumably, so that line isnt incorrect.

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 13:56
Post #10

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 27 Sep 2016 - 14:05) *
Well its a charge for unauthorised parking, presumably, so that line isnt incorrect.

Fair enough if we are working with certain presumptions. I was just being overly pedantic.

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Tue, 11 Oct 2016 - 13:43
Post #11

Hi guys, just following up on this. I have since sent my acknowledgment of LBA though. Not got back anything since. But probably expecting something anytime soon.

What are the next steps I need to do in order to prepare my case? Is there anything I need to compile and send through in advance of receiving anything?

I am just looking for a high level step, and will then search through previous posts to understand the detail and apply to my personal scenario.

Unfortunately the last couple of weeks have been manic for me due to personal reasons.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 11 Oct 2016 - 14:56
Post #12

No, until they file a claim, the ball is entirely in their court

You just need to look into what to do WHEN you receive a form - which is essentially a) go online to acknowledge the claim, immeiatley. Enter nothing into the defence box - NOTHING - and dont contest jurisdiction unless youre outside of england and wales. b) come back here for advice!

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Wed, 12 Oct 2016 - 08:17
Post #13

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 11 Oct 2016 - 15:56) *
No, until they file a claim, the ball is entirely in their court

You just need to look into what to do WHEN you receive a form - which is essentially a) go online to acknowledge the claim, immeiatley. Enter nothing into the defence box - NOTHING - and dont contest jurisdiction unless youre outside of england and wales. b) come back here for advice!

Ok thanks again, will keep browsing other posts to try and get some more info and will keep an eye out for the claim form.

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 09:35
Post #14

FYI for anyone interested I sent my acknowledgment of LBA to MIL end of Sept, but have still not had anything back to date....

Is it normal for them to drag it on this long?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 12:05
Post #15

Not so far. The latest spankings may have hurt them so theyre pausing. Did you give them any form of deadline for THEM to respond?

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Mon, 7 Nov 2016 - 21:21
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 7,833

My guess will be that you will see something in the next few days. MIL tend to issue batches of claims during the first week of the month.

--------------------
“Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tu.rd by the clean end.” - R.J. Wiedemann, Lt. Col. USMC Ret.

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 10:44
Post #17

Still nothing yet..... wonder if they delaying till Xmas to catch people out..

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 11:00
Post #18

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (abzmanc @ Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 10:44) *

Look at other recent MIL cases and construct a claim for damages for £750 for the unlawful use of the details they hold of you.

Also do the same for UKPPO. A double whammy there for you that should result in a couple of cheques for £750 each.

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
abzmanc
post Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 11:13
Post #19

QUOTE (Lynnzer @ Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 11:00) *
QUOTE (abzmanc @ Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 10:44) *

Look at other recent MIL cases and construct a claim for damages for £750 for the unlawful use of the details they hold of you.

Also do the same for UKPPO. A double whammy there for you that should result in a couple of cheques for £750 each.

Oooh interesting... will look into this... Whats the success rate been?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 24 Nov 2016 - 11:37
Post #20

SMart settled, but for around £250, rather than risk court

Google vs Vidal Hall sets out the authority, at a high enough level, that this warrants a £750 claim

BW legal are jointly and severally liable alongside their client.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:37
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here