Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UK Parking Patrol Office - Salford, PCN UK Parking Patrol
titch1644
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 10:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,193

Thanks for great forum
I have a question with regards to a PCN issued.

The Driver parked on this corner with no yellow line in the evening, no illuminated signs.
Just the ones on the wall normally under balconies.
Location Map on Google earth showing Yellow lines on some roads, and non on others.
PCN is showing code 19 which i believe after reading is a residents permit code, however this is claimed to be a no parking area ?

I have been advised by some to not pay as i will not hear anything else from them ?
do i need to write to anyone or do i just file it with photos and wait for any letters ?

thanks for reading

Location Map

This post has been edited by titch1644: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 14:43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 10:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 15 Mar 2018 - 10:12
Post #21

Member No.: 60,457

Yes. Search the forum for the correct email address and the general form of request. The date range is from the day before the alleged transgression and the day after you received the notice.

Confirmation that no requests were made is good.

This post has been edited by ostell: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 - 10:12

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Thu, 15 Mar 2018 - 10:30
Post #22

email sent to dvla. see what happens

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 19:11
Post #23

got a letter back from DVLA
is it me or is this out width the 28days ?
and the letter that came with it says requested on the 21st electronically and they would have got an automated response the following working day which as the 21st was a Sunday they would of got this 22nd or 23rd.
whats my next move ?

[attachment=54373:20180318_185557.jpg]

Attached Image

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 19:18
Post #24

Member No.: 32,130

Where there was a windscreen PCN, UKPC were not allowed to get your data until after day 28, until day 56. They did it right.

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 19:33
Post #25

ok cool must of misread in a hurry
so next step for me is?

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 20:27
Post #26

Member No.: 32,130

Appeal then ignore, as per this thread on MSE:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

If they try a small claim later (within 6 yrs) come back here, There is no contract formed by a sign that outright bans parking.

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 08:50
Post #27

i read that before. So i just email then with that standard letter ? or do i post it to there many addresses ?

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 09:22
Post #28

I was goign to email them on this email with this responce, can someone comment please?

info@parkingpatrol.co.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.
The signs on dsiplay is not offering a parking contract, it merely says "no parking in this road", it can not then assume that a contract is created to allow something that was expressly forbidden.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 14:34
Post #29

Member No.: 15,642

Yes the template is indeed teh template. We dont need to see it. You could have just given a link....

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 14:43
Post #30

i understand that but it thought i needed to add an additional line as comments above were made about it being forboding ?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 15:26
Post #31

SRM didnt say to add anything. Just appeal and ignore anything bar LBA or court claim.

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 18:05
Post #32

ok ill get it sent
thanks

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 13:16
Post #33

Reply received

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your communication regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Please be advised that the time in which to submit a challenge has now expired and access to the Independent Appeals Service is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve the matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable:

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs clearly state: “No Parking On This Road”, see attached.

On 23/01/2018 the vehicle was observed parked where parking is not permitted.

Under Section 10, Right to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.

(1) Subject to subsection (2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-
(a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and
(b) that damage or distress is or would be unwarranted.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply-
(a) in a case where any of the conditions in paragraphs 1 to 4 of Schedule 2 is met, or
(b) in such other cases as may be prescribed by the [F1 Secretary of State] by order.

However, as per the Information Commissioner’s guidelines you have no right to object to the processing of your data if -

• You have consented to the processing;
• The processing is necessary:
in relation to a contract that the individual has entered into; or
because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract;
• The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies to you (other than a contractual obligation); or
• The processing is necessary to protect the individual’s “vital interests”.

We believe that your request falls into the above category.

You suggest that we cannot process your data as you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention and you cannot be held liable for the parking charge as the registered keeper of the vehicle as the Notice to Keeper is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 for several reasons.

I enclose a copy of the Notice to Keeper which does show it is compliant with the above statute.

• The period of parking is clearly referred to.
• The discounted period was stated on the Notice to Driver placed on the vehicle. No discount is required to be given on the Notice to Keeper.
• Access was given to the Independent Appeals Service on the Notice to Driver. Reference is made to this on the Notice to Keeper.

Furthermore, at no stage have you detailed how you believe our actions are likely to cause substantial damage and/or distress.

Therefore, considering the above, we believe we have full authority to process your data and you have no valid reason to object to it.

Kind regards

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 13:24
Post #34

Yawn exactly the response we expected, and dont ever need to see. Seriously, you were told to thn IGNORE so that incldues this....

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 19:59
Post #35

apologies but was curious. if this is standard ill stop posting now. sorry for posting this

This post has been edited by titch1644: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 19:59

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 21 Mar 2018 - 07:50
Post #36

They send out the same templated responses. If youre curoius then searching for other *posts* first is alwasya good idea - you can see that others are indeed in your position, and its nothing to worry about.

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Thu, 19 Apr 2018 - 14:38
Post #37

Latest letter, i presume this is the latest in a veiled threat ?

Attached Image

sorry for image size, might of resized a little too small

just searched DRP
don't panic captain manering

wink.gif

This post has been edited by titch1644: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 - 14:45

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Thu, 19 Apr 2018 - 14:46
Post #38

Member No.: 21,992

Yeah, ignore that.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
hexaflexagon
post Fri, 20 Apr 2018 - 09:00
Post #39

Member No.: 76,816

QUOTE (titch1644 @ Thu, 19 Apr 2018 - 15:38) *
Latest letter, i presume this is the latest in a veiled threat ?

Attached Image

sorry for image size, might of resized a little too small

just searched DRP
don't panic captain manering

wink.gif

You have a choice. Since DRP or any other debt collection agencey only get paid when they recover monies, if you ignore the letter you are almost guaranteed to get at least one more follow up and maybe others. If you're fine with that then do nothing.

OTOH if you want to avoid follow ups, a simple response along the lines,
'Thank you for your letter. The debt is denied please revert to your client and don't trouble me again'
means there's a good chance that follow ups will stop. It allows DRP to stop wasting their time and effort.

+Quote Post
titch1644
post Fri, 25 May 2018 - 14:52
Post #40

just seen this reply
i now have the Zenith letter
is it still worth doing the response you mention below ?
if so do i email them ?

This post has been edited by titch1644: Fri, 25 May 2018 - 19:13

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here