Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN from Parking control management
bobby123
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 15:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,924

Hi everyone I'm back! unfortunately,

A PCN was received from parking charge management on 06/11/17. This was ignored. It was stuck on the windscreen of the car - see photos. They've sent one other reminder PCN between then and now. Another reminder was given two days ago. I was unaware about any of this as my parents did not tell me otherwise I would have appealed. Can we do anything now? They have received NO correspondence from us what so ever, can I still appeal? The letter states I can't because its been more then 28 days.

I've attached further photos for information, if anything else is needed please ask. The photos of the car is what parking charge management have provided as evidence.

Thank you for your help in advance.

P.s. forgot to mention they were visiting family. Not sure if this infos needed

This post has been edited by bobby123: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 15:41
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 15:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 18:49
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

It's the first letter that was received that is required, that will determine if the keeper can be held liable. Can you pist it up please

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 00:12
Post #3

QUOTE (ostell @ Sun, 14 Jan 2018 - 18:49) *
It's the first letter that was received that is required, that will determine if the keeper can be held liable. Can you pist it up please

Hi these are the only two letters we have. The other letter was ripped and binned without it even being read.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 08:19
Post #4

Doesn't help much !!

The second letter makes no mention of Keeper liability under POFA. As such feel free to blog it and writ a BOGOFF letter (search it) saying they did not comply with the requirements of paragraph 8 of POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable. You have no legal requirement to name the driver and will not be doing so. You do not expect to hear from them again.

That sign looks stuck ona building but your car (the blue one ?) is parked on a road. Not exactly apparent that the sign applies to that road. Check with the council about the status of the road ie is it an adopted road. If the ticket was issued at night then how cn you see the sign if it is not illuminated. Were there any markings showing the area as restricted, ie double yellows or hatchings. The place of parking needs to be included. Montague road estate is not definitive enough.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 14:11
Post #5

Member No.: 16,066

+1

Google Maps doesn't find that location.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 15:42
Post #6

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 08:19) *
Doesn't help much !!

The second letter makes no mention of Keeper liability under POFA. As such feel free to blog it and writ a BOGOFF letter (search it) saying they did not comply with the requirements of paragraph 8 of POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable. You have no legal requirement to name the driver and will not be doing so. You do not expect to hear from them again.

That sign looks stuck ona building but your car (the blue one ?) is parked on a road. Not exactly apparent that the sign applies to that road. Check with the council about the status of the road ie is it an adopted road. If the ticket was issued at night then how cn you see the sign if it is not illuminated. Were there any markings showing the area as restricted, ie double yellows or hatchings. The place of parking needs to be included. Montague road estate is not definitive enough.

Hi,

There are no road markings such as double yellows or hatching's. Would it be helpful if I was to go and take more photos for you guys? PCM have included more photos but I did not put it up here. I will give the council a call and see what happens. What does an "adopted road" mean?

Also I agree. How can the sign be seen at night. It is not illuminated.

Doesn't help much !!

I've added more photos in regards to hatchings

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 14:11) *
+1

Google Maps doesn't find that location.

I've added more photos - no hatchings.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 16:03
Post #7

It really would be helpful to see a GSV link. Much can be gleaned from Google Maps.

QUOTE (bobby123 @ Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 15:42) *
What does an "adopted road" mean?

An adopted road is one taken over or adopted by the Local Authority and maintained at public expense.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 05:19
Post #8

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 16:03) *
It really would be helpful to see a GSV link. Much can be gleaned from Google Maps.

QUOTE (bobby123 @ Mon, 15 Jan 2018 - 15:42) *
What does an "adopted road" mean?

An adopted road is one taken over or adopted by the Local Authority and maintained at public expense.

Hi,

The road parked on was

Pentland Close
Edmonton
N9 0XN

Doesn't help much !!

Hey,

See post below for postcode and let me know if it helps. I'll contact council tomorrow. On night shifts at the moment.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 20:14
Post #9

That looks very much like an adopted road. The council will confirm.

If the council confirm adoption, you may like to slip into the conversation that a private company is attempting to enforce parking restrictions!!! Or, maybe save that gem for a bit further down the line!

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 21:18
Post #10

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 20:14) *

If the council confirm adoption, you may like to slip into the conversation that a private company is attempting to enforce parking restrictions!!! Or, maybe save that gem for a bit further down the line!

Thank you. I will call the council (hopefully tomorrow) and ask. If it is, I'm guessing nothing can be enforced via parking control management?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 23:23
Post #11

Member No.: 15,642

Councils can’t outsource in this way.

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:19
Post #12

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 23:23) *
Councils can’t outsource in this way.

Hi,

The council are sending me a map of the private vs non private roads which are colour coded. It's all in hard copy so their having to scan it etc to email me. Some of those roads are private, some are not. The person I spoke to tried to find the owners of the road etc to help but said he wasn't able to.

I've noticed that the address on the PCN is wrong - they haven't specified the actual road name. Just said it's an estate which covers a lot of ground Is this further grounds for appeal?

I will check if the road was private or not and update asap.

Doesn't help much !!

Hi please see the most recent message I have posted.

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Tue, 16 Jan 2018 - 20:14) *

Hi,

please see the most recent message I have posted.

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:35
Post #13

Just received info from council - all those roads are controlled by private companies.

What do I do now? Does anybody know?

This post has been edited by bobby123: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:35

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 20:08
Post #14

Member No.: 32,130

If you missed the appeal window, now ignore the debt collector letters, like everyone here cheerfully does.

Come back if PCM get Gladstones to send a LBCCC - needs a robust reply, as you will see all over here and on MSE parking forum too.

Likely to get a claim anyway, but you are likely to win (unlit signs/unmarked road being very relevant in defence)

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 20:08
Post #15

Bogoff letter. Failure to comply with Para 8. Also, you can now add vague locus.

Draft your letter and post it here for checking.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 03:50
Post #16

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 20:08) *
Bogoff letter. Failure to comply with Para 8. Also, you can now add vague locus.

Draft your letter and post it here for checking.

Hi I'm unaware as to what a BOGOFF letter is. Could you please explain? Also are there any drafts I could follow? Is there anything I need to say in particular?

Thank you for your help

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 07:54
Post #17

QUOTE (bobby123 @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 03:50) *
Hi I'm unaware as to what a BOGOFF letter is. Could you please explain? Also are there any drafts I could follow? Is there anything I need to say in particular?

Why not do a search ?

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 08:26
Post #18

Member No.: 13,324

@ostell

BOGOFF seems to suggest the OP is asking for more tickets. Perhaps you might want to give an alternative link to the one I've provided

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BOGOFF

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 09:38
Post #19

A search in the forum perhaps?

It just shows failure to get out of his own thread and wants to be spoon fed.

+Quote Post
bobby123
post Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 17:02
Post #20

QUOTE (ostell @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 09:38) *
A search in the forum perhaps?

It just shows failure to get out of his own thread and wants to be spoon fed.

Hi that was not my intention. I will do some research before asking questions again.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 02:15
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here