PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN PRIVATE VRN, Greenwich BC being completely unreasonable and lying
DrFoster
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 12:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,262

I need some urgent help as I am being threatened with Greenwich Borough Council (GBC) registering this debt in the County Court if I now do not pay in full this week. Thank you in advance!

Quick Facts

18 March 2017

Used DASH for the first time to register and pay for parking

Issued PCN same date contravention code 04 - PARKED IN A METER BAY WHEN PENALTY TIME IS INDICATED

20 March 2017

I emailed GBC with proof of ; DASH payment within time and date period (see appendix 1 below)

22 June 2017

received a Waive letter from GBC saying on this occasion they were going to waive the PCN

I thought the case was closed.

20 July 2017

A Notice To Owner from GBC which I ignored as I genuinely thought this case was closed and it was a computer generated letter sent in error

1 September 2017

Received a Charge Certificate from GBC saying as I had not paid, or represented myself, in the last 28 days

4 September 2017

I called GBC and explained all the above and asked why this was still being pursued 6 months on even though I had a written letter waiving the PCN. I was told this couldn't be discussed over the phone and to re submit the DASH receipt as proof of payment.

At this stage I realised that I had, in error, entered my original VRN into the DASH system in March 2017 and not my private VRN which I had recently transferred.

I emailed GBC and suggested whether this was the problem.

I received no reply.

27 September 2017

I received a letter from GBC stating:

"Our records show that the PCN was issued on the date shown in the heading of this letter and served by the Civil Enforcement Officer to vehicle registration number VRN ( my private plate). The council received your appeal and a letter was sent to you on 22 June 2017 advising the PCN was correctly issued. Your DASH payment was for VRN (my original plate), your private number plate is not listed on your DASH records; it is your responsibility to provide the correct VRN for what is showing on the vehicle parked"

"The opportunity to make representations against the issue of the PCN has now been. If payment in full of £120 is not received within 14 days of the date of this letter, the charge will be registered as a debt in the County Court etc."

2nd October 2017

I telephoned GBC and questioned why this was still being pursued as;

it was clear that I believed that I had genuinely made payment for parking my car, GBC had not lost any income and the description of the car make, model and colour and registered owner and address match the DASH receipt and DVLA records.

I also questioned in their letter dated 27th September 2017, "a letter was sent to you on 22 June 2017 advising the PCN was correctly issued" THIS IS A LIE. I NEVER RECEIVED THAT LETTER

In response, the GBC representative said they actually sent the wrong letter to me by mistake and to ignore the Waive letter!

4th October 2017

I emailed asking for another copy of the Waive letter they sent me dated 22 June 2017 as I couldn't find my original

5th October 2017

4:19 pm, Parking-NTO <Parking-NTO@royalgreenwich.gov.uk> wrote:

Dear

Thank you for your email below, as the letter is not relevant we are unable to send you a copy.

Yours sinerely
Royal Greenwich Parking Services

So that is where I am. Hope someone can help me smile.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPENDIX 1

parking-challenges@royalgreenwich.gov.uk

Mar 20 at 10:40 AM

Dear ,

We have received the details of your parking ticket challenge and will get back to you in writing as soon as possible. If we accept your reasons, we will cancel the ticket. If we don't, you can either:

- accept the decision and pay the fine (you get 50% off if you pay within 14 days of the date on the reply letter!), or

- appeal again under the formal appeals process. We will automatically send you the formal appeals form if the fine remains unpaid.

FORMAL APPEALS PROCESS

For parking tickets issued after 30 March 2008, the formal process is described in the Traffic Management Act 2004. To view the Act, please follow this link: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2004/ukpga_20040018_en_1

For parking tickets issued before 31 March 2008, the formal process is described in the Road Traffic Act 1991. To view the Act, please follow this link: http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1991/Ukpga_19910040_en_1.htm

Please note: your reference number is the PCN (penalty charge notice) number shown on your parking ticket.

You sent the following information to the Royal Borough of Greenwich on 20/03/2017:

PCN number:
Vehicle registration no.:
Date of ticket: 18/03/2017
Title:
Forename:
Surname:
Email:
Address:
Postcode:
Please tell us why you think the ticket was unfair: I PAID USING DASH : ORDER No 406007e14d5
START 18.03.2017 14:22
EXP 18.03.2017 18:22
COST : £9.80

==========================================
ENQUIRIES

If you have any enquiries, feel free to call, email or write to us at:

Parking Services
Royal Borough of Greenwich
PO Box 22157
London
SE18 6WJ

Tel: 020 8921 4339

Opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.30pm
Friday 9am to 4.30pm

Email: parking-challenges@royalgreenwich.gov.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 12:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 12:47
Post #2

Member No.: 16,671

I'm struggling to focus on anything but this.
QUOTE (DrFoster @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:29) *
20 July 2017

A Notice To Owner from GBC which I ignored

There are ways to discover the papertrail but the problem is, if you do, you have
no way of resetting the matter from where it currently stands.

Hang on.
This is the problem of not SEEING docs. We need EVERYTHING.
What is this? - (not your interpretation)
QUOTE (DrFoster @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:29) *
27 September 2017

I received a letter from GBC stating:

--------------------
17/10/11.

Sme f yu may have nticed I dn't currently have a letter ' ' n my keybard!!!!

S if I appear t be talking mre gibberish than nrmal then that's the answer - the missing 'o' --<<<< Aha, clever eh!? (reserve on-screen keyboard)

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:06
Post #3

Member No.: 21,551

The 'waive' letter please because this is the foundation of your defence at present.

And pl post the letter, do not transpose its contents as you will omit something.

+Quote Post
DrFoster
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:06
Post #4

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the quick reply.

After receiving the Waive letter I thought this matter was closed. Its clear that both VRNs are mine and relate to the same car.

ill try and attach letter

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:10
Post #5

Member No.: 38,559

The waive letter is required...... We all do it but losing possibly critical paperwork is never a good idea and sometimes comes back to bite.

The second error is not answering the NTO..... a copy of the waive letter would have killed it stone dead.

Now you have a council saying sent in error, has no bearing, we will not supply a copy and BTW, the statutory process has escalated to Charge Certificate stage.
Which is spherical objects, any letter the council sends in response to a PCN is relevant and you are entitled to rely on it.

All you can do is find that waive letter, wait for the Order for Recovery, tick the box that says paid in full, and continue the argument with council.

+Quote Post
DrFoster
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:23
Post #6

I cant find the waive letter. The council have it on record but wont send me a copy.

For some reason I cant upload so here is a link:

https://gyazo.com/572ccbd347947ad2b0c57a465fb81270

https://gyazo.com/952d6e830b34e78f2000e1136ee0d221

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 14:42
Post #7

Member No.: 16,671

I can't remember the correct term but there's an application you
can make to get the Council to disclose the case progression history.

You could try a SAR https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

but there's another acronym that might be more appropriate - begins 'C' I think.

--------------------
17/10/11.

Sme f yu may have nticed I dn't currently have a letter ' ' n my keybard!!!!

S if I appear t be talking mre gibberish than nrmal then that's the answer - the missing 'o' --<<<< Aha, clever eh!? (reserve on-screen keyboard)

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 14:56
Post #8

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (DrFoster @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 14:23) *
I cant find the waive letter. The council have it on record but wont send me a copy.

As Neil says there seems to be a way to get them to disclose this.

But what exactly has the council said to you about this letter?

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 15:00

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 15:49
Post #9

Member No.: 38,559

Yup
What has the council put in writing re the waive letter ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 21st February 2018 - 20:52
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.