PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Wife entered my VRN instead of hers at machine, How to dispute
djsky
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 18:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,514

Ok, so I just received a parking eye pcn for my car parked at Stevenage swimming Center last Wednesday.

Basically, she forgot she was in my car, and entered her VRN in the kiosk at the front desk of the swimming Center, as she does every week and gets free parking as a member.

We obviously have no proof of entering the number in, as it’s just a POS touch screen.

How do I go about appealing? Do I appeal on her behalf? Or does she appeal as if I’ve passed the ticket to her?

What are my best words to appeal, and can I ask that they check their records for the VRN actually entered?

Thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Advertisement
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 18:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 18:36
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Read 17.4 here.

Does the reverse of the PCN mention 'Protection of Freedoms Act'?

What has the Swimming Centre said? (They may have the ability to cancel it)

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 18:38

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
djsky
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 20:37
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 19:36) *
Read 17.4 here.

Does the reverse of the PCN mention 'Protection of Freedoms Act'?

What has the Swimming Centre said? (They may have the ability to cancel it)

Yes, it mentions protection of freedoms act on the reverse.

So I guess that means I have to notify them it was my other Half rather than log in a appeal straight away?

She’s going to try ringing the swimming Center tomorrow, as there was no one there at the desk this evening.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 23 Sep 2020 - 20:44
Post #4

No, you don't have to tell them who was driving. But they will have the right to recover the charge from you.

Telling them the 'wrong' VRM was entered should see them offer £20 to settle it.

The centre may be able to cancel it # try there first.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
djsky
post Tue, 6 Oct 2020 - 11:22
Post #5

Ok, so I have not had any joy getting in touch with any human being at the swimming Center.

I appealed, stating that my wife was driving and entered the incorrect VRN.

Parking eye have now replied with a request for further information - IE the driver:

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 16 September 2020 at 21:06, at Stevenage Swimming Centre car park.
We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been referred for further information.
You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the breach of the terms and conditions of the car park, but you have not indicated who was.
You have already been notified that under section 9(2)(b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking charge in full. As we do not know the driver’s name or current postal address, if you were not the driver at the time, you should tell us the full name and the current postal address of the driver.
You are warned that if, after 29 days from the Date of Issue, the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you, the registered keeper. This warning is given to you under paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under schedule 4 of that Act.
Please note, if you have made or wish to make an appeal on behalf of the driver, and you do not provide the full name and current postal address of the driver, ParkingEye will be obliged to deal with the representations made in your name.
ParkingEye have placed this charge on hold for 28 days to enable you to provide the evidence requested. If this information is not provided within 28 days, the appeal may well be rejected and a POPLA code provided.
Alternatively, payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting www.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to ParkingEye Ltd, PO Box 117, Blyth, NE24 9EJ.
06 October 2020
ParkingEye Ltd, PO Box 117, Blyth, NE24 9EJ

If this charge has been paid and you choose to provide further evidence relating to your appeal, please forward this to us for consideration.
Yours faithfully,
ParkingEye Team
ParkingEye Limited, 40 Eaton Avenue Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7NA, Registered in England, Registration No. 5134454

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 6 Oct 2020 - 11:30
Post #6

Member No.: 60,457

You were told not to identify who was driving!

That letter incorrectly quotes POFA 9 (2) (f) about keeper liability, does the original?

They should be handling this under 17.4 of their code of Practise by offering a charge of £20

This post has been edited by ostell: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 - 11:35

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 6 Oct 2020 - 11:34
Post #7

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (ostell @ Tue, 6 Oct 2020 - 12:30) *
You were told not to identify who was driving!

To be fair, he wasn't, he was told he didn't have to.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
djsky
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 17:39
Post #8

How else would I appeal and tell them my wife, who is a member of the swimming club, entered “HER” number plate instead of MINE?

And to be fair, no one told me what to write in the appeal, so don’t be too harsh on me.

What do I do now?

Guess I just tell them she was driving and then do the same appeal all over again?

And more to the fact their letter says that “I have not indicated who was” the driver, but I’m sure my response actually named my wife’s name... ? Why have they even written this?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 17:40
Post #9

It's PE with PoFA paragraph - I wouldn't get stressed about it.

But their reply doesn't seem to say they have the full driver details anyway? Templated response, the irony...

Write back stating the above guidance I posted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djsky
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 17:54
Post #10

Hi, cheers for your help, sorry for being stressed.

Here’s the appeal I sent to them.

My wife, Xxxxx xxxxxxxx, was the driver of my car at the time of this charge.

She is a member of the Stevenage swimming club masters team, therefore is eligible for free parking during her sessions.

She frequents the swimming Center each and every week, albeit normally in her own car.

As she normally does not drive my car, out of habit, she entered her OWN vehicle registration at the entrance to the swimming Center, rather than mine, which I would imagine she does not know off by heart.

Her registration number is XXX XXX and I am sure if you check the validation system, this number would have been entered, and subsequently this vehicle would not have been captured on camera.

I would kindly ask that consideration be given due to this mistake.

Incidentally, she has been attempting to contact the swimming Center in order to resolve this without need for appeal, but it seems that there has been no one available in order to talk to about this.

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXXXXX

So, should I just appeal again, and simply state “a wrong VRM was entered, please handle this according to Your guidance and reduce this fine to £20” ?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:11
Post #11

To name the driver you have to give their actual name and serviceable address to dispose of keeper liability. You can see why they've responded in the way they have.

But, yes - remind them of the guidance. I don't see why the driver has to do this...

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:12

--------------------

+Quote Post
djsky
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:41
Post #12

Are there many husbands and wives that have different addresses? Lol.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:43
Post #13

QUOTE (djsky @ Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 19:41) *
Are there many husbands and wives that have different addresses? Lol.

Possibly but they tend to have names biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:45
Post #14

Member No.: 60,457

QUOTE (djsky @ Wed, 7 Oct 2020 - 18:39) *
How else would I appeal and tell them my wife, who is a member of the swimming club, entered “HER” number plate instead of MINE?

Perhaps " the driver entered their own number in error" ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 23:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here