PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN 21 - out of the country
Upsetresident
post Mon, 1 Jan 2018 - 22:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,745

Hi I’m seeking help. This is the first time I’ve ever received a PCN my whole life and very upset.
Over the Xmas period I was on holidays out of the country 9th Dec 2017 to 1st Jan 2018 and have returned to discover 4 x PCN for reason code 21 “building works suspension” on 14th, 15th, 16th and 18th Dec 2017.
Each fine £130.

My street is a resident permit zone of which I have an annual permit.
I am based at 101 and the suspension sign indicates outside 79-81 from 13th Dec 2017 to 23 February 2018.
I parked my car partially in front of 81-83 on Saturday 9th December and did not see any suspension advance sign.
I then flew out of the country and only returned today 1st January to discover the 4x parking fines which prompted me to search the street to understand why. Further along the street away from my house I noticed the sign. I do not walk that end of the street given I live at 101 and I checked there was no other notice sign along the rest of the road.
I do not recall the suspension notice being up on the 9th Dec.

What is my right to challenge to seek this PCN to be cancelled :

1) having parked legally as a permit holder well before the suspension period activated on 13th Dec.
2) the suspension sign is further down the road and no way I would have been aware of it
3) no advance notice given otherwise - I did not see the notice when I parked on the 9th before I left on holidays
4) As a reasonable person had I been in the country and received the first PCN I would have moved my car to avoid receiving the other 3 - can they charge me multiple times for the same offence given it is impossible that I could have been made aware?
5) I am the registered owner and have no friends or family that could check or move my car during the 2-3weeks whilst I was away out of the country. This time frame is normal for a reasonable person to holiday over Xmas and park legally in their street as a permit holder.

Please help as this is so upsetting and has been a horrible return from my holiday to receive 4x PCNs, especially if I had been aware I wouldn’t have parked there!!!

I am now beyond the 14 day window and subject to the full amounts but feel this is worth challenging especially the multiple fines for the same parking when I was out of the country.

Any ideas please
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 30)
Advertisement
post Mon, 1 Jan 2018 - 22:30
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Upsetresident
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 13:46
Post #21

Attached NTO for PCN issued on 13th Dec which I did not receive the initial notice on my car physically.
Do I challenge via Camden Council site or follow the NTO instructions?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 13 Jan 2018 - 17:35
Post #22

Member No.: 74,048

You must respond to the NTO by making representations

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Upsetresident
post Sun, 21 Jan 2018 - 21:23
Post #23

Hi I am awaiting a formal reply to my challenges submitted on 2nd Jan 2018.
I received an NTO for the PCN issued on the 15th Dec 2017 even though I haven’t received any rejection. Is this normal?
I have the email confirmation of my challenge submission and haven’t received any other responses to the challenges since 2nd Jan.

Camden state they respond within 10 working days to challenges which they have not.

What action should I be taking? And should they have issued an NTO without replying to my challenge?

+Quote Post
Mr Mustard
post Sun, 21 Jan 2018 - 23:08
Post #24

Member No.: 59,932

Make the same representations again

--------------------
All advice given by me on PePiPoo is on a pro bono basis (i.e. free). PePiPoo relies on Donations so do donate if you can. Sometimes I will, in addition, personally offer to represent you at London Tribunals (i.e. within greater London only) & if you wish me to I will ask you to make a voluntary donation, if the Appeal is won, directly to the North London Hospice.

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 00:06
Post #25

Member No.: 54,455

Always respond to a Notice to Owner - appeal or pay, (but paying is pointless as adjudication costs nothing extra)

+Quote Post
Upsetresident
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 07:50
Post #26

The NTO either asks to fill in the form and post OR go to the PCN challenge page on the Camden website which I already did which I’m awaiting a response. So I should fill in the PCN challenge again? In case they have missed it even though I have confirmation of submitting my challenge.

+Quote Post
Mr Mustard
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 08:08
Post #27

Member No.: 59,932

Read the PCN. It says you must challenge a Notice to Owner notwithstanding any earlier challenge so just do it. The same as before.

--------------------
All advice given by me on PePiPoo is on a pro bono basis (i.e. free). PePiPoo relies on Donations so do donate if you can. Sometimes I will, in addition, personally offer to represent you at London Tribunals (i.e. within greater London only) & if you wish me to I will ask you to make a voluntary donation, if the Appeal is won, directly to the North London Hospice.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 09:33
Post #28

Member No.: 59,924

If you don't make a formal rep to the NTO you're in for a bag of hurt in the form of an unappealable charge certificate and then order for debt recovery.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 09:34

+Quote Post
Upsetresident
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 09:38
Post #29

I just logged in to the Camden site to submit another PCN challenge but when I entered CU49623032 it says “The PCN has been cancelled and therefore can no longer be challenged”. Yet I have an NTO dated 17 January 2018. I’m confused. Is the PCN cancelled or do I need to submit a challenge to the NTO another way?

When I look up the 4x PCNs I challenged on the 2nd January all say cancelled. Why have I received 1x NTO?

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 09:43
Post #30

Member No.: 59,924

This sounds like good news - I would call them and go through all the PCN numbers especially the one on the NTO and confirm status.

+Quote Post
Upsetresident
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 10:55
Post #31

Good news - the NTO was sent in error.
The council rep advised out of “good will” they cancelled my 4 subsequent PCNs but kept the first PCN in place as they claim posting the suspension notice at 10.30pm the night before was sufficient time for me to know about the suspension even though I’d flown out that day.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 06:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here