Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking charge from Wing parking - Now debt recovery
Soadfan1
post Tue, 2 Jun 2020 - 21:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,867

Hi guys.

A few months ago I had a Parking charge notice put on my vehicle in Islington by 'Wing Parking', for not displaying a valid permit.

Because of all that was going on I completely forgot to follow all the appeals procedures and did not go through to POPLA at stage 3.

I also have admitted to being the driver, because initially someone was going to pay for it as it was to do with them as to why I was held up.

Its one of those that looks as though itsa from the council, but isnt as they are still a private company.

Anyhow after 3 and a bit months I have received the ZZPS debt recovery letter.

Just checking in here to see what the vibe is on Wing parking, are they litigious, and is the current situation making it unlikely any cases would go to court anyway?

Regards,

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Advertisement
post Tue, 2 Jun 2020 - 21:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 3 Jun 2020 - 10:35
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Wing had 3 court hearings in the whole of 2019.

But they do have 6 years to pursue...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 3 Jun 2020 - 11:12
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

So perhaps a bit more about the matter. Is it residential parking, what do the signs say?

+Quote Post
Soadfan1
post Wed, 3 Jun 2020 - 22:20
Post #4

Sorry yes, is it residential.

I wasnt going to elaborate with the sob story too much as I know its proverbially into the wind when it comes to these cases, but I had parked against a wall, not in a bay to drop my nan of 88 off after a hospital appointment. She struggles to move about and I had to help her in and set down. By the time I had gotten back to the car about 30 minutes later I had a ticket. Literally must have been just sitting there waiting. I could not park anywhere else as it would have been too far for her to walk and she does not own a badge as she had never driven.

It seems I can longer access the pictures from their website as the case is now in the hands of the debt recovery people.

I was wondering if me parking in a random spot that wasn't actually in a recognised bay was any defence, I had parked beside a wall the other side of the bays.

Those 3 cases wing took to court, was there anything specific about them?

Thanks

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 4 Jun 2020 - 10:04
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

So how about a picture of the signs?

There is case law where a judge says it would make it impossible for flat life if stopping to unload was made impossible.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 4 Jun 2020 - 10:34
Post #6

Member No.: 15,642

No, we dont know the details. Just from public records. Certainly i dont recall them being on here.

Ignore ZZPS. Theyre wastes of space. Utterly. Zero power
Just ignore unless you get a letter before claim or a claim form from teh court.

Not being in a bay may not help, as you might find a condition is to only park IN A bay. However you were NOT parked. You were engaged in assisted boarding / alighting and took no more time than was necessary to do so. This is not parking and never has been - see council parking ticket forum for this. You would never class it as parking, its a drop off (alighting) of a vulnerbale person who needed more time than most. Its a usual function of communal spaces in a residential area, no different to a tax , and the APPEAL court case Jopson V Homeguard makes it *very* clear that to claim people cannot drop off, or get goods delivered, is a nonsense and would make life intolerable.

+Quote Post
Soadfan1
post Sun, 14 Jun 2020 - 21:58
Post #7

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Thu, 4 Jun 2020 - 11:34) *
No, we dont know the details. Just from public records. Certainly i dont recall them being on here.

Ignore ZZPS. Theyre wastes of space. Utterly. Zero power
Just ignore unless you get a letter before claim or a claim form from teh court.

Not being in a bay may not help, as you might find a condition is to only park IN A bay. However you were NOT parked. You were engaged in assisted boarding / alighting and took no more time than was necessary to do so. This is not parking and never has been - see council parking ticket forum for this. You would never class it as parking, its a drop off (alighting) of a vulnerbale person who needed more time than most. Its a usual function of communal spaces in a residential area, no different to a tax , and the APPEAL court case Jopson V Homeguard makes it *very* clear that to claim people cannot drop off, or get goods delivered, is a nonsense and would make life intolerable.

Thank you for this.

I am going there on a regular basis as of next week so I can take a picture of the signage then.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
hcandersen
post Mon, 15 Jun 2020 - 08:16
Post #8

Member No.: 21,551

Why? That's not acting reasonably. If the OP has a clear defence, then IMO they should put this to the creditor at the earliest opportunity. The fact that they missed the chance to put the matter to POPLA - for all the good that would have done - is not this issue.

1. Did something occur which gave rise to a legitimate claim from the PPC?
2. Has the person liable been established and notified as required under by law?
3. Has the PPC established the legal right to pursue that person for the debt?

That's it. The 'parking' bit in a nutshell. Normally all over in a couple of months. The rest of these interminable processes are the means by which most PPCs seek to recover the debt(sorry, unlawfully surcharged debt) without recourse to the courts. Normally takes months and months and months...

You letter falls into the months and months and months bit.

But you should row back and see whether points 1-3 have occurred.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 15 Jun 2020 - 11:04
Post #9

Its WING. Theres almost no point to bothering with them.
There is no debt here, the vehicle was not parked.

+Quote Post
Soadfan1
post Sun, 21 Jun 2020 - 22:35
Post #10

Received a letter from QDR solicitors now.

After ZZPS, I actually start wondering if these debt collection firms just type in random letters when making their company names.

I mean what can ZZPS actually even stand for laugh.gif

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 22 Jun 2020 - 11:11
Post #11

Does it constitute a letter before claim?

+Quote Post
Soadfan1
post Tue, 23 Jun 2020 - 13:25
Post #12

No, it just states that if debt is not paid they may recocmmend our client pass this on to our litigations department etc etc.

No where does it say letter before court.

Isa it worth me ringing them to state what you or the other guy stated regarding me not being actually parked but dropping off a vulnerable person coming back from hospital, so I cannot be held liable to overstaying the grace period.
They have the hospital times and appt as evidence that she was due in hospital on that day and prior to that time, and that I now consider this matter resolved?

Thanks

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 23 Jun 2020 - 15:23
Post #13

Member No.: 317

NEVER, EVER, AND I MEAN NEVER EVER, ring, anything you do in writing so there is a record and you can’t get tricked into giving away information.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 24 Jun 2020 - 07:48
Post #14

No, you do not ring. As above
Ignore debt collector garbage.

+Quote Post
Soadfan1
post Sun, 12 Jul 2020 - 11:51
Post #15

Second QDR debt recovery letter, but not a LBC.

Is there a point at which I contact anyone by writing or otherwise to put forward that case regarding flat living being impossible if dropping off is not allowed.

They claimed the grace period was 15 minutes, but this was not long enough to get my grandmother in and settled as she is extremely frail and has barely any lung capacity so stops every few feet.

I needed about 30 minutes in total.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 01:58
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here