Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ParkingEye Parking charge notice in service station
alpacamad
post Mon, 4 Nov 2013 - 19:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,471

Advice please.

I have received a PCN from ParkingEye for exceeding the 2 hour free parking allowance. It has 2 photos of the car on entry and exit to the car park. It is for £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

The driver did not see any signs on entering the car park or ticket machines etc as they had no idea it would be a car park that needed a ticket purchased. The driver was in a hurry to meet people and on slowing down from the motorway they completely missed any signs, and it looked like a free carpark.

There was no knowledge that the car park required a paid ticket after 2 hours and the driver would gladly have purchased one. The website states that the cost of parking after 2 hours is £10, and would be happy to pay this to the landowner. From the research on the forum threads, can I consider the PCN excessive for the landowner to compensate for their lost revenue?

Should I appeal and then ignore as suggested in other threads? Do you have a template letter for an appeal or advise on what points to appeal under?

Many thanks

This post has been edited by alpacamad: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 - 23:48
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 14:09
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here