Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MET Parking Ticket
Tripledrop
post Tue, 29 Oct 2019 - 22:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,771

Hi all,

The hirer/keeper in question below received a parking ticket from MET Parking Services, for overstaying the 90 mins allowed at a McDonald's car park. First action was to email McDonald's, but they weren't interested.

The hirer/keeper is a little confused over how to deal with this one.. The car is leased via VWFS, and they initially wrote to the hirer/keeper about the ticket, advising that legislation has changed recently, and if they chose to ignore the notice, and MET contacted them again, they'd pay the ticket and invoice the hirer/keeper.

I've attached the original notice to VWFS ("Original Notice"), the letter from VFWS to the hirer/keeper ("VWFS Letter 1") and the letter since received from MET ("MET Letter 1").

The hirer/keeper was away so only just got the letter, so only 2 days left of their 14-day offer.

If the hirer/keeper has to pay, then they will, but really feel aggrieved as they were in the "restaurant" the whole time and didn't leave.. And only just over the time (they didn't see the sign or they wouldn't have stayed that long - although they weren't specifically looking for one).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

[/u<a href="https://s44.photobucket.com/user/Tripledrop0/media/MET%20Letter%201%20-%20part%201_zpsbosurzqy.jpg.html" target="_blank">

[URL=https://s44.photobucket.com/user/Tripledrop0/media/MET%20Letter%202%20-%20part%201_zps1szuwqtc.jpg.html]</a>

This post has been edited by Tripledrop: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 17:21
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Tue, 29 Oct 2019 - 22:24
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 08:54
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ......." etc. You may also like to take down those notices and repost after deleting the PCN number

With that notice to hirer from Met did you receive copies of the rental agreement and a copy of the original PCN sent to Audi, ignoring those forwarded to you by audi? If not then instant POFA fail. Difficult to see which letter is titled with. I have a potted response for this if you confirm.

The notice to hirer appears to be incorrect and therefore unable to hold the hirer liable.

You may want to speak to Audi as they are talking about offences, penalties and authorities, none of which applies here. It is a speculative invoice from a private company. If they have charged for issue then get out the contract and see if it allows for charging for for invoices. It may just mention penalties etc.

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 12:08
Post #3

QUOTE (ostell @ Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 08:54) *
Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ......." etc. You may also like to take down those notices and repost after deleting the PCN number

With that notice to hirer from Met did you receive copies of the rental agreement and a copy of the original PCN sent to Audi, ignoring those forwarded to you by audi? If not then instant POFA fail. Difficult to see which letter is titled with. I have a potted response for this if you confirm.

The notice to hirer appears to be incorrect and therefore unable to hold the hirer liable.

You may want to speak to Audi as they are talking about offences, penalties and authorities, none of which applies here. It is a speculative invoice from a private company. If they have charged for issue then get out the contract and see if it allows for charging for for invoices. It may just mention penalties etc.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. I have edited the pics and text as you've sensibly suggested smile.gif

I have attached everything the hirer/keeper received, except for a pre-written third-party authorisation letter from VWFS that they advised to send with any appeal so MET can discuss with the hirer/keeper directly.

The Notice to hirer letter was sent on it's own, just the back and front scans attached in the first post. VWFS emailed the original letter that was sent to them (in original post), along with the third party authorisation letter (attached for reference below), and their letter to the hirer/keeper (in original post).

If this can't get removed with MET, the hirer/keeper will 100% will speak to Audi (or should they do that anyway?)

Thanks again for your help

This post has been edited by Tripledrop: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 15:34

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 12:59
Post #4

No, edit again the hirer/keeper is appealing and writing and received the noti. The keeper/hirer does everything from now on in. This is very important.

So, as that Notice to hirer contained no enclosures:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

As they have given you 28 days to appeal then appeal after day 21 from the date of the hirer letter so that they cannot issue a corrected Notice to Hirer within the relevant period of 21 days.

Look at paragraph 14 of POFA

You will note that your Notice to Hirer has missed some of the details required by POFA.

Send first class with free certificate of posting from a post office.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 13:56
Post #5

Member No.: 15,642

Also, wow Audi arent clever. It isnt a Penalty Charge Notice...

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 14:24
Post #6

Edit post #3 to remove any references to the driver !! Or how to drag failure out of the jaws of victory. How can the driver receive anything?

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 16:00
Post #7

Thank you once again for your replies and advice, really appreciate it!

I think I've edited as you've said - hopefully haven't missed any!

I will wait until 21 days, and send the appeal by letter as you suggest, fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Is there anything else I need to do, or does that cover everything?

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Thu, 28 Nov 2019 - 16:45
Post #8

I did send the letter, and they signed for it on Nov 14th.. Should I be worried or happy I haven't heard anything since?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 28 Nov 2019 - 16:58
Post #9

Member No.: 49,223

Probably gnashing their teeth that the Xmas meal fund isn't growing.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Mon, 9 Dec 2019 - 10:00
Post #10

I received a (not dated) letter last week, just confirming they'd received my correspondence and passed to the relevant department. Nothing else.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 9 Dec 2019 - 11:21
Post #11

Member No.: 317

The BPA code of practice gives them 35 days to respond to an appeal.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Thu, 19 Dec 2019 - 11:42
Post #12

The keeper today received another letter from MET advising simply:

"Thank you for your correspondence we will now revert to the registered keeper and seek redress from them and leave it for them to decide how they wish to recover the cost."

Is this something VW would just pay and chase the keeper for? As I mentioned in my initial post:

"The car is leased via VWFS, and they initially wrote to the hirer/keeper about the ticket, advising that legislation has changed recently, and if they chose to ignore the notice, and MET contacted them again, they'd pay the ticket and invoice the hirer/keeper."

Any advice would be appreciated!

This post has been edited by Tripledrop: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 - 11:43

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Sat, 21 Dec 2019 - 16:29
Post #13

I don't suppose anyone could offer any advice please? smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 21 Dec 2019 - 17:35
Post #14

Member No.: 317

If you made it clear that you were appealing as keeper they should not be going back to the registered keeper who they have no valid claim against.

I’d be complaining to the BPA.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Sun, 22 Dec 2019 - 18:04
Post #15

I sent them the letter template that is about 10 posts up.. I'm worried based on the initial email from vwfs (in my original post) says that if they are asked to pay, they would do, and then I'd owe them..

Should I contact vwfs myself?

+Quote Post
steve15640
post Fri, 7 Feb 2020 - 15:39
Post #16

Member No.: 107,769

Hi, I'm in the same situation as you with VWFS and MET Parking, have you got any updates on if this reply worked and did VW charge you ?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 7 Feb 2020 - 17:12
Post #17

If you want help start your own thread, as per the rules, and don't hijack someone elses. Post up the redacted PCN

+Quote Post
steve15640
post Fri, 7 Feb 2020 - 18:20
Post #18

Member No.: 107,769

Yes, I did after Thanks

+Quote Post
Tripledrop
post Thu, 13 Feb 2020 - 21:43
Post #19

QUOTE (ostell @ Wed, 30 Oct 2019 - 12:59) *
No, edit again the hirer/keeper is appealing and writing and received the noti. The keeper/hirer does everything from now on in. This is very important.

So, as that Notice to hirer contained no enclosures:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

As they have given you 28 days to appeal then appeal after day 21 from the date of the hirer letter so that they cannot issue a corrected Notice to Hirer within the relevant period of 21 days.

Look at paragraph 14 of POFA

You will note that your Notice to Hirer has missed some of the details required by POFA.

Send first class with free certificate of posting from a post office.

Hey, the keeper sent the letter and got the response as per my posts above.. However, the keeper has now received the attached 2 letters chasing payment. Any ideas how to handle this please? The keeper did say they shouldn't contact again except to confirm the ticket was cancelled.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 14 Feb 2020 - 09:39
Post #20

Member No.: 15,642

Well shockingly enough they didnt listen and decided to send letters anyway. Who'd have thought the parasites would do that?!

What happened to the POPLA code you should have had once they rejected your appeal?
Dont just quote people, unless youre directly responding to it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 06:58
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here