Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Code 01 Nottingham City Council, Double lines
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 13:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,774

Hi,

I've received a ticket from NCC couple days ago, code 01. Unfortunately I couldn't do proper photos on a "crime scene" on a very same day, it was over 8pm, dark as hell, just done photo with my cell rubbish camera.

Whole gallery. including ticket:

http://img39.imageshack.us/g/dsc0005ph.jpg/

So the very first photo has been done by mobile and it just shows where my rear wheels were at this time.on second photo(done next day) I've draw lines which shows approx where my rear wheels were. Rest has been take next day.

On the day when I've received ticket there was a car in front of me parked behind this "massive skip bin", I thought, well it's already 19:20, noone will bother as I've seen cars parked there on double line everyday at this time(I park there at least 4 times a week). Because of this massive bin(don't know how to call it) I couldn't park properly.

Funny thing is that I've met these 2 lads from NSL service(it's a private company hired by council not a council) who gave me a ticket, I've been told that HALF of my car was outside of the box so they could issue a ticket..Was is half? Maybe.. don't think so.

Can I still challange it?

This post has been edited by mystic: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 13:35
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Advertisement
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 13:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:05
Post #2

Please help lads ;/

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:10
Post #3

Group: Closed
Member No.: 40,442

Need the whole PCN.

--------------------
The Patas Monkey has a remarkably high reproductive rate, perhaps as an evolutionary response to the high adult mortality rates associated with this strongly terrestrial lifestyle.

+Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:11
Post #4

QUOTE (Scaramouche @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:10) *
Need the whole PCN.

Do you mean ticket? last photo in the gallery

This post has been edited by mystic: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:13

+Quote Post
dave-o
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:12
Post #5

Member No.: 16,454

Are you the silver car?

Need the whole PCN.

He means we need the other side too.

This post has been edited by dave-o: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:14

--------------------
Dave-o 3-0 LB Waltham Forest.
Goalscorers: B. Alighting 08', G. Fettered 34', I. Markings 42'

Dave-o 2-0 LB Islington
Goalscorers: V. Locus 82', I. Dates, 87'

Dave-o 1-0 LB Redbridge
Goalscorer: I. Markings 79'

Dave-o 1-0 LB sCamden
Goalscorer: I. Dates, 86'

Dave-o 1-0 LB Hammersmith & Fulham
Goalscorer: T. Signage, 19'

+Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:19
Post #6

QUOTE (dave-o @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:12) *
Are you the silver car?

Yes, I've got ford focus silver(showed ONLY on the first photo) and look at the gallery, first photo has been done on the day when I've received ticket...rest of the photos has been done next day with random silver citroen.

QUOTE (dave-o @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:12) *
Are you the silver car?

Need the whole PCN.

He means we need the other side too.

other side

http://img151.imageshack.us/i/img002hs.jpg/

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:20
Post #7

Member No.: 38,559

And much as I disike the sheriff's men.... your first pic once enlarged does show the whole of your wheel well over the bay markings, so well onto DYLs.
Whcih means challenges are probably going to have to be technical.

Lets see the backof the PCN

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:21
Post #8

Their policies on their website are highly suspect: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2983

The vehicle was stolen at the time of the offence (documentary proof from the police will be required)

and seem to allow only one informal challenge. I know this is looking into the future, but with this bunch, you can always tell what they are planning in the future. Isn't that right, Dad? Are you listening, Sheriff drones? cool.gif

3 (2) (b) Dad?

This post has been edited by Scaramouche: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:28

--------------------
The Patas Monkey has a remarkably high reproductive rate, perhaps as an evolutionary response to the high adult mortality rates associated with this strongly terrestrial lifestyle.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:32
Post #9

And they do not state what they must
3(2)b will be considered nor the time to make informal challenges.

And as they specifically point to the website on the PCN they really ought to be aware of the requirments of the appeals regs 4(5) when it comes to publishing anything not authorised or allowed by the regs.

Looking like we can certainly make the backroom boys work for an informal rejection.

Bogsy, have you got anything on the sheriff's men's uniform...especially as they are NSL.

OP....did you note any details of the uniform these guys were wearing.
Obviously NSL but what about Nottingham? or anything showing they were engaged in Parking Enforcement?

+Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:38
Post #10

obviously they were looking like imbeciles..just standard uniform, yellow reflective jacket and funny hat, it was quite dark but probably they wore some badges. they've seen me doing photos, I could ask them to pose for me for a second biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:40
Post #11

Thanks, Dad. As I thought. OP, for your information:

The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/34...gulation/3/made

Scope of Part 2 and duty to notify rights to make representations and to appeal

3.—(1) Regulations 4 to 7 have effect where a penalty charge which has become payable under the General Regulations has not been paid and either—

(a)a penalty charge notice has been served by a civil enforcement officer under regulation 9 of the General Regulations, and a notice to owner served by the enforcement authority under regulation 19 of those Regulations; or

(b)a penalty charge notice has been served under regulation 10 of the General Regulations.

(2) A penalty charge notice served under regulation 9 of the General Regulations must, in addition to the matters required to be included in it under paragraph 1 of the Schedule to the General Regulations, include the following information—

(a)that a person on whom a notice to owner is served will be entitled to make representations to the enforcement authority against the penalty charge and may appeal to an adjudicator if those representations are rejected; and

(b)that, if representations against the penalty charge are received at such address as may be specified for the purpose before a notice to owner is served—

(i)those representations will be considered;

QUOTE (mystic @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:38) *
obviously they were looking like imbeciles..just standard uniform, yellow reflective jacket and funny hat, it was quite dark but probably they wore some badges. they've seen me doing photos, I could ask them to pose for me for a second biggrin.gif

Should have photographed them as they have to be in proper uniform.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:40
Post #12

Tis B and B(i) that are relevant. :-))

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:41
Post #13

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:40) *
Tis B and B(i) that are relevant. :-))

You beed me to it. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:45
Post #14

there is a big chance I will see them today, when I'm going to the gym and park in this location between 18-19 i see them quite often, at least once a week.

shall i just ask them to pose for a photo? well they're not a private people in this moment(on duty)are they?

This post has been edited by mystic: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:46

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:51
Post #15

QUOTE (mystic @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:45) *
there is a big chance I will see them today, when I'm going to the gym and park in this location between 18-19 i see them quite often, at least once a week.

shall i just ask them to pose for a photo? well they're not a private people in this moment(on duty)are they?

No law against taking pictures of them while on duty. Only do it if they aren't properly in uniform.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:53
Post #16

QUOTE (mystic @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:45) *

If you can...there is a purpose to this.
There are no laws against taking photos of anyone on public property BTW and if they insist otherwise or (as has happened) call the old bill, refuse to delete photos and demand to speak to a senior officer..... be polite but firm...there are laws against behavior liable to etc.

But you also may want to get them to pose...spin a yarn about doing a photojournal of the fair city and capturing people at work.

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:55
Post #17

If they do call the Police, quote this: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/sh...p;postcount=394

If a policeperson does behave against this, then it is press time and complaints. ninja.gif

This post has been edited by Scaramouche: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:58

--------------------

+Quote Post
mystic
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 15:05
Post #18

I love your attitude.

+Quote Post
Scaramouche
post Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 15:24
Post #19

QUOTE (mystic @ Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 15:05) *
I love your attitude.

Glad someone does! wink.gif How dee, Sheriff? wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Scaramouche: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 - 15:25

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 11:02
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here