PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Coming off M11 and onto A11, Mobile Camera on side of road ??
USAFE
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 04:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,049

Yesterday, driving on long stretch of A11 (north) just come off M11 pitch black only one on road, suddenly flash behind me. Does anyone know of a camera that is not shown on any map, being there, and is there any equipment that can detect you in the pitch black? Just curious,Not sure what county was, in Essex, possibly Cambs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 04:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Pete D
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 10:42
Post #2

Member No.: 11,456

How many flashes 1, 2 or 3, any markings on the road. Pete D

+Quote Post
USAFE
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 13:34
Post #3

Hi Pete D, one flash, I do not remember seeing any marking in the road. Friend says possibly driver on other side turning his Hi beams on as I went by?

QUOTE (Pete D @ Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 11:42) *
How many flashes 1, 2 or 3, any markings on the road. Pete D

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 13:50
Post #4

Member No.: 5,183

Mobile cameras do not flash as rule, unless it was a mobile GATSO.

+Quote Post
USAFE
post Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 19:14
Post #5

And that is what I was afraid you would say. Would it be manned?

+Quote Post
Pete D
post Sat, 27 Sep 2008 - 07:08
Post #6

Gatso's flash twice Truvelo's flash once. Pete D

+Quote Post
USAFE
post Sat, 27 Sep 2008 - 07:40
Post #7

The most annoying thing about this whole episode was we were passed by an SUV with a trailer and a sports car on it. doing about 70-75 and he passed like a bat out of hell. He was weaving all over the road and he actually scared us because I thought that bloody car was coming off the trailer and would end up hitting our car further down the road. It was a long straight and dark, a decision to pass him and create as much distance as possible before getting to the A14, where there were 3 lanes. pulled back onto in side and once out of site of the SUV was when the flash occurred. difficult decision to make and it was possibly the wrong one. He passed again when slowed down but by then we were on the A14 and there were three lanes, so more room for maneuver.

This post has been edited by USAFE: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 - 09:15

+Quote Post
Pete D
post Sat, 27 Sep 2008 - 14:12
Post #8

Fight it on what grounds. Pete D

+Quote Post
Dr Science
post Sat, 27 Sep 2008 - 18:38
Post #9

Member No.: 8,288

QUOTE (USAFE @ Fri, 26 Sep 2008 - 20:14) *
And that is what I was afraid you would say. Would it be manned?

Any mobile camera would be manned. I don't think that there is any force other than Northumbria currently operating mobile GATSOs.

GATSO in fixed mode will flash twice and only at receding traffic. Fixed GATSOs with a dummy unit in them will flash only once, and will flash at traffic going in either direction.

GATSO in attended actively operated mobile mode can be used with only one flash, instead of the usual two, but I've not heard of it being used in this way, possibly to avoid embarrassment if they then put that GATSO into a fixed post and forget to set it back to two flashes.

Truvelo will flash only once, but is not available as a mobile version - at least not in the UK.

Ditto for Redspeed I think.

So if there is no fixed-post camera at that location, then what you saw was probably not a speed camera flash.

Dr.S

--------------------

Dr.S
Telephone calls may be recorded for the purpose of detection and prevention of crime.
I am an engineer/physicist, not a lawyer. My answers are based on The Laws 'O Physics (which ya' can 'ne change, Cap'n).
The law of the land is a much more slippery and changeable thing.

"The only way to deal with bureaucrats is with stealth and sudden violence" - Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Secretary General of the United Nations
NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

+Quote Post
USAFE
post Sun, 28 Sep 2008 - 04:26
Post #10

the lunatic in the SUV was all over the road. Needless to say, wife is not happy. and indirectly blames the SUV driver. There is never a policeman around when you need them.

This post has been edited by USAFE: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 - 09:17

+Quote Post
USAFE
post Sun, 28 Sep 2008 - 09:24
Post #11

Dr S, Pete D, thanks,"So if there is no fixed-post camera at that location, then what you saw was probably not a speed camera flash" I hope so too. My wife has been driving for 30 years and never even had a parking ticket, let alone a speeding fine. The courts won't give a crap about that. Will be asking for more advice if a NIP shows up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 08:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here