PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ParkingEye terminals not showing how much to pay, ParkingEye
macgd016
post Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 17:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,678

I am new here and hope that this has not been covered before, I have searched but have not found anything.

The RK have just been sent a PCN by ParkingEye

The driver has been visiting their mother in law daily at a Bristol hospital that PE have recently taken over. The driver has paid each time they have parked there but the payment terminals are less than intuitive. The car park uses a ANPR system but when you go to the payment terminal to pay and enter your reg number you are not told how much you need to pay. There is a helpful sign showing how much should be paid for an hour, 2 hours etc but the terminal does not tell you what you need to pay.

The driver has been visiting more than a week and sometimes has paid by cash and at others by card, the PCN that has been received shows that the driver was in the car park for 1 hour 27 mins but no mention that a parking charge had been paid. As it happens the driver paid for an hour rather than the 2 hours that they should have paid but as they had not noticed what time they arrived and had to guess how long they had been parked. The driver has also found that if you choose the Card option the amount you have to pay is shown so it does look as if the terminals are either faulty of programmed to trap people into penalty charges.

Any how my question is how should the driver fight this, is it acceptable that the payment terminal does not show the parking charge, is it reasonable to expect people to know how long they have been parked there? The driver has already written to the PAL's team at the hospital but dosent hold out much hope that they will wish to get involved and the driver is vey concerned that they may have further £100 PCN on their way to me...........HELP!!!

This post has been edited by macgd016: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 11:25
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 17:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 18:45
Post #2

Member No.: 317

First step is to get onto the Patient Advisory and Liaison Service at the hospital and remind them on the government guidance on car parking and penalties and ask them that they cancel it in line with the guidance.

Yes the ‘guess how much you owe’scam is well known, great way of generating tickets, wonder why they do that.......

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 18:54
Post #3

Member No.: 16,066

EDIT you post NOW to avoid identifying the driver. Refer only to 'the driver.' This is CRUCIAL.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 23:10
Post #4

Member No.: 32,130

Report them to Trading Standards, this bit is interesting and shows the system has the capacity to calculate the time on site:

I have also found that if you choose the Card option the amount you have to pay is shown so it does look as if the terminals are either faulty of programmed to trap people into penalty charges.

The machines are not 'faulty'. Some companies exist merely to take money from people, and this is an easy way to do just that.

+Quote Post
macgd016
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 08:20
Post #5

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 19:45) *
First step is to get onto the Patient Advisory and Liaison Service at the hospital and remind them on the government guidance on car parking and penalties and ask them that they cancel it in line with the guidance.

Thanks for this tip, I've searched for this guidance but cant find anything that seems to be relevant, could you please point me in the right direction?

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 08:23
Post #6

Member No.: 52,178

Also contact the Chief Executive at the Trust and lambaste them about allowing such a deliberately misleading system to be put in. Demand that the get PE to "fix" it. Them shame that CE in the local press.

+Quote Post
macgd016
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 08:43
Post #7

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Sat, 1 Sep 2018 - 19:54) *
EDIT you post NOW to avoid identifying the driver. Refer only to 'the driver.' This is CRUCIAL.

Thanks for the advice but there is nothing in my post that identifies the car, the car park, the RK or the driver but out of interest why is it crucial to refer to The Driver?

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 09:23) *
Also contact the Chief Executive at the Trust and lambaste them about allowing such a deliberately misleading system to be put in. Demand that the get PE to "fix" it. Them shame that CE in the local press.

Good advice and already in hand biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 09:40
Post #8

Member No.: 60,457

Because if PE identify this thread and identify who was the driver then they will claim against the driver and there is no protection offered by POFA and showing keeper liability. At the moment all they know is the identity of the keeper.

It is not unknown for these threads to appear in court.

If you argue the point, on the basis that you know better, then you may find that all help disappears.

This post has been edited by ostell: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 09:43

+Quote Post
macgd016
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 11:18
Post #9

QUOTE (ostell @ Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 10:40) *
Because if PE identify this thread and identify who was the driver then they will claim against the driver and there is no protection offered by POFA and showing keeper liability. At the moment all they know is the identity of the keeper.

It is not unknown for these threads to appear in court.

If you argue the point, on the basis that you know better, then you may find that all help disappears.

Thanks again for the advice and exlanation, I'm sorry if I appeared to be arguing, this is not the case I was just trying to understand why it was important to state The Driver so thanks for that.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 19:37
Post #10

Member No.: 16,066

You will find out a lot more if you get out of this thread and read others, as well as PoFA 2012 sched 4.

Have you found the government guidance on parking yet? A quick Google search should find it.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here