PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCM mislayed my parking permit
Bequa
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 13:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,954

I have recently moved into a new flat in hertfordshire where the car parking is controlled by Parking Control Management UK LTD. In the apartment block that i live there are no permanent residents only students who change each year. In my tenancy agreement i am entitled to one parking permit for my flat (which has 2 other occupiers). I phoned the phone number i was given by my estate agent to request my permit and i was told that it had been posted too me already. i then checked all the post and looked for the envelope described and have received nothing. I phoned the company back and they assured me that the 3 parking permits where 'Hand delivered' on the 20th of september (a date that does not exists and an amount that we are not entitled to), when they say hand delivered the mean posted into my post box. They are now telling me that i have to pay £5 for a 're-issue' of the permit that i need to park. I argued with the lady on the phone that i do not need a re- issue and that i would just like the permit that i am entitled to but all she keeps saying is that the permits were hand delivered (posted in the post box) already so i can not say the postman lost them etc and i HAVE to pay the £5. I have been told by my estate agents that they are not going to start clamping until october to give all the student in the area a chance to get their permits, majority of the cars in the car park now all have permits but only recently put them up so i wonder if they had the same issue as me. when i returned home from work last night there were no free parking spaces available, so if i get a permit i wonder if i will even have a space to park as it is already over crowded.

I really do feel that they have not given any permits out and that they are trying to make money out of everyone from something that they are entitled to. I also question that if someone has some how managed to bend their hand into an un natural position to steal the permit from my post box that was so kindly hand delivered on a date that does not exist and is now using it, how PCM will know that that car is not meant to have a permit. Surely re-issuming permits that have been 'lost' will only mean there are more cars than parking space available.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 13:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 13:55
Post #2

Member No.: 27,239

PCM UK are a very aggressive company. Most of us wouldn't be surprised if they started clamping at the strike of midnight on 1st October if they thought they could catch someone who had forgotten to display a permit.

It hurts but by far your best course of action is to pay the £5 and get that permit.

PCM don't make any money if the car park runs properly. They rely on clamping cars that they know are parked perfectly legitimately but where the permits have slipped (probably when they rock the cars).

Keep a note of this forum because sadly a lot of your fellow students are going to be needing it.

+Quote Post
buttonpusher
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 17:25
Post #3

Member No.: 11,066

Get another tax disc holder as well to hold the permit so they cannot rock the car to dislodge it.

+Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 17:29
Post #4

In case you haven't guessed, we're very familiar with this company

+Quote Post
EHBA
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 18:00
Post #5

Member No.: 43,423

QUOTE (Gan @ Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 14:55) *
Keep a note of this forum because sadly a lot of your fellow students are going to be needing it.

Maybe do more than keep a note of the forum, warn your fellow residents and get them to warn any of their visitors.

As Gan said, PCM could be looking to make a killing on Oct 1, not on some distant date in the future.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 19:14
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

A good angle grinder should be able to cut through a clamper in seconds...

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
Gan
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 19:36
Post #7

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 20:14) *
A good angle grinder should be able to cut through a clamper in seconds...

Isn't that taking self-help a bit far, Andy?

This post has been edited by Gan: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 19:36

+Quote Post
Chas820
post Tue, 27 Sep 2011 - 20:14
Post #8

Member No.: 6,015

I like his thinking laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 03:49
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here