Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please advice
asifk
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 19:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,239

Dear All,

I have some issues with people parking close to dropped kerb. I had a kerb and driveway recently installed as neighbors were getting upset to park in front of there house. In some instances it went too racially abusive as well. Hence decided to pay for kerb and driveway.

I have attached some pictures and was wondering if this is legally ok to park as such.

Any help would be highly apprecited.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Advertisement
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 19:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 19:40
Post #2

Member No.: 317

Talk to the council and the Police, either of whom could take action for obstructing the driveway.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 19:44
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

I the RK of the cars in the first 3 pictures came here for advice re a PCN we would advise them to fight it. The contravention only applies to the lowered section of kerb not the sloping kerbstone

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
asifk
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 19:52
Post #4

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:44) *
I the RK of the cars in the first 3 pictures came here for advice re a PCN we would advise them to fight it. The contravention only applies to the lowered section of kerb not the sloping kerbstone

does this mean do tyres need to be on slop or full body.
especially last picture the tyres are on slope but body overhangs the kerb? This gets very complicated when people park vans as tyres are usually on slope but the body blocks half of kerb.

Do you also believe there is double parking in most of these picturs?

Thanks

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:00
Post #5

The first two in my opinion would be at worst de minimis that is only a small part of the overhang is in contravention. The third one is parked on the pavement so not adjacent too and not in contravention of the DK they are parked outside the bay though and that is a contravention

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
asifk
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:10
Post #6

thank you for swift responses. Do you think talking to council or police would make it better. Or please advice any options that should work.
I have already talked to neighbour who parks but he dont care smile.gif.

+Quote Post
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:13
Post #7

Member No.: 47,602

QUOTE (asifk @ Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:52) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:44) *

does this mean do tyres need to be on slop or full body.
especially last picture the tyres are on slope but body overhangs the kerb? This gets very complicated when people park vans as tyres are usually on slope but the body blocks half of kerb.

Do you also believe there is double parking in most of these picturs?

Thanks

Tyres are irrelevant. The tyres don’t cause the obstruction.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 10 Apr 2019 - 20:39
Post #8

This is the contravention

Prohibition of parking at dropped footways etc.

(1) In a special enforcement area a vehicle must not be parked on the carriageway adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge where—

(a) the footway, cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the carriageway for the purpose of—

(i) assisting pedestrians crossing the carriageway,

(ii) assisting cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway, or

(iii) assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge;

so if any part of the vehicle is adjacent to the lowered section of kerb that is a contravention Is this a London council? if so the council that will deal with this by way of PCN and may remove the vehicle if it is persistently in contravention you can call them and ask them to act

As I said I do not think that the first two photos would be in contravention so you will have to just accept that the third one that was on the pavement would not be in contravention of the DK but would be of not being parked correctly within the markings of a bay or space. If you report it I would suggest you mention that to the CEO. If the car driver came here for advice we would tell them this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Korting
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 00:12
Post #9

Member No.: 37,524

That drop kerb is very narrow, the problem as I see it is that cars parked either side could hinder your view as you exit your driveway onto the road.

Speak to the Council first, if no joy speak to your Councillors. Only call the Police if they park in such a way that you cannot get out of your drive,

+Quote Post
asifk
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 08:10
Post #10

Thank you all for you swift and helpful replies.

i will gather some more evidence and will send it across to council's consideration.

Regards

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 08:24
Post #11

Member No.: 38,559

You have two issues.
One is random people parking over DK or slope..... phone council each and every time and demand a CEO attends.... they will possibly end up on here and if like the first, be advised to fight it but they will still have a PCN to remind them to be a little more considerate.
Same if it is a random vehicle overlapping the footway bay..... in London that is asking for a Footway parking PCN, outside may be a little more difficult for council but Parked outside of Marked Bays.... can be fought but again, they have a PCN to remind them to be considerate.
Second is neighbour... You can do the same but how far do you want to push the dispute, those sort of arguments often escalate to silly, often really nasty levels. Dunno about any alternative that is guaranteed to work but talking (politely) can help defuse and may find a solution.

You could ask council to paint a white dogbone as opposite, has no legal effect but can remind people that there is a DK.

+Quote Post
asifk
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 15:48
Post #12

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 09:24) *

DancingDad, you are quite right. These are my neighbours and they are aware they they are causing trouble but expect me to drive on footpath to get in my driveway smile.gif.
I am on other hand is too nice to them hence they take advantage on every possible opportunity sad.gif.
I am again going to talk to them one last time and then let council know to deal with them.

Thank you all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 13:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here