Awaiting an NIP
dorsetdriver2019
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 09:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,756

Hi all,

I'm new here so be kind smile.gif

Last Monday I suspected I might've been flashed by a Motorway Camera.

I've not heared anything yet and we're now going into the 8th Day as the postman has been this morning.

I've actually been in touch with the camera/ticket office to ask, because I'm off on Holiday for 10 days later today and I'd rather not spend the time with it on my mind (was only a minor accidental contravention so it'd be a Speed awareness anyway, but nevertheless)

They said that nothing is showing on their system. My Question is, would something be on the system after a week? I know we have 14 days to receive a NIP, but I'd personally expect something to be on the system after a week. I can imagine the system is fairly automated (info from camera goes to ticket office system quickly?)

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 09:31
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 09:55
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

The photo (if caught) has a manual process to trigger the NIP etc. We can't say how long each Force takes to process these but I'd forget about it and go on holiday.

If a NIP is waiting for you then you have plenty of time to respond.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
dorsetdriver2019
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 12:14
Post #3

Member No.: 105,756

QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 10:55) *
The photo (if caught) has a manual process to trigger the NIP etc. We can't say how long each Force takes to process these but I'd forget about it and go on holiday.

If a NIP is waiting for you then you have plenty of time to respond.

Thank you for that. I didn't realise that, I assumed the process was a bit more automated rolleyes.gif

I'll wait and see if anything is waiting for me when I get back.

Thanks

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 12:15
Post #4

Member No.: 38,559

That's about the size of it.
It either has or hasn't happened.
No point in worrying, enjoy your holiday, deal with it should the worst happen when you get back.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here