Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muswell Hill Bus Lane, Change of times and signage
luross
post Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 11:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,791

Hi everyone,

I am attaching a copy of the PCN although my question is really about the change in times the bus lane is in force and the lack of signage.

For the purposes of this discussion let's assume i am guilty of the offence! This occured on a Sunday when, having lived in the area for some time, i knew that the bus lane is not in force. When I received the above PCN I assumed it was a mistake but having done some research and going out later discovered that the times have changed and the signs along the bus lane seem to indicate 24/7 enforcement. Doing a google street view search the old signs are still there showing Mon-Fri 7-10 am and 4-7pm only. I do not know when the new rules came into force but it must be very new as i use the bus lane (at the time legally) all the time. There is a change of time sign at the bottom of the hill but non on the side roads that i use.

I have to accept that the main blue bus lane sign is there and clear (sort of) but it seems very unfair of Harringay to change the rules without appropriate notification and signage. I am quite sure they did this deliberatly to catch out the locals who thought they knew the rules.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

ian

BTW this is a very long bus lane going all the way up a steep hill. the video shows me in the bus lane for 15 seconds at the top although it was clear so i covered a 100 yards or so!.

This post has been edited by luross: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 11:06
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 11:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 13:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,924

There was a lot in local press and on blogs about this change. We had a case recently - I'll see if I can find it. I think Haringey did put up a sign alerting people to the new times.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 22nd August 2018 - 07:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.