PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MS90 Offence & 6 penalty points+ 660 GBP fine Help !
CCT99
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 09:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,133

Hello Everyone!
I need a bit of help as I received a letter from DVLA yesterday that my driving licence has been revoked since I had 6 penalty points within 1st year of passing test.

Backstory: I moved house in Feb 2019 but I forgot to update the new address on V5C document since I had not received one by the time I moved from my previous house.( I managed to change the address on driving licence and all the rest that involves with changing the house except V5C)

However I got the letter of revoking my licence yesterday and when I looked up the details on the gov.uk website the offence date was mentioned as 7th June 2019.

I neither received any letters from DVLA prior to this nor I got NIP ( I assume this is due to lack of changing address on V5C)!!! The letter states that I have to send the driving licence to DVLA and start applying for a new one.

My queries:
1. Can I appeal against licence revokation and accept whichever the original offence was? If yes, can I do it on my own or should I go through solicitor? What are the odds of me getting successful in this case? I read about Stat Dec but I didnt quite understand?? Can someone please explain ?

2. If I intend to accept this offence and decide to apply for new licence and pay the 660 GBP fine, will the 6 penalty points get added automatically to my new licence??? I did not find a way to pay the fine!! Nothing mentioned on the gov.uk site

3. Amidst this I still need to get the V5C document which I DO NOT possess with me currently!!! Should I apply now by downloading V62 form or its a bad timing?

4. Is it possible to know what my original offence was (speeding or red light) on 7th June 2019??

So am kindly looking for advice on the above matter and any other useful info to help me get out of this mess!!! ( specially when the winter is just around the corner)

Thanks!! Eagerly awaiting reply
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy_foster
post Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 12:37
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (CCT99 @ Sat, 12 Oct 2019 - 10:34) *
1. Can I appeal against licence revokation and accept whichever the original offence was? If yes, can I do it on my own or should I go through solicitor? What are the odds of me getting successful in this case? I read about Stat Dec but I didnt quite understand?? Can someone please explain ?

Search for stat dec on the forum. The question has been asked and answered many, many times.

2. If I intend to accept this offence and decide to apply for new licence and pay the 660 GBP fine, will the 6 penalty points get added automatically to my new licence??? I did not find a way to pay the fine!! Nothing mentioned on the gov.uk site

Yes. Although it is not really a new licence. The DVLA are notifying you about the revocation. HMCTS will eventually fimnd you for the fine - unless you do a stat dec.

3. Amidst this I still need to get the V5C document which I DO NOT possess with me currently!!! Should I apply now by downloading V62 form or its a bad timing?

Not having a V5C appears to the the root cause. Applying for one will not make it worse.

4. Is it possible to know what my original offence was (speeding or red light) on 7th June 2019??

The convicting court might be able to tell you if another offence was charged.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 15:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here