PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 NIPs for exact same offence - Police claim s172 not received
UselessRedTape
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,674

Having received an NIP for 85 on a 70mph dual carriageway, I filled in the s172 and gave my details etc etc (all filled in) and returned it Recorded Delivery on *the same day*.

Received another, identical NIP (for same offence) a week later.

Now 5 weeks later I receive a letter from the FPSU stating they haven't received a *satisfactory* response (they underline this bit), and include another s172 for me to fill out.

Having got their signature on the delivery of the initial s172, can they just claim it wasn't filled in? Even though I did fill it in (sadly I didn't photograph it - note to self)?

I'm inclined to write and ask *why* they think it's unsatisfactory...

UselessRedTape
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:57
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

This would normally happen if you've said something like "I was probably the driver" or "I believe I was driving" or words to that effect, i.e. you didn't make an unequivocal assertion that you were driving.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:57

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:59
Post #3

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (UselessRedTape @ Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:51) *
I filled in the s172 and gave my details

EXACTLY what did you include in your reply?

Did you add ANYTHING except for the information you were asked for?

Did you sign your reply?

This post has been edited by peterguk: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:01
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

...and signed?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
UselessRedTape
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:01
Post #5

The form doesn't allow for any ambiguity - it's a prefilled statement "I was the driver at the time of the alleged offence...Signed".

I certainly didn't say anything else. And yes it was all signed etc, everywhere where necessary.

So this is why I am confused - they got what they asked for!

This post has been edited by UselessRedTape: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:04

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:02
Post #6

Why not call them and ask? It would be a shame to turn a simple course or fixed penalty into a court attendance and 6 points...

This post has been edited by Jlc: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:02

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:08
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 15:02) *

Why not call them and ask? It would be a shame to turn a simple course or fixed penalty into a court attendance and 6 points...

+1, if it's a simple misunderstanding it would be best to resolve it now before it goes any further.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
UselessRedTape
post Tue, 3 Jul 2018 - 13:39
Post #8

Here's the shortened tel exchange:

Me: Hi - I've sent the s172 you requested in the NIP - all completed - and have evidence of that. What is this letter that's just arrived, stating "unsatisfactory response"?
FPSU: We've not had any response at all. It's got lost in the post - you'll..
Me: I sent it recorded - I have the evidence - like your signature, for example.
FPSU: Recorded? Oh. [pause] Hang on! I can see it now on the system! Did you say you were the driver at the time, is that right?
Me: Hmmm - I filled in the form as requested - all complete with all the details.
FPSU: It's just the system, it's an automated letter - it probably crossed over at the same time...
Me: A month and a half after the NIP?
FPSU: You'll get a letter now offering a course, if you're eligible...
Me: So it's definitely a system error then? Will you make a note on the system about this please?
FPSU: Oh absolutely, yes....

Denial, admittance, followed by phishing...hmmmmmm

So - all sorted then (bar the fine, course, and/or points) until the next letter demanding another s172......

dry.gif

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 3 Jul 2018 - 13:44
Post #9

Everyone's happy then...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 17:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here