PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Driving Licence address change waiting times
Ninjawarrior77
post Mon, 29 Jun 2020 - 10:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,058

Anyone else changed their address on their driving licence via sending it to them via the post, 8 weeks ago i sent mine and still no sign and the online is still showing my old address, I have tweeted DVLA only to be told its taking longer than usual...Their phone lines are saying the same thing every time telling me to call back later....Slowly giving up....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Mon, 29 Jun 2020 - 10:45
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
post Mon, 29 Jun 2020 - 11:11
Post #2

Member No.: 47,602

When the lockdown started DVLA announced that they would not be dealing with ANY postal applications. This was still in force eight weeks ago, and was very clear on the website, so that is where you've gone wrong.

I imagine they're now working their way through a very big pile of post.

+Quote Post
Ninjawarrior77
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 12:18
Post #3

QUOTE (666 @ Mon, 29 Jun 2020 - 12:11) *
When the lockdown started DVLA announced that they would not be dealing with ANY postal applications. This was still in force eight weeks ago, and was very clear on the website, so that is where you've gone wrong.

I imagine they're now working their way through a very big pile of post.

I had NO other option but to send it via post due to DVLA closing their online applications, Last thing I want is a fine due to not having the correct address on my licence, I have done everything in the correct order...

+Quote Post
Tartarus
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 12:50
Post #4

Member No.: 76,324

QUOTE (Ninjawarrior77 @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 13:18) *
Last thing I want is a fine due to not having the correct address on my licence

Not quite correct. It just has to be an address you are contactable at, doesn't have to be your main living location.

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 13:06
Post #5

Member No.: 52,178

Have you updated the address for your licence because you have moved?

If you also have a vehicle registered to you, you must change the address for that, too. i.e. the V5C form. This is separate from the driving licence. Too many people come unstuck on this when they inadvertently cop a speeding ticket or a parking ticket, and the notification goes to the old address which is still on the vehicle's V5C.

+Quote Post
peodude
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 14:35
Post #6

Member No.: 7,035

I had NO other option but to send it via post due to DVLA closing their online applications, Last thing I want is a fine due to not having the correct address on my licence, I have done everything in the correct order...

I have never seen a fine issued for having an incorrect address anyway, so little need to worry.

+Quote Post
phantomcrusader
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 17:03
Post #7

Member No.: 22,840

For those who don't yet know, a change of address can now be done online.
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-v5c

This post has been edited by phantomcrusader: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 17:03

+Quote Post
Ninjawarrior77
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 17:21
Post #8

QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 14:06) *
Have you updated the address for your licence because you have moved?

If you also have a vehicle registered to you, you must change the address for that, too. i.e. the V5C form. This is separate from the driving licence. Too many people come unstuck on this when they inadvertently cop a speeding ticket or a parking ticket, and the notification goes to the old address which is still on the vehicle's V5C.

V5 was sent and returned within a couple of weeks

QUOTE (peodude @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 15:35) *

I have never seen a fine issued for having an incorrect address anyway, so little need to worry.

What about when my insurance comes up for renewal and when they perform the drivers search the address doesn't match my current living address or would that make no differnce?

+Quote Post
Sparxy
post Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 23:31
Post #9

Member No.: 34,394

QUOTE (Ninjawarrior77 @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 18:21) *
What about when my insurance comes up for renewal and when they perform the drivers search the address doesn't match my current living address or would that make no differnce?

Insurers haven't ever batted an eyelid about my car and driving licence both having a different address to where i'm living.

As long as you're contactable there (I.e. if they send you a letter, you'll get it) it doesn't matter.

+Quote Post
Tartarus
post Wed, 1 Jul 2020 - 13:40
Post #10

Member No.: 76,324

For years I had my driving licence at one address and my V5C at another address (both I could access and retrieve mail from), and nothing ever came of it, so there's very little to sweat here NW77.

+Quote Post
Ninjawarrior77
post Wed, 1 Jul 2020 - 17:11
Post #11

QUOTE (Sparxy @ Wed, 1 Jul 2020 - 00:31) *
QUOTE (Ninjawarrior77 @ Tue, 30 Jun 2020 - 18:21) *

Insurers haven't ever batted an eyelid about my car and driving licence both having a different address to where i'm living.

As long as you're contactable there (I.e. if they send you a letter, you'll get it) it doesn't matter.

Excellent thank you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 3rd July 2020 - 09:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.