PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN suspended bay, they put up suspended bay signs and took them down
victim77
post Fri, 3 Nov 2017 - 16:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,838

Hi all, i received really good advice the last time i was here so as i have received a pcn i think its best i get some advice here before sending off my appeal.

on friday the 27th or saturday the 28th, newham council put up suspended bay signs on my street. I have a permit to park on my street in the ms zone. the sign said on monday the 30th october through to friday the 3rd of november the bays are suspended due to patching works. these signs were put on the street on the lampposts which showed the parking rules for the bays on the road. though alot of bays were suspended on the street. some of the bays were still allowed to be in use.

the notice said from house number, to house number, bays suspended.
On monday they took all the signs down from the lampposts. i could not see any sign left anywhere.
i did not park my car on the street, monday or tuesday. on tuesday i saw other residents park their cars in the previously suspended bays. i assumed the work must be over, the signs have down and thats why everyone is parking on the street again.
on wednesday when i returned from work i saw cars still parked in the previously suspended bays, so i parked my car. i thought as the signs are down the work must have finished early. as the works were suppose to go on till the 3rd of november.

i went in to my house after an hourr my neighbour knocked on the door and when i came out i saw that a ceo placing a ticket on my window. i immediately began to explain to her that look the council took all the signs down so it must be ok to park here.

to my astonishment she pointed to a gate and there was one of the suspended bay signs left on there. i expolained to her they must have left that one by mistake and the fact that if the gate is open as it usually is no one can see this sign. she uses her radio and then says the signs is still valid. i was completely shocked and couldn't believe the situation i found myself in.

i felt as if ceo had stuck this sign back up as i definitely did not see any sign since monday and its big and yellow how could i miss it. i felt that newham council was deliberately sticking up these signs, no workmen i saw came to work on the street on monday, they towed a few cars and issued pcns, that is saw. but no workmen came, then in the evening they took the signs down. it seemed to me that they left one sign to deliberately screw people over. one of my neighbours also got a pcn.

i will put up the pictures to give you an idea of everything, i did go to the council but newham said there was no way for me to see the parking department i have to appeal on the address on the ticket. obviously newham didn't want to make this easy for their residents.

any help will be much appreciated

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Fri, 3 Nov 2017 - 16:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
victim77
post Wed, 14 Feb 2018 - 16:56
Post #21

formal appeal printed and posted, thank you very much everyone. once newham reply i will update here

+Quote Post
victim77
post Sun, 20 May 2018 - 01:26
Post #22

Hi everyone, just wanted to update everyone on here. Newham council accepted the formal appeal smile.gif
thank you all for your help and suggestions, much appreciated

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sun, 20 May 2018 - 07:35
Post #23

Member No.: 38,559

Never any doubt this was going to win.
Only question was when.
Well done for sticking with it, your neighbour should have done the same.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 06:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here