PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Driver not in a position to have control of a vehicle, Invalid Fixed Penaly Notice
Monkey_Shuttle
post Wed, 26 Oct 2011 - 09:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,627

Good Morning

I received a fixed penalty notice from Sussex Police for 'Driver not in a position to have control of a vehicle' last week and was provided with the conviction code BE46.

The officer was clearly a rookie and was having to refer to a manual at every point and I'm wondering whether he's made a mistake?

Only I cannot find conviction code BE46 anywhere on the internet, on the DVLA website or nor my insurers website.

When I surrendered my licence at the police station, they couldn't confirm the code and asked me what it said.
Stupidly I told him ' Driver not in proper control' and only when the officer turned his back to me on the phone and lowered his voice to the traffic unit (I could no longer hear what he was saying), did he come back and confirm what I had told him.

I've since called the traffic unit myself, who called me back (no doubt checking what the office had issued me with first) and confirmed; 'Driver not in a position to have control of a vehicle' but couldn't provide me with a DVLA code, despite having a look whilst we were on the phone.

As you can imagine I am very suspicious now, is this a valid conviction and if so, what’s the DVLA code for my insurers?

Thanks in advance ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Logician
post Wed, 26 Oct 2011 - 16:10
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,528

Particularly since the OP says he simply looked at the Blackberry. It would be interesting if ths was changed to the mobile offence, since the Blackberry server was down, this device was incapable of interactive communication. Possibly that is why the other offence was used.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here