PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forgot to send in License now have a SJPN, Looking for advise on the best course of action and what happens next
D76
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 20:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,968

Hi All,

I was done doing 30 in a 20 area. I received a fixed penalty which I paid online, but I missed that I had to send in my license.
They refunded my fine straight into my bank with no explanation and I have now received a SJPN.
I haven't had anything like this before and I am unsure what I should do. Should I plead guilty and attend the court or should I plead guilty and not attend?
Is there a difference in outcomes? What happens?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 20:12
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 20:45
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,223

You can't attend a Single Justice process - it's a postal procedure only. You can opt for a hearing should you wish.

Fortunately, that excess is still 3 points at court but you may be liable for an earnings related fine. For a guilty plea this would be 33% of weekly relevant earnings. Costs of £85 and a surcharge of 10% of the fine (min £30).

The court does have the power to sentence at a fixed penalty equivalent sentence but 'forgetting' to send the licence in may not see sympathy. You can ask them to consider such a sentence and grovel a bit.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:53
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here