Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Code 34 being in a bus lane. Staffordshire County Council
The alarm man
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 12:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,314

Hello all. I hope someone can help!

I have recently been "caught" allegedly driving in a bus lane in Stafford Town Centre, definitely four time but possibly as many as eleven times! Just waiting on post. Stupid? Maybe! But having looked over the need for clear signage and road markings i think i might have a good case to appeal the lot.

Firstly images have been taken from a CCTV camera positioned on the Council building. The wording on the PCN states "by a manned or unmanned road side camera"'.
Second, the councils description of a bus lane on its web site states as follows:

"Bus lanes have clear signs and road markings with the words "bus lane". If pedal cycles, motorcycles and taxis are allowed these will also be shown on the road markings and blue signs. (Its the AND part of the above that i would question).

Always check the signs at the start of a bus lane before entering to avoid getting a fine.

Some bus lanes are not permenantly (spelling mistake on the web site not me) in operation, so the days and times of operation will be displayed on the signs".

The road in question has no such markings on the road. It does have a sign, see picture, but there is no marking stating "bus lane".

There is a car park to the right of where the image was taken beyond the signage so anyone going into the car park for the bank must get a PCN i assume?

Thirdly there is no signage that CCTV enforcement is in place. Not sure if that is needed as it is with speed cameras.

Just want to know if it's worth appealing or just pay up and move on.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mad Mick V
post Thu, 6 Dec 2018 - 18:20
Post #2

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

I reckon this is another duff PCN because at the top it relates to an "approved device" under the parking regs. They cannot use such cameras for bus lane contraventions, so to me it's a nullity on that alone.

Mick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 18:34
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here