Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Case of The Missing PCN
sw_19
post Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 20:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,816

Hi all,

I have found myself in an predicament and could really use some advice.

I parked on a road in Leeds city centre and headed off for the day. I tried to pay via an app however it didn't work, and I didn't realise until later on in the day. As soon as I did realise it wasn't working I sorted it out. (The app works as a timer).

Came back in the evening - nothing was on my windscreen. Went on as normal, until I received two identical PtO's yesterday saying I've now missed the 14 day discount and the chance of an informal appeal, and now I have to pay £50 or formally appeal.

The most frustrating thing is that I genuinely did not receive any PCN, so I do not understand what has happened. To make matters worse they have pictures of it on my windscreen - but it wasn't placed securely under any wipers.

I do not know what to do. It's so unfair that I have missed the 14 day discount (which I would have paid). It will be so difficult to prove I didn't receive the PCN, I just don't think they will believe me.

My plan is to now write a formal appeal letter.

Any advice/help?

Time PCN was issued: 10:47am
Start time of paid parking via the app: 10:59am

Date of PCN: 14/02/19
Date of PtO: 18/03/19

p.s. My friend previously created an account here using my email address, as she only had hotmail accounts. Instead of faffing with a new account (which I have tried and failed to do), I just used the same one. Hope that's ok.

This post has been edited by sw_19: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 20:32
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 20:23
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 21:21
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,455

I'm not sure why you say you have received 2xPtOs, (NtO <Notice to Owner> surely ? ). This implies you have two PCNs outstanding. Please post up what you have received suitably redacted, (PCN No, car/address details).

Did your parking app not give any confirmation of parking when you started it ! What app is it and who does it link to ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here