PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

No Card ....Only Cash
dan79
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 07:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,066

Really annoying one to get, I had my wallet stolen on Saturday so have no card until Friday at least. I parked in a usual place I park every week but I couldnt use the app because my card wouldnt go through, so I went to the machine to pay cash, but its a fairly new machine that only takes card I go to the other one its the same. In the past I have used cash there, but I cannot now, I was olny there an hour, I left a big sign in the windscreen window but obviously no disgression would be given. I will put ticket up later.

What will the council say that I should have borrowed a card?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 07:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
dan79
post Wed, 19 Jun 2019 - 14:52
Post #21

QUOTE (John U.K. @ Wed, 19 Jun 2019 - 15:41) *
I havent rwcieved a letter thats my point, but ive also recently moved

What is the address on your V5C? Physically check it.

How did you submit your challenge? If online/e-mail did you get an automatic receipt?

Did you advise Council of current address in your challenge?

V5 was old address . Challenge was online, I did get a reply .

I didnt mention address change

But wierd I got speeding at new address?

+Quote Post
John U.K.
post Wed, 19 Jun 2019 - 14:58
Post #22

Member No.: 70,515

Suspect the Old Bill are better than the Council at tracking down addresses!

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 19 Jun 2019 - 18:34
Post #23

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (John U.K. @ Wed, 19 Jun 2019 - 15:58) *

Suspect the Old Bill are better than the Council at tracking down addresses!

Police can use the insurance database.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
dan79
post Fri, 21 Jun 2019 - 10:19
Post #24

Thanks everyone but more importantly how do I proceed ? Do I just write something online ? This is quite urgent as I dont have a time frame without letter?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 22 Jun 2019 - 23:20
Post #25

QUOTE (dan79 @ Fri, 21 Jun 2019 - 11:19) *
Thanks everyone but more importantly how do I proceed ? Do I just write something online ? This is quite urgent as I dont have a time frame without letter?

hcandersen gave you a sensible suggestion in post 15, have you not sent it yet?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
dan79
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 09:40
Post #26

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 00:20) *

Yes I did, but I already sent the initial letter, I know send agsin even though I never received nto or anything ?

+Quote Post
Gert
post Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 10:46
Post #27

Member No.: 103,884

It is surprising that the option to pay by cash is not available, often there will be a shop nearby that provides a facility to pay for parking via RingGo. A grace period should be allowed for that. Did the stickers on the machine telling you no more P&D facility not advise of this? If it involved calling RingGo then your call will show.

It would be fairly shoddy not to offer that option as not everyone has a mobile phone or payment card.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 12:33
Post #28

QUOTE (dan79 @ Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 10:40) *

Yes I did, but I already sent the initial letter, I know send agsin even though I never received nto or anything ?

Is English not your first language? I think what you're trying to say is "Yes I did read post 15 but I had already sent a representation, should I send the proposed representation even though the council have not sent me anything further?", in which case the answer is yes, just send it anyway.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 12:34

--------------------

+Quote Post
dan79
post Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 13:12
Post #29

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 24 Jun 2019 - 13:33) *
QUOTE (dan79 @ Sun, 23 Jun 2019 - 10:40) *

Is English not your first language? I think what you're trying to say is "Yes I did read post 15 but I had already sent a representation, should I send the proposed representation even though the council have not sent me anything further?", in which case the answer is yes, just send it anyway.

No need to be rude , ive had to use my phone and it's hardly unreadable as my laptop isnt working , seems you had to edit your post which suggests you might be struggling.

You also suggested the original post 15 which had been sent weeks ago? I had to ask again as it deviated away from original question if you read all posts.

I only ask for advice as i don't understand as well as others.

Seems you had a bad day or like insulting people.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 12:43
Post #30

QUOTE (dan79 @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 14:12) *
No need to be rude , ive had to use my phone and it's hardly unreadable as my laptop isnt working , seems you had to edit your post which suggests you might be struggling.

You also suggested the original post 15 which had been sent weeks ago? I had to ask again as it deviated away from original question if you read all posts.

There was no intention on my part to be rude, the reason I asked is because we do get quite a few people on here who don't speak English as a first language and where that happens we make a conscious effort to simplify the language we use as much as possible. As I can't see or hear you if I don't ask, I'll never know or be able to infer whether English is your first language or not, I assure you no offence was intended. I genuinely was not sure whether you mean to say "know" or "now" so it seemed logical to ask for clarification.

Moving onto the PCN, the situation at present seems to be that:

1) You've sent a representation, though as far as we can see you haven't shown us a copy
2) You've moved address
3) You've not sent anything further to the council
4) You've not send anything further to the council
5) You've looked online and the penalty has increased

Does this sum it up correctly?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dan79
post Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 09:34
Post #31

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 12:43) *
QUOTE (dan79 @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 14:12) *

There was no intention on my part to be rude, the reason I asked is because we do get quite a few people on here who don't speak English as a first language and where that happens we make a conscious effort to simplify the language we use as much as possible. As I can't see or hear you if I don't ask, I'll never know or be able to infer whether English is your first language or not, I assure you no offence was intended. I genuinely was not sure whether you mean to say "know" or "now" so it seemed logical to ask for clarification.

Moving onto the PCN, the situation at present seems to be that:

1) You've sent a representation, though as far as we can see you haven't shown us a copy
2) You've moved address
3) You've not sent anything further to the council
4) You've not send anything further to the council
5) You've looked online and the penalty has increased

Does this sum it up correctly?

Ok Sorry

Ive been away this does sum it up correctly please see below....

This is original email I sent to them...

I always park on that street most Wednesday for an hour as work locally. On this occasion I go to park there I had a problem as I had lost my bank card at the weekend, so I had cash ready to pay but when I go to the two machines nearby they had changed to only taking cards, this came as a big surprise as I had no advance warning for this.
I also tried to ring the number but on that occasion it was saying it wasn’t available at this time.
Now on most occasions I pay using the app but sometimes I have paid by cash, I also left a note quite clearly in the window (you can see in the photos) that I was willing to pay but unable to pay by cash.
Could you please provide the TMO which amends this parking bay from P&D.
I park there regularly and did go with the intention to pay but did not expect the machines to be changed and for me not being able to park.
Kind Regards

Email sent in June

I sent representation on 24th April by email I have not heard anything, can someone please email me or let mw know what is going on ?

Regards

Thanks

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 12:14
Post #32

Member No.: 54,455

If you submitted reps in late April, you are into Notice to Owner territory by now despite not having received a response. Is your V5C up-to-date and the same now as it was at the date of the PCN ? Far too many people fail to update it following address changes, and then the enforcement documents go to the old address. The next thing the owner sees is the bailiffs chasing the debt.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 14 Jul 2019 - 18:09
Post #33

I would contact the council, and pro-actively advise them of the fact that you've moved address, I would do so even if you've updated your V5C promptly because you can't be sure when the council asked DVLA for your address (if indeed they have done so at all).

--------------------

+Quote Post
dan79
post Mon, 15 Jul 2019 - 20:59
Post #34

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 12:14) *
If you submitted reps in late April, you are into Notice to Owner territory by now despite not having received a response. Is your V5C up-to-date and the same now as it was at the date of the PCN ? Far too many people fail to update it following address changes, and then the enforcement documents go to the old address. The next thing the owner sees is the bailiffs chasing the debt.

v5 is new address now. I did send reps by email though. Shall I actually ring them then?

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 14 Jul 2019 - 18:09) *
I would contact the council, and pro-actively advise them of the fact that you've moved address, I would do so even if you've updated your V5C promptly because you can't be sure when the council asked DVLA for your address (if indeed they have done so at all).

So shall I just call them then, sometimes Wandsworth have emiled back in the past?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 16 Jul 2019 - 09:48
Post #35

If paperwork goes to the wrong address, it can cause no end of problems. If I were in your position I would want to be sure their records are up to date.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dan79
post Tue, 16 Jul 2019 - 11:54
Post #36

I just spoke to someone, they said it's still on hold pending investigation and will email me back as I emailed them, they also had my new address. Thanks for help.

This post has been edited by dan79: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 - 12:15

+Quote Post
dan79
post Tue, 6 Aug 2019 - 09:53
Post #37

Finally a response...

Dear
Penalty Charge Notice Number:
Vehicle Registration:
Date of Contravention: 10/04/2019 at 11:23
Location of Contravention: ABERCROMBIE STREET, SW11
I refer to your enquiry received on 27/06/2019 regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice
(PCN).
This PCN was issued as your vehicle was parked in a shared use parking place without a valid
virtual permit or clearly displaying a valid physical permit or voucher or pay and display ticket
issued for that place where required, or without payment of the parking charge. The restrictions
at this location operate Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 4.30 pm. You can view the photographs
online at http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/pcnonline
You have stated that you were unable to pay by cash and did not have your card with you to
make payment. I must advise that if you are unable to purchase a ticket from the machine,
payment should be made via the cashless option Parkmobile or an alternative place to park
should be sought. ultimately, it remains the motorists responsibility to ensure that the vehicle
has valid parking rights when left in a bay during restricted hours.
Given the above, I am satisfied that the PCN was correctly issued and regrettably, you have
not established sufficient grounds for cancellation of this penalty charge. As your enquiry was
received within the discount period the amount of £65.00, will be accepted if payment is
received within 14 days of the date of this letter.
To make a credit or debit card payment please call our 24 hour automated payment line on
0800 021 7763 or pay online by visiting www.wandsworth.gov.uk/pcnonline.
Alternatively, your cheque or postal order should be made payable to “Wandsworth Borough
Council”, clearly identified with the Notice number written on the reverse side and sent to:
Wandsworth Borough Council (Parking), PO Box 521, Twickenham, TW1 9PJ.
If payment is not received as detailed, I shall assume that you wish to pursue the matter and
shall arrange for a Notice to Owner to be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle so that
formal representations may be made. Should these be rejected, the registered keeper of the
vehicle will then be afforded the opportunity to appeal to the Parking Adjudicator.
I should point out that, should you decide to take this course of action, on the expiry of the
discount period you will forfeit the right to pay the Penalty Charge at the lower rate and the full
charge of £130.00 will be due.
If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle e.g. the vehicle is a company or lease/hire
vehicle, or being used with the owner’s consent, I suggest you advise the keeper that a Notice
to Owner (NTO) will be issued.
The options are therefore to pay the PCN or follow the statutory process to submit a formal
representation as explained above. Any further information or evidence for the Council's
consideration should only be included as part of the formal representation made by the
registered keeper. Any additional communication received prior to the issue of the NTO will be
filed for information purposes only without a response, although it may be considered if formal
representations are received.
This concludes the Council’s dealings in this matter at this stage.
Yours sincerely

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 6 Aug 2019 - 10:13
Post #38

Member No.: 96,238

Is there any mileage in checking the Parking Place Order to see what it says about payment methods ?

I vaguely recall a thread where the PPO referred to cash payments but the council hadn't provided the facility

+Quote Post
dan79
post Tue, 6 Aug 2019 - 10:29
Post #39

They are also disregarding the fact I couldn't use the app due to not having a card, do we actually know how long the card only machine has been there?

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 6 Aug 2019 - 14:24
Post #40

Make an FOI request today asking for the Traffic Management Order for those bays, also ask for any amendment orders that have been made.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 10:24
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here