Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking ticket for suspended parking whilst on holiday
laura71
post Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 19:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,765

Hello

I got back from a 2 week holiday to find that I had received 2 parking tickets. I have a residents parking permit for on-street parking in Wandsworth but it appears there was a parking suspension whilst I was away - do I have any grounds on which to appeal this? I have attached the parking tickets and the notice that was left on my windscreen - but all the other notices have been taken down by the time that I got back from my holiday so I'm not sure of the details of the suspension (I've tried looking for this on the councils website but couldn't seem to find anything).

Many thanks,

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 19:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 19:54
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Wansdsworth should have pics. PM me the details and I'll have a look.

Councils often tow if you park in contravention so I expect the sign went up after you parked. Car wasn't relocated? can't have been in the way. And chance of second at least being cancelled for a continuous contravention.

Council pics should tell us more.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 - 19:55

+Quote Post
Gert
post Sun, 14 Jul 2019 - 08:29
Post #3

Member No.: 103,884

Tell the LA the date and approx time when you parked before going away and attach evidence of your travel such as flight boarding pass image. If there was a significant gap between parking and leaving, did you check your car before travelling away, if so tell them when?

The issue is when the suspension sign was put up and if the sign was there when you parked or if before you went away and you could be expected to have made a final check before leaving home.

+Quote Post
laura71
post Sun, 14 Jul 2019 - 14:47
Post #4

Thanks I have found a copy of the notice which definitely wasn't put up before I left, I think there was probably at least a week between when I left and when the sign was put up (assuming 3 days notice was given). And luckily the car wasn't towed!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 14 Jul 2019 - 18:56
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

Post up all the council photos, use imgur.com as you won't have space on here.

Also dates are important:

When did you park?
When did you go on holiday?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
laura71
post Mon, 15 Jul 2019 - 19:11
Post #6

I parked on 21st June and went on holiday on 22nd June returning on 7th July. The parking suspension was from 2-4th July so assuming they gave 3 days notice (which is according to their terms) the notice would have gone up on 29th June. The notice was definitely not there when I left.

Images are uploaded here:

https://imgur.com/a/rpN2Z43

Thanks for your help!

I parked on 21st June and went on holiday on 22nd June returning on 7th July. The parking suspension was from 2-4th July so assuming they gave 3 days notice (which is according to their terms) the notice would have gone up on 29th June. The notice was definitely not there when I left.

Images are uploaded here:

https://imgur.com/a/rpN2Z43

Thanks for your help!

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 15 Jul 2019 - 19:23
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

The Wandswroth Parking Enforcement Protocol has recently been deleted from the council website, but fortunately a copy is saved here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120905055219/...s_in_wandsworth

Page 9 confirms: "In addition to the circumstances specified above, cancellation will also be considered in cases where the driver is resident in the street where the suspension took place, and
was away when the notice of the suspension was given. Proof of absence (e.g. travel tickets or itinerary) is required.
"

So, do you have travel tickets etc... to prove your period of absence?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 14:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here