PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dart Charge, Didn’t use courtesy car reg on payment
Mark D
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 22:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,882

I travelled across the dartford bridge on the 16/2/19 and back through the tunnel on the 18/02/19.
I paid online the night before my trip on the 15/2/19 for both trips. What I didn’t realise until today is I inputted my own car registration and not the courtesy car registration which I was using at the time of crossing.

I have appealed both fines online with evidence of my payment (online invoice pdf) and explaining my mistake as above.

I hear the council are pretty understanding with mistakes of this nature and hopefully they will be able see my inputted reg was not used over the crosssings on or around the same dates.

Additionally I see they normally send out a 14day grace period to 1st time offenders but since the car was a courtesy I assume this is why I did not receive such warning. I haven’t been fined before as far as I can remember .

Fingers crossed...

This post has been edited by Mark D: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 22:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Advertisement
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 22:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 22:43
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

We need a bit more in order to help. The PCN would have gone to the RK that would not be you if it was a courtesy car but the owner or perhaps even the lease company.

Do you have a PCN in your name? if not you cannot appeal it.

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Mark D
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 23:01
Post #3

I have 2 PCNs addressed to me but my name is not mentioned in the body of the letter.

It begins as “The Secretary of State as charging authority serves this penalty charge notice on you as the registered keeper or person liable for the following vehicle.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 23:09
Post #4

QUOTE (Mark D @ Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 23:01) *
I have 2 PCNs addressed to me but my name is not mentioned in the body of the letter.

It begins as “The Secretary of State as charging authority serves this penalty charge notice on you as the registered keeper or person liable for the following vehicle.

posted to you as the addressee and to your address? Did you sign a hiring agreement and sign a statement accepting liability?

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Mark D
post Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 23:27
Post #5

Yes posted to my name and my address like any other letter.
I also signed a T&C agreement for the car which states I am responsible for any fines

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 00:23
Post #6

Member No.: 54,455

OK, but can you post at least one of the PCNs please.
Forum experience of Dart management is they are much more forgiving of mistakes like this than councils, especially as you did actually make a payment in advance, but just made an error in the car reg. no.

Let's hope they are forgiving in this case. They certainly haven't lost any money out of it. Please let us know how you got on.

+Quote Post
Mark D
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 10:15
Post #7

Copy of one of the PCNs. Other is identical in format.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 10:24
Post #8

Dart are the most understanding of the charging authorities. If you had come here sooner I would have recommended that you tell your story on their twitter page. That way has had a lot of success. But you have made representations so might be to late.

give it a go because your grounds are mitigation only and an adjudicator cannot rule on that at the next stage

--------------------

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 10:25
Post #9

Member No.: 54,455

OK, it all looks kosher. Let us know how you get on with DART. I would not expect them to act harshly in your case.

+Quote Post
Bailiff Advice
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 12:53
Post #10

Member No.: 83,440

QUOTE (Mark D @ Sat, 16 Mar 2019 - 22:07) *
I travelled across the Dartford bridge on the 16/2/19 and back through the tunnel on the 18/02/19.
I paid online the night before my trip on the 15/2/19 for both trips. What I didn’t realise until today is I inputted my own car registration and not the courtesy car registration which I was using at the time of crossing.

I have appealed both fines online with evidence of my payment (online invoice pdf) and explaining my mistake as above.

I hear the council are pretty understanding with mistakes of this nature and hopefully they will be able see my inputted reg was not used over the crossings on or around the same dates.

I had an almost identical enquiry on Friday and I suggested that the individual should contact Dart Charge (on 0300 300 0120) and explain what has happened. Within minutes, I received a call to say that Dart Charge had cancelled the Penalty Charge Notice. Have you actually called Dart?

As has been mentioned here, Dart Charging are by far, the most understanding of all charging authorities and they use their discretion wisely.

Bailiff Advice Online

This post has been edited by Bailiff Advice: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 12:54

+Quote Post
Mark D
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 16:33
Post #11

Just called them and they told me they don’t deal with appeals over the phone and to go through the standard process..
Ah well. Wait and see..

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 16:54
Post #12

QUOTE (Mark D @ Sun, 17 Mar 2019 - 16:33) *
Just called them and they told me they don’t deal with appeals over the phone and to go through the standard process..
Ah well. Wait and see..

Twitter

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark D
post Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 11:50
Post #13

Response from Twitter:

Hello Mark, Following a review, the representation has been accepted and we have cancelled the PCN(s).

This PCN was issued because payment was made against the wrong vehicle registration mark. Vehicle XXXX made the crossing(s), but payment was made against vehicle XXXXX.

On this occasion we have chosen to apply our discretion and accept your representation, however we will be unable to do this again should future payments be made incorrectly. We must remind you it is your responsibility to ensure when paying for the charge that the correct vehicle registration mark and class of vehicle have been entered. Always verify the details you provide before completing the transaction.

No further action will be taken in respect of the above mentioned PCN(s); however, should you pay the charge incorrectly again we will be unable to cancel any PCN(s) issued as a result.

Nice to see Dart do have some allowances to genuine mistakes.

Thanks for the help people. Hope it helps others.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 11:57
Post #14

QUOTE (Mark D @ Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 11:50) *
Response from Twitter:

Hello Mark, Following a review, the representation has been accepted and we have cancelled the PCN(s).

This PCN was issued because payment was made against the wrong vehicle registration mark. Vehicle XXXX made the crossing(s), but payment was made against vehicle XXXXX.

On this occasion we have chosen to apply our discretion and accept your representation, however we will be unable to do this again should future payments be made incorrectly. We must remind you it is your responsibility to ensure when paying for the charge that the correct vehicle registration mark and class of vehicle have been entered. Always verify the details you provide before completing the transaction.

No further action will be taken in respect of the above mentioned PCN(s); however, should you pay the charge incorrectly again we will be unable to cancel any PCN(s) issued as a result.

Nice to see Dart do have some allowances to genuine mistakes.

Thanks for the help people. Hope it helps others.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 12:01
Post #15

Member No.: 38,559

Surprised that they did not do this over the phone, as Sheila (BailiffsAdvice) said, they are one of the few authorities that act reasonably and will do so on a phone call.
Doesn't matter, good result.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 16:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here