PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Council PCN for parking in loading bay
pmistry7891
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 13:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,523

Hi there, I have managed to get myself a council PCN for parking in a loading bay which is normally a paid parking zone during the day. I parked at 5.55pm and got a PCN at 6:44pm. I feel that as I had parked outside the paid parking hours, there was no cost incurred to the council however, I would like the opinion of the experts. Do I have any grounds to appeal this? Thanks for your help.

PCN and pic of sign attached. Note that the pic of the sign is from the evidence on the council website.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  08_11_2019_13_16_16.pdf ( 579.76K ) Number of downloads: 8

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 13:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 14:55
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Looks bang to rights I'm afraid. The sign is clear - why did you think the cost is an issue if the bay's purpose had changed? I take it you weren't loading.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 8 Nov 2019 - 22:18
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

So here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.8170354,-...3312!8i6656

Looks banged-to-rights. The fact that the council didn't lose any revenue is irrelevant, otherwise you could just park on the double yellow lines as well. I'm afraid the discount seems like the only real option unless you can be bothered to go and double check the Traffic Regulation Order for the bay, but 99% of the time it will be in order.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 10th December 2019 - 10:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.