Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MET - Wandsworth - DCBL - urgent advice requested
Thomas989
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 122,511

I hope you can help.

In 2020, I parked in Chapel Yard in Wandsworth, administered by MET parking. The place I was working at gave me a permit, which I filled in and displayed. I read the signage, which said you had to park within the marked bays. BUT - the area is cobbled, and there is not one marked bay. So I parked in what seemed to me the most considerate place, not blocking anything, and took pictures of the car, its position, the permit in the windscreen, etc. When I returned, I had a ticket.

I didn’t respond whenever they got in touch, because I had dealings with companies like these when I was younger, and am 100% confident I don’t owe a charge, thinking that if they did take it to court, I’d be happy to fight it with photographic evidence and the permit.

In December 2023 I received a claim form from the CNBC. I responded to this online on 5/12/23, explaining the evidence I have and what occurred. Receipt was acknowledged by the CNBC on 6/12/23. I also had an email from DCBL Legal saying that they would be pursuing the case, but giving me 7 days to settle by paying. I saw this as a last attempt to get me to pay, so didn’t respond, as I felt confident of my case.

The receipt letter on 6/12/23 from CNBC said that the claimant would need to contact the court within 28 days of receiving a copy of my defence, or the claim would be stayed. I heard nothing more.

Today, (29/2/24) I received from CNBC a General Form of Judgment or order saying that I had been sent Notice of Proposed Allocation to Track, which contained a date by which I was required to return a Directions Questionnaire. It goes on to say that it’s giving me a further 7 days to do this, and if I don’t comply my defence will automatically be struck out. It is dated the 21/2/24. So it arrived on the day after the 7 days it gives me are up. Added to this, it gives me an email address (ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk) which when you email it says it was discontinued on 28/2/24! In the auto reply it gives a long list of other email addresses, and I don’t know where to start.

Can one or more of you wise people please help me? I thought I’d done what I needed to do.

T

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Advertisement
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Redx
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:08
Post #2

Member No.: 86,486

Post a link to a picture or screenshot of the options for the emails, because that was the correct address recently, but the CCBC did change hats to the CNBC last year

Use postimg or imgbb or a similar hosting site and add links

We need to see actual paperwork, not your interpretation etc

This list was posted on mse parking forum 3 days ago

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discus...help-for-others

This post has been edited by Redx: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:14

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:38
Post #3

https://ibb.co/QDGRL1c

Thanks for your reply. Hope the link works..

This post has been edited by Thomas989: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:39
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Redx
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 22:45
Post #4

Email your completed N180 DQ as an attachment to the third address down, as shown in that section , following their instructions exactly

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 23:10
Post #5

Thank you. Even though it’s past the date they’ve given because the letter arrived so late?

And I should write a covering message explaining the chronology?

A couple of questions - sorry if they seem stupid:

C1 Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case?
Should I write yes even though I don’t think any of it is appropriate?

D Suitability for determination without a hearing
Yes or No?

Why haven’t I been asked to provide evidence, and why is there nowhere to do this?

Thanks so much.

T

+Quote Post
Redx
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 23:20
Post #6

Yes email it asap to the new email address for a DQ and check for the auto reply email

Yes add the chronology and apologies into the email as well

Study the advice over on mse parking forum regarding filling it in , by Grizebeck and bargepole

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discus...he-n180-form/p1

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discus...-31st-july-2023

When the CCBC added extra questions a few years ago, one regular on mse posted the best options for filling in the extra sections in the link above

The CNBC is a government office in Northampton

Your witness statement and exhibits stage wont happen for several months, after your local nominated civil court write to you with a court order containing directions etc, hence why its not done now , its between you and your local civil court, when they have written to you first, so they get all the information etc

Study the advice on mse in that link and in the newbies FAQ sticky thread, plus study a dozen or more court cases on there and here too

This post has been edited by Redx: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 23:24

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Thu, 29 Feb 2024 - 23:29
Post #7

I’m very grateful for your time and knowledge.

I’ll study these this evening and get it sent in the morning. What worries me is that the deadline has passed, even though I only received it today. Will they accept it?

T

+Quote Post
Redx
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 10:27
Post #8

Only the CNBC can answer that question, but get it done anyway, this morning , it's a ten minutes job , plus copy in the legal firm with a copy too, a copy goes to BOTH of them, not just the CNBC !

Once done, login to MCOL and check out your claim history, because you haven't copied and posted it for us to see

You could phone them after it's been emailed and ask them to urgently add the received DQ to the case so its officially logged

Given the current publicity about the letter post being delayed, as seen on Panorama the other day, its probably delayed by the Postal service, or lack of service

Keep checking your MCOL claim history until the DQ is definitely logged, then wait a few months until your local court contacts you by letter, usually you disregard and file any settlement letters by the legal firm, keep reading and understanding the cases etc in other claims so you are prepared, that checklist should be studied closely too

Research, thats your best weapon, you will have plenty of time before your local civil court contacts you with instructions and deadlines etc

This post has been edited by Redx: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 10:28

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 10:48
Post #9

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 11:40
Post #10

Does anyone have a suggestion of which London Court to select?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 11:47
Post #11

Member No.: 317

The one closest to where you live!

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 12:00

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 12:06
Post #12

Yes, sorry - it’s more that I don’t know which courts deal with this, and there’s not an obvious handy list. Got through to CNBC though, and they advised on that.

Having trouble finding the best answer to C1 Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track? Guessing it has to be yes?

+Quote Post
Redx
post Fri, 1 Mar 2024 - 12:32
Post #13

As I said earlier, read the advice by Grizebeck and Bargepole, I don't think you have read his guidance from 8 years ago yet

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discus...october-2016/p1

It's all linked via the newbies FAQ sticky thread in announcements over there

Stick to the advice and links, informed good advice is better than your opinion or mine

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Mon, 8 Apr 2024 - 14:37
Post #14

Hi there. Needing help again on this.

So I checked MCOL online as I’ve heard nothing about this, and it says my defence was rejected and then struck out on 21/3/2024. No other information. What now? I really don’t understand this process, and the lack of comms - do I wait for a court date? Have I lost? Do I get a CCJ? Help..!

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 8 Apr 2024 - 14:49
Post #15

If the defence was struck out there will be no court date and you are now awaiting the CCJ detailing how much to pay and by when.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Mon, 8 Apr 2024 - 14:59
Post #16

I have evidence that they haven’t given me the chance to show. Why is that? If I pay it now, even though I don’t owe it, can I avoid it? I really don’t understand..

+Quote Post
Redx
post Mon, 8 Apr 2024 - 22:19
Post #17

At the moment your problems are between you and the CNBC in Northampton, we cannot help you with that, you need to sort it out with the CNBC, its currently a 2 party problem, the CNBC, and You, so contact the CNBC

+Quote Post
Thomas989
post Mon, 8 Apr 2024 - 22:24
Post #18

Thanks for your reply. It seems that despite assurances, my DQ was not logged, even though I have proof it was sent, meaning the defence was struck off by default. So yes, my problem is with them. In the meantime I’ve paid it in order to avoid it going on my credit file, and will now have to pursue it in retrospect.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 9 Apr 2024 - 09:10
Post #19

You can still seek to have the case reopened which will reverse the judgement, by paying now you avoid having a CCJ on your credit file if that attempt to re-open fails.

I believe the only way you can revers that now is via a set aside application costing over £250 (not sure of the current rate as I think it's just gone up), with no guarantee of success that may be throwing good money after bad I'm afraid.

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 13th April 2024 - 03:51
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here