Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What after hit?
Arash Trip
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 08:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,069

Hi,

Last night I reversed in the street and as I know I did not hit the rear car (I saw it in the camera and no sound). But the driver of the rear car flashed couple of times and then we stopped.

He claimed that you hit but it was very slow and so it seems nothing happened and he said that he just wanted to let me know about it. I said that I did not notice but sorry if he thinks otherwise. We exchanged our numbers and first name just in case.

Now, I am thinking should I do anything for example informing police or insurance? I even dont know his car registration and I still believe nothing happened and the cars were just so close. Is it a hit and run?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Arash Trip: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 08:49
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 08:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 09:05
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

If you exchanged details then by definition it isn't a hit and run. Does your camera record video or is it just a reversing camera?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Arash Trip
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 09:08
Post #3

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 09:05) *
If you exchanged details then by definition it isn't a hit and run. Does your camera record video or is it just a reversing camera?

thanks. It is just a reversing camera and does not record. Also, we just exchanged first names and phone number. No address or anything else.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 11:08
Post #4

Member No.: 90,659

If there was no impact and you took a photo of the cars showing no damage then there would seem to be no problem. To be honest it is normally pretty obvious if you bump into a car even at low speed.

That said back in the day of black bumpers I had sone ditzy woman reverse at speed into my car and then denied all knowledge when challenged. So perhaps it isn't obvious to everyone.

+Quote Post
Arash Trip
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 11:36
Post #5

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 11:08) *
If there was no impact and you took a photo of the cars showing no damage then there would seem to be no problem. To be honest it is normally pretty obvious if you bump into a car even at low speed.

That said back in the day of black bumpers I had sone ditzy woman reverse at speed into my car and then denied all knowledge when challenged. So perhaps it isn't obvious to everyone.

No photo was taken and he himself insisted that nothing probably happened and it just a very slow bump. I agree with you that even bumping into a car at very low speed is obvious and I did not notice any noise or car shaking or anything. I told him that but said I am sorry if you think otherwise.

As said I even do not know his registration number and so I am a bit worried that should I report to any police or insurance as I still believe nothing was really happened.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 17:23
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

Unless you hear something from him I wouldn't bother. There's no requirement to report an accident to the police if it nobody was injured and details were exchanged at the time.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Arash Trip
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 17:33
Post #7

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 17:23) *
Unless you hear something from him I wouldn't bother. There's no requirement to report an accident to the police if it nobody was injured and details were exchanged at the time.

Thank you very much

This post has been edited by Arash Trip: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 17:37

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 19:46
Post #8

Member No.: 1,326

Sounds like you did everything correctly. If you hear back from him then you only need to inform your insurance company, perhaps stating you don't think there was any contact with the other car. No need to involve the Police.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 11 Dec 2018 - 09:18
Post #9

Member No.: 15,642

.and that the driver of the other vehicle confirmed this, or that they confirmed there was no damage etc.

This post has been edited by nosferatu1001: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 - 09:19

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here