PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP in Company Vehicle - Surrey, NIP sent to company and they need to know who was driving..
salam
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 14:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,013

Hi,

I just received an NIP but it is not addressed to me - it is addressed to my company. I dont think I will be able to get away with saying it was not me so I will have to tell our company secretary that I was driving. I just wanted to know what normally happens in that case - should I receive an NIP in my name that I can then appeal? Also I have posted it below, any chance anyone has had some experience with Surrey and what the fine and penalties might be? And would there be any grounds for appeal?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 14:45
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 14:51
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

Your co. sec. completes the S.172 naming you and you will receive your own NIP in a few weeks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 14:53
Post #3

Member No.: 317

NIP wizard please, link at top right and have the output added to the thread.

The company should name you, you get a similar document when you name yourself, for that speed/limit you'll be offered and awareness course.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 14:53
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

For 50 in a 40 you'll be looking either at a speed awareness course, or at worst a fixed penalty (3 point and £100 fine), assuming you're not already on 9 points or more.

Is the V5C in the company's name or is it a leased vehicle?

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
salam
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:02
Post #5

It is a leased vehicle, I dont have any points on my license and haven't had any for at least 8-10 years (if that makes any difference?). Is there any grounds for appeal on this sort of thing or just have to take the penalty?

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:04
Post #6

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (salam @ Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 16:02) *
Is there any grounds for appeal on this sort of thing or just have to take the penalty?

You can't appeal a NIP. Do you have a defence to the allegation? If not then you sccept the SAC or CoFP.

This post has been edited by peterguk: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:04

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:05
Post #7

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (salam @ Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:45) *
...should I receive an NIP in my name that I can then appeal?

And would there be any grounds for appeal?

Not sure what you mean by appeal?

I would hazard a guess that you mean anything that can avoid it? Usually not - areas that could form a defence (at court) could include an administrative issue (e.g. 'late' NIP), faulty signage/incorrect traffic order or that you weren't actually speeding...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
salam
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 15:22
Post #8

Fair enough - I haven't had one for a while, once I get it through I will post on here and see if there is anything that stands out.

Thanks for the information!

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 18:05
Post #9

Member No.: 317

I’m not sure what you think you’ll have to post, only the first NIP (to the lease company) would give any cop out. If you believe you were probably speeding then there is almost certainly nothing you can do but play along with the system for the course.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 21st September 2018 - 05:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.