PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Failed roadside drug test
bobwinner
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,069

Good afternoon. Long time since i have been on here, Im after some help or guidance, a police officer who stopped me on Thursday initially said i was uninsured, after half hour and me proving i was insured, and then a search of my vehicle which yielded nothing, he then wanted a drug wipe test, so i agreed as, I have included a picture of the result, which is the faintest positive i have ever seen, I informed the officer i have been using cocodamol which has codeine in it for nausea as i have coronavirus and have ahd it for the last ten days quite badly, although it had been at least 4 days or so since i last took cocodamol, and if im to be honest with you guys, 6 full days since (friday evening before approx 9pm) i had last used a very small amount of cocaine in a social setting. I know i shouldnt do drugs and i am ashamed and wont do them again, i have had a clean license for well over ten years now and proud of it. The blood is currently at the lab for testing (sample taken 8:30pm thursday) (6 full days since last use), can anybody tell me what they think my chances are of getting away with this? Thanks and once again apologies for being an idiot and taking cocaine. If i do get away with this it will be the kick up the backside i need. If i dont, and i lose my license its going to be awfull for me.

The picture i took of the test was after ten minutes time had passed since taking the test so the full amount of time had passed.

This post has been edited by bobwinner: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 12:03
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 11:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Tarantula
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 13:42
Post #2

Member No.: 112,875

Isn't that a negative result? One line only which is the control line so no test lines showing.

As for the blood sample, no idea.

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 14:10
Post #3

QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 14:42) *
Isn't that a negative result? One line only which is the control line so no test lines showing.

As for the blood sample, no idea.

Hi, yes thats what i was protesting to the officer but he said there was a very faint outline of a 2nd line, which was more of a smear or smudge to me, there should be a solid 2nd line for a positive result but he deemed anything other than pure white a chance to arrest me.

Thanks for the reply.

This post has been edited by bobwinner: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 14:11

+Quote Post
Logician
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 16:49
Post #4

Member No.: 36,528

There is a threshold level for cocaine which is 10 micrograms per litre of blood, so it all depends on the lab result.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slapdash
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 18:41
Post #5

Member No.: 86,040

There is also a threshold level for a metabalite BZE.

Detectable cocaine in the blood would indicate very recent use, usually hours.

BZE would usually be clear in 2-3 days but in a long term user it could be longer, also if obese it will tend to detect for longer because it is stored in fat.

If you have your own sample then getting it tesyed, if it has been stored in spec might be sensible.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 18:45
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

I can see a very faint indication for cocaine, the roadside test is only an indication and it's good enough to warrant a lab test. How many samples of blood did they take? IIRC there's meant to be at least two so that one can be sent to a lab chosen by the defence, and there's been some funny goings on in police labs in the past few years.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Sun, 31 Jul 2022 - 14:41
Post #7

QUOTE (Logician @ Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 17:49) *
There is a threshold level for cocaine which is 10 micrograms per litre of blood, so it all depends on the lab result.

Hi, im 100% confident the cocaine level will be zero, how the test has came back positive i do not know, its the BZE numbers from distant use thats worrying me. Thanks.

QUOTE (Slapdash @ Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 19:41) *
There is also a threshold level for a metabalite BZE.

Detectable cocaine in the blood would indicate very recent use, usually hours.

BZE would usually be clear in 2-3 days but in a long term user it could be longer, also if obese it will tend to detect for longer because it is stored in fat.

If you have your own sample then getting it tesyed, if it has been stored in spec might be sensible.

Yes i do have my own sample which is in the fridge, it was 6 full days since i last took one very small amount of cocaine so i am hoping the BZE levels will be below the threshold of 50micrograms per litre, i have been doing extensive research into this and i am dumbfounded how the test has yeilded a positive result, it must have something to do with my coronavirus or dehydrated state. Thanks.

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 30 Jul 2022 - 19:45) *
I can see a very faint indication for cocaine, the roadside test is only an indication and it's good enough to warrant a lab test. How many samples of blood did they take? IIRC there's meant to be at least two so that one can be sent to a lab chosen by the defence, and there's been some funny goings on in police labs in the past few years.

Yes, i have a sample which is stored, I will look into sending it off, maybe they will clear me before the police do, or the alternative. Thanks.

+Quote Post
trubster
post Sun, 31 Jul 2022 - 18:28
Post #8

Member No.: 17,078

I have previously provided a positive cocaine result through a similar test at a workplace, it turned out co-codamol was the cause of the false positive.

I'd get the test sent off, but looking at how feint that 2nd line is, I'd say it's a very small chance of coming back OPL

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 1 Aug 2022 - 00:00
Post #9

QUOTE (trubster @ Sun, 31 Jul 2022 - 19:28) *
I'd get the test sent off, but looking at how feint that 2nd line is, I'd say it's a very small chance of coming back OPL

As I said, we've seen funny goings-on in recent years with some police labs. Given the consequences of a conviction are severe, I'd definitely get the sample tested by a reputable independent lab.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 14:18
Post #10

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 1 Aug 2022 - 01:00) *

As I said, we've seen funny goings-on in recent years with some police labs. Given the consequences of a conviction are severe, I'd definitely get the sample tested by a reputable independent lab.

Hi, i have contacted all the labs in the booklet the police provided me with alongside my sample, is this some sort of joke, because none of them are doing drug testing at the minute and the only one that gave me a price was £493 - I cant belive it, how is the average person supposed to afford that. Should i wait for the police results to come back and go from there? I would find the money somehow if the police put me just over the limits with half a chance of challenging it, but im astounded at the charges.

This post has been edited by bobwinner: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 14:19

+Quote Post
IanJohnsonWS14
post Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 14:49
Post #11

Member No.: 3,508

QUOTE (bobwinner @ Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 15:18) *

Hi, i have contacted all the labs in the booklet the police provided me with alongside my sample, is this some sort of joke, because none of them are doing drug testing at the minute and the only one that gave me a price was £493 - I cant belive it, how is the average person supposed to afford that. Should i wait for the police results to come back and go from there? I would find the money somehow if the police put me just over the limits with half a chance of challenging it, but im astounded at the charges.

The questions you have to ask yourself are

1 Do you really expect your independent test to come back positive (only you know what you took and when)
2 How important is being able to drive.

--------------------
Speeding tickets, like lottery tickets, are a voluntary tax. You don't have to get them.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 15:03
Post #12

Member No.: 18,483

If the sample won’t degrade, you could wait and see what the police sample comes back as. You only need to get yours tested if you’re charged.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 15:49
Post #13

QUOTE (IanJohnsonWS14 @ Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 15:49) *
QUOTE (bobwinner @ Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 15:18) *

The questions you have to ask yourself are

1 Do you really expect your independent test to come back positive (only you know what you took and when)
2 How important is being able to drive.

Hi there, from the research i have done, there should of been zero cocaine and the test should of been a negative at the roadside, as for benzoylecgonine traces, those should of been zero too as the timeframes were well past. The fact i had covid and hadnt been well at the time and was very dehydrated according to the police burse, i fear that may have kept the stuff in my system longer and i was unable to expell it all, so i am at a loss as to what the results will be.

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 16:03) *
If the sample won’t degrade, you could wait and see what the police sample comes back as. You only need to get yours tested if you’re charged.

Yes thats what i was thinking, fingers crossed, im not sure how long the police usually take to do these things and how long the sample will stay good in the fridge, i will try and research it.

+Quote Post
Slapdash
post Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 17:22
Post #14

Member No.: 86,040

Whilst it was about a week between your last use and the test was this your only general use. ?

If there was more regular use the metabalites will ahow up cfor longer (potentially far longer in fairly habitual users).

Is your sample sealed in any way ?

If it is to become evidential then being able to demonstrate that it is indeed the same sample as that taken is very important.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 9 Aug 2022 - 21:44
Post #15

I profess no expertise in this area but https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/go...ens_for_s5A.pdf says that "The drugs covered by the s5A offence may be subject to degradation over time. The forensic unit shall use storage methods which demonstrably minimise such degradation."

Maybe call the lab and ask them for how long the sample can be stored. You wouldn't want to find that by the time the police charge you, the sample is no good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
baggins1234
post Tue, 9 Aug 2022 - 22:00
Post #16

Member No.: 39,849

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 9 Aug 2022 - 22:44) *

I profess no expertise in this area but https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/go...ens_for_s5A.pdf says that "The drugs covered by the s5A offence may be subject to degradation over time. The forensic unit shall use storage methods which demonstrably minimise such degradation."

Maybe call the lab and ask them for how long the sample can be stored. You wouldn't want to find that by the time the police charge you, the sample is no good.

You should have been given a booklet that explains all this

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Tue, 13 Sep 2022 - 14:01
Post #17

QUOTE (Slapdash @ Mon, 8 Aug 2022 - 18:22) *
Whilst it was about a week between your last use and the test was this your only general use. ?

If there was more regular use the metabalites will ahow up cfor longer (potentially far longer in fairly habitual users).

Is your sample sealed in any way ?

If it is to become evidential then being able to demonstrate that it is indeed the same sample as that taken is very important.

no, i had used it about 2 weeks prior to that also, but even so, doesnt the roadsde test only test for cocaine and not the metabolites, in which case after 6 days it should be zero, yes my smaple is sealed in the fridge, hasnt moved since i placed it there.

QUOTE (baggins1234 @ Tue, 9 Aug 2022 - 23:00) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 9 Aug 2022 - 22:44) *

You should have been given a booklet that explains all this

yes i got a booklet, its full of laboratories names and numbers all of whom are not doing drug testing at this time, i have all the replys from them as proof if its any good.

Does anybody know how long these results take? its been about 8 weeks now.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 14 Sep 2022 - 13:17
Post #18

I suggest you try and find a lab that is open for business. I find it hard to believe that not a single lab in the country would analyse your samble, and if that were the case you'd need compelling evidence to prove it.

In theory if you could show that the Crown has crowded out the market buy buying all all testing capacity in the country, that would raise issues around a fair trial, but to prove that it is impossible to get your own sample tested the evidence would need to be truly overwhelming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bobwinner
post Thu, 22 Sep 2022 - 09:22
Post #19

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Wed, 14 Sep 2022 - 14:17) *
I suggest you try and find a lab that is open for business. I find it hard to believe that not a single lab in the country would analyse your samble, and if that were the case you'd need compelling evidence to prove it.

In theory if you could show that the Crown has crowded out the market buy buying all all testing capacity in the country, that would raise issues around a fair trial, but to prove that it is impossible to get your own sample tested the evidence would need to be truly overwhelming.

Hi, i cant afford the 500 pound they want to test it, the only lab that was offering testing out of the whole booklet the police gave me,, not in this climate, its been 2 months now and i havent heard anything yet.

+Quote Post
NeverMind
post Thu, 22 Sep 2022 - 10:18
Post #20

Member No.: 50,387

QUOTE (bobwinner @ Tue, 13 Sep 2022 - 15:01) *
yes i got a booklet, its full of laboratories names and numbers all of whom are not doing drug testing at this time, i have all the replys from them as proof if its any good.

QUOTE (bobwinner @ Thu, 22 Sep 2022 - 10:22) *
Hi, i cant afford the 500 pound they want to test it, the only lab that was offering testing out of the whole booklet the police gave me,, not in this climate, its been 2 months now and i havent heard anything yet.

I thought you had proof that none of them were doing testing?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 18:33
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here