Parking Charge Notice - Have NEVER been to this place!, PCN Fake photo evidence
Ginger248
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,336

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue;

I've received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye, stating I was in a certain Aldi car park for over three hours. I was not, I know I was at home all afternoon with my car parked on the street.

In addition to this I have NEVER EVER been to the Aldi, or car park stated in the notice. How ever, on the notice the is an image of a car almost exactly like mine with the number plates highlighted. The photos are black & white and darkened with the plates highlighted, so could have easily been Photoshoped. Because of this I am also unable to make out any distinguishing features on the car (stickers in back window etc) to confirm it is actually mine (which it isn't).

If it is a photoshop scam, it seems extremely illaborate to have an image of a car of my description in a car park under their ownership, match them with my plate details, then blend them together and send the charge to me. Could this mean my vehicle has been cloned? And if so, how do I go about it without having to falsely admit my presence at said car park to Parking Eye? (as I have read a lot of stories of people appealing and involved in a very lengthy, costly process even when innocent, just for admitting ownership through Parking Eye's system)

The other thing I should add is that I have only just found these letters. They had been going to my parents address (as that is where the car must still be registered to), and am now on my 3rd notice and over a month since the 1st one.

Any help on this, or any info from people in the same situation would be hugely appreciated! As i cannot find any other example of duplicated vehicle plates on parking tickets anywhere online.

Many Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 11:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Macapaca
post Sat, 20 Oct 2018 - 15:30
Post #21

Member No.: 94,458

I once received a speeding notice from the police including photos of a car which looked like mine and had the same number plate. It was clearly a clone and so I wrote to the police making it clear that I had never been to the alledged location and that I could prove that I was 200 miles away with my real car at that time. I never heard about it again!
If the police do not give you an incident number then I suggest that you write a letter to the police and DVLA so that you have it on record that you informed the authorities about the alleged clone. This could be very useful later if PE do not drop the PCN.

This post has been edited by Macapaca: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 - 15:31

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sat, 20 Oct 2018 - 18:10
Post #22

Member No.: 32,130

The Police will give an Incident or 'log' number of the concern.

That's all the OP needs but then the SAR/ERASURE notice should get the fake PCN cancelled when the PPC spot it's probably not a clone but a misread.

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Sun, 21 Oct 2018 - 13:34
Post #23

Member No.: 78,368

Checked with my friend about his cloned car, it was a speeding offence in London miles away from him.
He had to send photos off his car to the Met by email however that was a criminal offence, he heard no more after that.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 19th November 2018 - 14:46
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.