PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Liverpool Airport - Parking Charge Notice- Vehicle Control Services Limited
Christian_d
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,484

Now then. I got this from VCS Limited. £60 for picking up the parents from Liverpoool Airport after sunning themselves up in Spain.

I'll post up the full story later as there's a little more to it.

Will need some opinions on whether to hard or soft appeal to POLPLA. I actually spoke to the guy in the van the took the photo. What a mean old dude he was too.

I'll write up the other info later, but in the meantime, please feel free to view before I file the original and cut this scanned one into squares so I can pop it on a nail in my outside toilet.

This post has been edited by Christian_d: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 20:00
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Start new topic
Replies (60 - 69)
Advertisement
post Tue, 8 Jan 2013 - 12:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Christian_d
post Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 12:01
Post #61

QUOTE (bama @ Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 10:53) *
their Ts and Cs make it clear:

"LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF CAR PARKS
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Entry to or use of the car parks at Liverpool John Lennon Airport (“the airport”) is subject to the current terms and conditions of Liverpool Airport Limited (“the Company”) and the airport byelaws"

Are we saying that VCS are now giving out Pakring Charge Notices on the car parks too??

I was under the impression that they only dish them out on the access road, on both sides from the roundabout to about 1/2 mile down the road.

+Quote Post
bama
post Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 12:04
Post #62

Member No.: 4,323

the Airports Act 1986 ss 63(1), 82 ? ?
and
Before making byelaws, the Secretary of State must give public notice of the proposed byelaws to allow representations to be made and to be considered prior to the publication of the statutory instrument embodying them*

* the Airports Act 1986 s 63(6), (7)
and

As to byelaws relating to entry into the airport otherwise than as a bona fide airline passenger see Cinnamond v British Airports Authority [1980] 2 All ER 368, [1980] 1 WLR 582, CA

This post has been edited by bama: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 12:05

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Christian_d
post Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 12:16
Post #63

If the link works. The VCS signs can be seen either side of the road just before the painted "slow" signs

You can also see the fake double red lines on the road which are meant to indicate no stopping.

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2pi7bmz3d1kgrz7bfzp6z2u

If you drive south down that road probably 500 yards & towards the Airport, I've only ever seem him go around the roundabout at the bottom and then turn back to where the street view link is. He drives in a loop patrolling the north & southbound carriageways.

I only know this because I was playing tic-tac-toe winding him up stopping on one side, waiting until he left the roundabout and drew level on the other carriageway and then driving off. I repeated this process about 5 times and could literally see the steam from his ears.

This post has been edited by Christian_d: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 12:21

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 13:45
Post #64

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (Christian_d @ Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 13:16) *
If the link works. The VCS signs can be seen either side of the road just before the painted "slow" signs

You can also see the fake double red lines on the road which are meant to indicate no stopping.

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2pi7bmz3d1kgrz7bfzp6z2u

If you drive south down that road probably 500 yards & towards the Airport, I've only ever seem him go around the roundabout at the bottom and then turn back to where the street view link is. He drives in a loop patrolling the north & southbound carriageways.

I only know this because I was playing tic-tac-toe winding him up stopping on one side, waiting until he left the roundabout and drew level on the other carriageway and then driving off. I repeated this process about 5 times and could literally see the steam from his ears.

Yeeaahhh

This post has been edited by Lynnzer: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 - 13:46

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
stockyvillage
post Fri, 11 Oct 2013 - 08:07
Post #65

Member No.: 57,974

Christian where the cones are at bottom roundabout is where the van spends most of the day

This post has been edited by stockyvillage: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 - 08:07

+Quote Post
morgo444
post Mon, 21 Oct 2013 - 19:51
Post #66

Member No.: 64,389

Hi Lynnzer et al

WRT POST #55

I've no problem starting a separate thread once I have pertinent info.

I've just returned from a worthwhile UK mini break and found a PCN from VCS on the mat from an alleged contravention mid Oct at JLA. I'll gladly promote my dissatisfaction to DVLA & BPA as requested but guidance required.

Meanwhile, did you happen to get your hands on the bye-laws?. Did StockyVillage weave his wonders at the airport to retrieve a copy?. Would I need clueing up before I create a separate thread if new byelaw info has come into play?.

My circs are very similar to Christian d (46 seconds not 8 seconds). Bad timing really, I only stopped to answer a call from the inbound outlaws telling me they had landed, 46 seconds later I was in the airport car park waiting for them. Would it be a good idea to follow the guidance offered by yourself to Christian_d or should I just start a new thread and ask for general assistance?

Cheers, Morgs

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Mon, 21 Oct 2013 - 20:02
Post #67

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (morgo444 @ Mon, 21 Oct 2013 - 20:51) *
Hi Lynnzer et al

WRT POST #55

I've no problem starting a separate thread once I have pertinent info.

I've just returned from a worthwhile UK mini break and found a PCN from VCS on the mat from an alleged contravention mid Oct at JLA. I'll gladly promote my dissatisfaction to DVLA & BPA as requested but guidance required.

Meanwhile, did you happen to get your hands on the bye-laws?. Did StockyVillage weave his wonders at the airport to retrieve a copy?. Would I need clueing up before I create a separate thread if new byelaw info has come into play?.

My circs are very similar to Christian d (46 seconds not 8 seconds). Bad timing really, I only stopped to answer a call from the inbound outlaws telling me they had landed, 46 seconds later I was in the airport car park waiting for them. Would it be a good idea to follow the guidance offered by yourself to Christian_d or should I just start a new thread and ask for general assistance?

Cheers, Morgs

£100 for 48 seconds amounts to a hell of a lot genuine pre-estimated costs don't it? Well not as much as you'd think given the cut in the takings.
No bye-laws yet.
Yes. New topic please so we can save some confusion as things start to happen along the way.
The just follow the original appeal basis to get a POPLA code.

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
roadie65
post Tue, 3 Jun 2014 - 13:53
Post #68

Member No.: 71,057

Hi everybody, what a great forum this is. I recently arrived at Liverpool airport and was picked up by a friend on the access road just before the roundabout. The car was stopped for 9 seconds, and then the PCN from VCS arrived two days later. Is it ok to amend and use your draft letters to challenge this charge, please ? should I challenge, or should I appeal ? Thanks to every one here doing the work and providing the detailed info. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
dwl99
post Tue, 3 Jun 2014 - 16:19
Post #69

Member No.: 63,953

Easy appeal:
1. Do not admit at any stage that you were the driver
2. Submit a challenge to VCS, it doesn't really matter what you put as they will reject it. Insist on a POPLA code if your challenge is rejected
3. Submit POPLA appeal on the grounds that you were not parked and there was no loss to VCS therefore the charges do not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

VCS have a 100% fail rate with the above points in POPLA appeals. If you have the time & energy you can also tell POPLA that the roads are subject to airport byelaws and therefore not subject to POFA.

+Quote Post
miffedman
post Tue, 3 Jun 2014 - 17:20
Post #70

Member No.: 63,509

Roadie. You need to start your own thread so as not to confuse this one wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 13:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here