Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN but have all tickets/receipts
Tigger222
post Sun, 10 Feb 2019 - 21:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,310

Hi,
I live on the Isle of Wight and keep a car on the mainland. I have an annual season ticket with the ferry company and one of the perks is that I can buy a monthly car park pass to use in their car park which although owned by the ferry company, is managed by SmartParking using ANPR. The car park is basically just a pay and display but uses ANPR to check tickets, actual stay duration, etc. For some reason mid way through the current month I have started to receive a series of PCNs. My Pass ran from the 11th Jan to the 9th Feb and the first violation was on the 23rd Jan. No idea what happened so went to Ferry company on Thursday who took copies of my receipts and the Car Park Ticket I was issued with and checked them against their records and all were confirmed as valid. They then confirmed they had sent an email to Smartparking which did contain the correct car registration and start/end dates so I left copies with them and they said they would pass the details to the Retail Manager that morning who would sort it. Looking tonight at the Smartparking website the PCN still seems to be valid as I can pay it so unsure as to what to do next, give them some more time or start to chase up?
Many thanks,
Tigger.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 56)
Advertisement
post Sun, 10 Feb 2019 - 21:54
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Glacier2
post Fri, 15 Feb 2019 - 15:55
Post #41

Member No.: 1,131

That is absolutely fine.

Do the same for each one.

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Fri, 15 Feb 2019 - 16:00
Post #42

On their website you enter vrm and ntk number and it displays the details for the pcn. You then select Appeal and you fill in usual personal details and the wording for the appeal and all falls under the ntk number header as in confirmation shown above. Unfortunately they don't seem to have a way of monitoring the status of them

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 16:50
Post #43

Member No.: 16,066

That's why I prefer first class post with a free certificate of posting from the Post Office Counter. You have more control over what goes in and what doesn't go into the appeal. You also keep a copy of the precise appeal you made.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 17:54
Post #44

Whilst Smart might be the least litigious and easy to beat at POPLA, they are very strict on appeal deadlines. One day late and you are farmed off to DRP.

If a company provides online appeals, use them and screenshot for evidence. Post can always be binned.

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 20:10
Post #45

Hi, all appeals done online with screenshots saved of every stage for each one.
Quick couple of queries though, as the appeals process is likely to go beyond the initial 28 days to pay before I get an answer I assume I wait for outcome of all appeals (with PPC and POPLA if it gets that far) before I pay anything?
When I submitted the appeals I did not receive any email acknowledgement (apart from on screen saying it had been submitted - got screenshot) and there doesn't seem to be any other way to confirm they have received it. Is this usual?
Many thanks
Tigger

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 20:49
Post #46

Member No.: 60,457

Yes it's just sit it out. Glad you saved the images

Keep ghammering WightLink

You won't be paying anything!

This post has been edited by ostell: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 20:50

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 21:00
Post #47

QUOTE (Tigger222 @ Sat, 16 Feb 2019 - 20:10) *
Hi, all appeals done online with screenshots saved of every stage for each one.
Quick couple of queries though, as the appeals process is likely to go beyond the initial 28 days to pay before I get an answer I assume I wait for outcome of all appeals (with PPC and POPLA if it gets that far) before I pay anything?
When I submitted the appeals I did not receive any email acknowledgement (apart from on screen saying it had been submitted - got screenshot) and there doesn't seem to be any other way to confirm they have received it. Is this usual?
Many thanks
Tigger

Smart do not send an email to acknowledge appeals. That's why it is important to save evidence.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 19:21
Post #48

Member No.: 15,642

Do not pay ANYTHING.

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 20:53
Post #49

Sounds good to me.
Wasn't sure what happened when you put an appeal in, does the process effectively just freeze until the appeals process has run its course and then continue?
Expecting some more ntks to turn up tomorrow/Tuesday but not sure as I got the reply back from DVLA up to the 12th Feb which only showed requests for ntks I already have.
Looking at timings it seems like they take about a week to ask DVLA for info and then a couple days more to get the ntks out hence they only just make the 14 days.
Its possible Wightlink have managed to stop any more being issued but not had any confirmation from them that they have sorted it, only that they 'will' sort it.
See what happens tomorrow and if it still looks like nothings happening then will pop into their office later this week.
Cheers
Tigger

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 21:39
Post #50

DVLA access is electronic, any delay is their office.

When they "investigate" your appeal and reject you then appeal to POPLA

This post has been edited by ostell: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 21:40

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 21:51
Post #51

Reading earlier posts 'SMART actualy are quite smart, and cancel if they know theyll lose at POPLA. Saves them the fee.' and 'Smart are probably the least litigious of all the PPC's and will readily cancel on first appeals where a firm "Non compliance with POFA and no keeper liability" appeal is pleaded' it would seem that Smartparking will hopefully bin it at their appeal stage, guess time will tell.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 21:59
Post #52

You are correct about Smart but didn't want to build your hopes up.

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - 23:55
Post #53

no, its ok, unfortunately being ex forces/engineer I'm used to things happening there and then and not having to wait forever for what I would consider to be something that should only take 5 minutes to resolve.
When I bought our house the legal side for me took forever and was so frustratingly slow when to me a simple phone call could sort it there and then.
Anyway, many thanks to all for helping me and I'll try my best to keep quiet until things start to move on,
Cheers
Tigger.

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Thu, 21 Feb 2019 - 18:20
Post #54

Update:
It looks like Wightlink have done something as I have not received anymore PCNc and I was expecting another 4 or 5 but the date of offence for those lies between 15 and 20 days ago now.
I've been trying to get confirmation from Wightlink that the 5 I have have been cancelled but to no avail. All I can see online is the tickets still say the payment is £60 when the first few should of been £100 by now but I don't know whether this is because of Wightlink's intervention or the appeals I put in.
Unfortunately all emails to Wightlink go through one hub where they get moved to the appropriate department so I don't have direct access to the people who should be resolving this. The only other options I have is emailing their Media Team (have email address) or sending a letter to their Retail Manager (think he's the one ignoring me) or CEO.
Is it worth me emailing Smart Parking (I know not to phone) to try and get a status from them for each one?
Many thanks
Tigger

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 21 Feb 2019 - 19:53
Post #55

CEO then
Say it's not acceptable for their agent to harass you like this,nor was it acceptable for them to breach your DPA rights by accessing your data for an issue with THEIR systems.
State you're not getting anywhere and just need confirmation these have been cancelled, and an apology forthcoming,

+Quote Post
Tigger222
post Thu, 21 Feb 2019 - 19:56
Post #56

Job for tomorrow then smile.gif
Is it worth emailing Smart Parking or am I just wasting my time with that one?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 21 Feb 2019 - 20:05
Post #57

If you've appealed to smart, sit tight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here